2018 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parker is a great player .....but Cripps has the extra weapons of big body, strong marking ...and ability to also play as a marking forward target

Cripps is up & coming .....Parker has somewhat matured IMO
Parker is a better mark and forward than Cripps. I'm assuming you've never seen Parker play based on your comment

Parker is a better mark and forward than Cripps. I'm assuming you've never seen Parker play based on your comment
Think i've seen him enough to comment of him being a great player .....but he's 182cm which hardly makes him a FWD marking target ......versus Cripps @ 195cm , 5 years younger, is primed, with having now done his 50 game apprenticeship to "fly" ........at his height, i'd suggest he's a better forward marking threat than Parker

Think i've seen him enough to comment of him being a great player .....but he's 182cm which hardly makes him a FWD marking target ......versus Cripps @ 195cm , 5 years younger, is primed, with having now done his 50 game apprenticeship to "fly" ........at his height, i'd suggest he's a better forward marking threat than Parker
I'd suggest you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about considering you're referencing height as the key to your 'better mark and better forward' comment. Parker is in the top 3 mid/forwards in the AFL. Cripps is a better inside midfielder, but to suggest he's a better mark and forward is way off.

That's like me suggesting Goldstein is a better forward and mark than Martin because Goldstein is 14cm taller.

Yeah gotta say, the Cripps love is a little over the top.
He's a good player but Parker is elite, people rave about how good Dusty is as a fwd/mid, but Parker has proven to be just as proficient in that role.

People have short memories, Parker's 2016 was top shelf, he came 2nd in the brownlow.

He'll be running 15kms a game on that knee thats kept him out for 3 years.
So he had patalla tendon issues at Gold coast. The medical team up there is next to usless, as demonstrated by their extensive injury list from day 1.
Despite this, when he arrived at Hawthorn he was structurally fine. He said himself last week that strapping on his knee last year was for mental support, not physical. An impact injury caused him to be out early last year, not structural. During his recovery the hawks drs found the cause to pain in his knee was refered pain from elsewhere that may have been there the whole time. Now that this has been sorted, he says he a lot more confident in his knees and has done 98% of pre season. I see 20+ games no worries @ 20km per game!

If you picked him last year and got burnt bad luck, but this year is the time to get him in.

I'm sure JOM will play, but I need to see him kick the ball.
Last year he had 36 touches in one match with 30 handballs!!

Now that was probably a confidence thing with his leg as well, but before I consider him I need the ledger to be reversed.
He was 2:1 handballs over kicks last year.

So he had patalla tendon issues at Gold coast. The medical team up there is next to usless, as demonstrated by their extensive injury list from day 1.
Despite this, when he arrived at Hawthorn he was structurally fine. He said himself last week that strapping on his knee last year was for mental support, not physical. An impact injury caused him to be out early last year, not structural. During his recovery the hawks drs found the cause to pain in his knee was refered pain from elsewhere that may have been there the whole time. Now that this has been sorted, he says he a lot more confident in his knees and has done 98% of pre season. I see 20+ games no worries @ 20km per game!

If you picked him last year and got burnt bad luck, but this year is the time to get him in.
Cogs redden armo Jom in that order for me.
I've tried a team with all 4.
Im pretty sure all are good picks as stepping stones.
Should make for a few different teams.

Oliver, Crouch, Neale and Mitchell making the case you don't need to score with kicks.

Oliver, Crouch and Mitchell had the most handballs ever recorded in a season last year.
So it takes something petty extraordinary to get 110+ with a handball happy game.
Even Neale went at 35 touches a game in his best year.

JOM needs to kick more. He's a very good kick.

I disagree, Cogs would have to be a keeper if you are picking him and Redden would have to be a last minute trade out at his price. Dont see either in top 20 mids.
I think the only ones you can compare of those 4 is Armo and JOM. Price points are so different. Sure if Cogs was $320k odd he would be the highest picked player. I would rather save the 180k.
None of the 4 are keepers IMO so you have to decide why you are picking them. I have JOM as I think he will make me good cash while scoring aswell as any of the others. I will turn him into a super premo when the time comes. Could easily pick Armo for same reason but I am not sure he is relied upon at the saints as he once was. JOM will be top 3 mid at hawks.

I disagree, Cogs would have to be a keeper if you are picking him and Redden would have to be a last minute trade out at his price. Dont see either in top 20 mids.
I think the only ones you can compare of those 4 is Armo and JOM. Price points are so different. Sure if Cogs was $320k odd he would be the highest picked player. I would rather save the 180k.
None of the 4 are keepers IMO so you have to decide why you are picking them. I have JOM as I think he will make me good cash while scoring aswell as any of the others. I will turn him into a super premo when the time comes. Could easily pick Armo for same reason but I am not sure he is relied upon at the saints as he once was. JOM will be top 3 mid at hawks.
This.

She’s a super freak, super freak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You might be missing the point.
I'm taking 3 of the 4 in my midfield.
I'm midpriceman
Stop your encouragement please.

You might be missing the point.
I'm taking 3 of the 4 in my midfield.
I'm midpriceman
Stop your encouragement please.
I've got JOM at M6, if I wanted to have 2 of the 4 I'd have to cut one of Danger, Dusty, Kelly, Fyfe or Cripps and I can't see any point at all in doing that.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Oliver, Crouch and Mitchell had the most handballs ever recorded in a season last year.
So it takes something petty extraordinary to get 110+ with a handball happy game.

110 easy, contested ball, centre bounce attendances, pressure acts, tackles. theirs ur 110

At their price, cogs & Redden need to be keepers. If the average about 100 they aren't worth keeping, but will only make about To make decent coin they need to avg above 105 at which point, you'd probably keep them.

Yep, if JOM replicates his best, he should make about 160/170k by the bye rounds. If we get lucky and he throws in a spike match at the right time he could easily make 200

Yep, if JOM replicates his best, he should make about 160/170k by the bye rounds. If we get lucky and he throws in a spike match at the right time he could easily make 200
As part of team fine tuning, i'm now looking at fixtures & Byes ......had to choose between Dusty & Mitchell .....Hawthorn have a tough first 4 rounds

Hawthorn..........................Richmond
COLL ................................. CARL
GEEL ................................. BRIS
RICH ................................. MELB
MELB ................................. COLL

Hawthorn have the Favorable RND 12 Bye .....so i'll look to bring Mitchell in then, his price shouldn't move too much

Last edited:
At their price, cogs & Redden need to be keepers. If the average about 100 they aren't worth keeping, but will only make about To make decent coin they need to avg above 105 at which point, you'd probably keep them.
Correct .......100 can be achieved with a fair % of the top 20 mids

I'd suggest you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about considering you're referencing height as the key to your 'better mark and better forward' comment. Parker is in the top 3 mid/forwards in the AFL. Cripps is a better inside midfielder, but to suggest he's a better mark and forward is way off.

That's like me suggesting Goldstein is a better forward and mark than Martin because Goldstein is 14cm taller.

Parker IS doing it in SC though. Cripps COULD be a SC gun. Two very different appeals on both.

When you're not confident with your legs, you tend to handball .....Brad Crouch who has had a lot of hamstring issues handballs a lot ......but when he's played a sustained # games you can see his handball to kick ratio change & he breaks away from packs using leg-speed & kicks

As O'Mera gains confidence in his legs, likewise he'll start his trademark breakaway from packs & start delivering by foot

Think Parker's Bye puts off those starting Danger Fyfe Dusty. Then there's Heeney, Billings, Walters etc. I guess if you were planning on Picking up 1 of those other premo mids after the bye you could fit Parker in but Cripps has a great bye and agree with a lot of the above comments that with a full preseason he could go 110+. Docherty and Gibbs have left some points for the taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back