Opinion 2018 Non-Crows #4: You say Potato, I say Portato (Cont in Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From February 19

Port will fly out of the blocks IMO

Early season wins, possibly even the first Showdown. Lots of back-slapping, contracts extended for all, Koch weighing in with his opinions on all things football as self appointed statesman. Fans and club start giving advice to others sharing the secrets of their success. This thread is flooded.

Then a couple of close losses at home.

Cracks appear. They drop a game to a cellar dwellar away. Couple of the broken down recruits they brought in pick up injuries.

Wheels fall off.

Hilarity ensues.

Geelong impressed me with the way they fought back against us

We played some serious good football that day

Richmond may be a premiership side but they only best gws at home in the prelim and the granny was a fizzer and not a true contests for a number of reason.

They have a false sense of accomplishment

Geelong have pedigree and true firepower. Will do to Richmond what we were expecting to do
You gotta be a troll.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Making sure North don't drop below us by Saints beating North next week (if we beat North tomorrow).

Would think WC beat Bris next week (though maybe not necessarily if WC have top 2 sewn up) so if Saints beat North, Saints and Bris would swap table positions.

If you're talking about motivation, North has plenty to play for tomorrow. We have nothing to play for. I can easily see us losing, North have been better than us this year and remember Tasmania last year?

So Port let go 4 players such as Impey, Trengrove and Ah Chee.
Anybody got the stats on these players this year compared to their average career stats at Port?
Would be interesting reading considering how they were supposed rejects...?

I mentioned this scenario a few months ago... where the Pies upset Richmond in the 1st week forcing them to play away through Perth... & we know what Richmond's away from Melbourne record is like.
Only hope is a Vic team finishing 4th and knocking them off week one. Can't believe I'm praying for Collingwood or Hawthorn to win a qualifying final!

Screw giving Carlton & Suns a gazillion 1st round picks the way to make the competition more even would be to ban Clarkson from coaching...

The fact Hawks or Sydney make top 4 yet again just shows how important having the right people in the important roles of the footy club is, both teams are nowhere near the strength they were obviously and lost to bottom 4 teams, yet there they are. Admirable but oh so annoying.

So Port let go 4 players such as Impey, Trengrove and Ah Chee.
Anybody got the stats on these players this year compared to their average career stats at Port?
Would be interesting reading considering how they were supposed rejects...?

Kane said multiple times that Gimpey was the best talent on their list. He’s been ok for hawthorn without setting the world on fire.

To be fair, more switched on than Campo too.

They develop excellent assistant
coaches.

They had be balls to go and get Buddy.
They had COLA to get Buddy, and they've not really developed a coach have they ?? Hawthorn have though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back