2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I need to get my eyes tested...

Couple of really nice POD's in there with Zorko and Treloar the butcher.
Dislike the Lycette pick, to a lesser extent the McDonald pick
Sorry about that;).

L Mac had a stinker of a JLT, but I've got to have a little bit of club bias, especially considering his 2017 season, where he showed considerable improvement.

I'll have to downgrade my more expensive rookies and find a decent 2nd ruck somewhere, as well as bolster the forward line a tad.

Looks good. Roberton and Treloar are nice picks.
My concerns would be on the North boys - as a North fan are you confident in LDU/Ahern job security and scoring ability? I think a lot have been put off by pre-season form but were highly picked previously, so are both POD rookies in a way at the moment.

Knowing Scott, LDU could play like a complete pile of poo and he'll still get a game every week

Defenders: Laird, Hibberd, Simpson, Lloyd, McDonald, Coffield
Doedee, Murphy

Mids: Martin, Mitchell, J Kelly, Merrett, Coniglio, Dow, LDU, Brodie
T Kelly, Barry, Holman

Rucks: Gawn, Lycett
Amartey

Forwards: Henry, Greene, Smith, Stephenson, Venebles, Fritsch
Ahern, Ryan

100k left over to swap Mitchell to Danger.

Last edited:
Defenders: Laird, Hibberd, Simpson, Lloyd, McDonald, Coffield
Doedee, Murphy

Mids: Martin, Mitchell, J Kelly, Merrett, Coniglio, Dow, LDU, Brodie
T Kelly, Barry, Holman

Rucks: Gawn, Lucet
Amartey

Forwards: Henry, Greene, Smith, Stephenson, Venebles, Fritsch
Ahern, Ryan

100k left over to swap Mitchell to Danger.

Not really a fan of Simpson but that's just me personally

I think Brayshaw will score better than Dow, LDU and Brodie for around the same price. LDU possibly the worst of those 4.

Lycett looks a bit shaky

I think your forwards don't bat deep enough. Initially I wanted to invest as little as possible in the forwards but since the forward rookies haven't really stood up and are looking a little thin, I've had to change my thinking.

Cheers,

LDU I am more skeptical about due to the price tag more than anything.

Ahern wasn't picked in JLT due to hammie soreness, so I will have to reassess both players for now and check a few rounds if I have underperforming players/injuries. I am more confident in Ahern scoring than LDU, mainly because Ahern will be playing off half-back where he can get easy uncontested ball, plus he's a bit older and stronger in the upper body, while LDU will be coping attention in the midfield and resting up forward.

Nice thanks for the tip!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me what you think crew, believe it or not I'm actually pretty happy witht the Gablett choice, he was going along just nicely before his little hammy hiccup and he is SOG after all.
View attachment 469625

Yeo
Gablett
Dawson
Gray
Starlow

The balls are strong in this one

Completely changed up my strategy. Going to stick clear of 300k players. As in the past they have just let me down. Based on JLT form, trying to get some nice POD players in there.
This team is a 90% lock.
Comments appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_4444.PNG
    IMG_4444.PNG
    150.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4446.PNG
    IMG_4446.PNG
    140.1 KB · Views: 13
Yeah nah fair chance Mickey B will be swapped out at some stage in the next 8 days. Thought about maybe Mitch Wallis instead. Happy enough to wait the week for Robbie to get back I'd only be trading himin later.

Starlow to mclean?

DangerLESS if not named RD 1: $100k remaining.
Plan to get Danger in is Selwood -> Danger when his price drops a bit.

Not changing until RD 1 teams. I mean it this time lol.
giphy.gif

Don’t mind it. It’s quite different to other teams which could be a good thing.. or bad

I like the Daniher pick although I’m not a fan of Tuohy this year.

My teams officially locked after I’ve turned it upside down due to the Danger injury. Pending the teams of course.

I’ll swing Sicily back eventually when I get a better read on who the top forwards will be. Lycett the obvious weakness but I’m hoping he can scrape an 80 avg until I trade him out.

176k in kitty to get Danger back in.

B07C60A5-4778-4CD7-B136-161BCDC6822E.jpeg
CDDA39EC-D64E-4275-9450-24EA31F928E1.jpeg

Anyone taking a midpricer (ala Conigs, Libba, Arma, O'Meara) with the intention to run with them until R5-6 and flip to Danger once presumably healthy? You'd want the midpricer to increase by 100k and Danger to drop 50-100k to make it worth it...
Thinking of doin this...
Can't start Danger with an injury cloud.
I know it's Danger and we could trade him to anyone, but want to focus on healthy guns running around in my team. Even if named round 1...could be a late out just to **** with us.
Not how you want to start a season.

Cogs the likely stone used to get him after he gets up and runnin.
May take a while, but thats the plan.
You'd think he may get eased in and could drop a tad in price..hope so!

Or he could go bang a **** everything up and I'm done for the year.
It'll be a last second call if he's named rnd1.

Not really keen on Cox but it gives me ruck backup especially now I'm convinced Cameron won't get many games.

Can anyone suggest an alternative combo to Caddy and Merrett I could consider that costs less than $1,040,600.

upload_2018-3-14_18-30-32.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back