Opinion 2018 Non-Crows #4: You say Potato, I say Portato (Cont in Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Port making a late play for first dibs on SA talent in the draft
Port losing today has been fun but really not good for us. If we beat North tomorrow and then Carlton (no way anyone will believe us losing to them), and North lose to Saints (possible) and Poot lose to Bombers (quite possible), then ladder will be something like:

Melb (8th)
Poot
Ess
Adel
North

So if Poot manage to get North's r1 via Polec, that will be a frickin nightmare!

They make hard decisions without batting an eyelid; we struggle to make easy ones.
Good managers make hard decisions, but they do bat an eyelid. ;)

I don't know whether AFC have anyone in senior management capable of making a tough decision.

Port losing today has been fun but really not good for us. If we beat North tomorrow and then Carlton (no way anyone will believe us losing to them), and North lose to Saints (possible) and Poot lose to Bombers (quite possible), then ladder will be something like:

Melb (8th)
Poot
Ess
Adel
North

So if Poot manage to get North's r1 via Polec, that will be a frickin nightmare!
I don't think North will lose to the Saints. That said, I will actually be hoping we lose tomorrow. I don't expect us to because we don't have much ambition but, if other results go our way, it would be the best possible result.

I don't think North will lose to the Saints. That said, I will actually be hoping we lose tomorrow. I don't expect us to because we don't have much ambition but, if other results go our way, it would be the best possible result.
Even if North beats Saints, my above ladder predictor scenario still has:

Melb (8th)
North
Poot
Ess
Adel

and that's with Melb losing both their last 2 games they still end up 8th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if North beats Saints, my above ladder predictor scenario still has:

Melb (8th)
North
Poot
Ess
Adel

and that's with Melb losing both their last 2 games they still end up 8th.
Port will win next week, nothing surer. So Melbourne will need to win 1 to stay in, if North beat us tomorrow they'll be in

Interesting that some Port fans are complaining about the soft cap on the football department. Dont they realise it was brought in to assist clubs like theirs so that they aren't at a huge disadvantage to the big clubs.

Even without the soft cap Port wouldn't be sacking Hinkley, he still has 3 years left on a deal that pays him a million per season.

No way can Port afford to pay Hinkley a million a year to sit on the sidelines doing nothing.

Last edited:
Even without the soft cap Port would be sacking Hinkley, he still has 3 years left on a deal that pays him a million per season.

No way can Port afford to pay Hinkley a million a year to sit on the sidelines doing nothing.
The new contract hasn't even started yet. Now that is FUNNY !!!

Even without the soft cap Port would be sacking Hinkley, he still has 3 years left on a deal that pays him a million per season.

It's funny until you realise we have Chapman, Burton, Hass, Clarke and Campo stinking up the joint like a turd that refuses to flush.

Very interesting. She seems to have better knowledge than the Power coaches themselves.

To be fair, more switched on than Campo too.

Sydney dont change things much, mind you they dont need to

They develop excellent assistant
coaches.

They had be balls to go and get Buddy.

Lol sounds more like Ollie whinged to Maddie and she's tweeted it as her own thoughts. Think Kern has lost the players.
Going to be interesting as was meant to be their captain next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back