List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When will you know about Gaff telling Saints he's coming? :drunk:

Reckon with Gaff's dad having a serious health scare he's a certainty to come home. Shit like that makes being close to family so much more of a focus.

Pity it won't be to us

In that case, see you later Luke.

No one is bigger than the club. Especially VFL standard players.
That was my first sentiment as well, VDS66, but I'm told he'll take Blacres with him. Throw in the restlessness I'm aware of in Billings and Ross and we're heading to a cliff. We've gone to great lengths to lure talent to the club of late. Our retention has been exemplary. Until now. I fear we may lose a few. As The saying goes, "To lose one officer in battle is a tragedy. To lose two is careless."

That was my first sentiment as well, VDS66, but I'm told he'll take Blacres with him. Throw in the restlessness I'm aware of in Billings and Ross and we're heading to a cliff. We've gone to great lengths to lure talent to the club of late. Our retention has been exemplary. Until now. I fear we may lose a few. As The saying goes, "To lose one officer in battle is a tragedy. To lose two is careless."
So will they both be traded to the one team?

With respect, if that's how weak some players are then see ya.

If Blake is that simple that he'd follow Dunstan, then lol. Does he not have a mind if his own?
Sometimes it has nothing to do with personal weakness or intelligence. Sometimes it's all about how shyte your boss is. Ever had a bad one, VDS66? One of the worst things that can happen to you. It can make life unbearable, especially if you are intelligent yourself. Given TMBK's performance, I'm on the player's side in this instance. Even Roo and Joey just more than hinted about the parlous state of our club and that includes the coaches.

Sometimes it has nothing to do with personal weakness or intelligence. Sometimes it's all about how shyte your boss is. Ever had a bad one, VDS66? One of the worst things that can happen to you. It can make life unbearable, especially if you are intelligent yourself. Given TMBK's performance, I'm on the player's side in this instance. Even Roo and Joey just more than hinted about the parlous state of our club and that includes the coaches.
to be fair the more i look at it the more i get the feeling that there was never going to be a coach to replace Ross Lyon in the eyes of the guys like Roo, Joey, Dal, BJ, Hayes, Kosi..... any coach coming in after Ross was going to be up against it to get the same buy in that Ross had the fact we followed Ross up with Watters made that even harder

Andy Maher dedicated a whole afternoon of radio to Carlton after they won their first game for the year. What a shock that he's suggesting they should get Pick 3 as a priority pick in the draft.

Man's a ****ing clueless gimp, even the AFL won't be that stupid to give them a start of 1st round PP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to be fair the more i look at it the more i get the feeling that there was never going to be a coach to replace Ross Lyon in the eyes of the guys like Roo, Joey, Dal, BJ, Hayes, Kosi..... any coach coming in after Ross was going to be up against it to get the same buy in that Ross had the fact we followed Ross up with Watters made that even harder
That's because he was a good coach. He wasn't the best, but he was good and competent. I had this conversation this afternoon with another rusted on. Surely there are more Lyons out there. Of course there are. You just have to look, due your due diligence and not be lazy losers like our last two boards have been. Bassett should have a clue. Or so you'd hope.

Last edited:
Maher is totally clueless. He really wouldn’t know and adds no value to any discussion about football.

What happens if Gold Coast beat Brisbane? It could happen. There is no way those two clubs will get an additional early 1st RDP, there would be outrage if that happened.

He’s just wearing his biased Carlton hat as he always does.

Talking about it on 3aw tonight.

AFL thinking about a priority pick for Blues and GC right after their first picks, plus the Tom Lynch compensation, leaving us at around 6 or 7.

I would be ropeable if this happens. I don’t care if they each get one at the end of the first round, but we were screwed by the compromised drafts and now this. We need strong leadership now more than ever.

I will be so close to giving this game away if this happens.

2g1det.jpg

Attachments

• 2g1det.jpg
    2g1det.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 6
Ross signed a long term contract last year going no where, if this is even close to the truth The players need to toughen the #### up or #### off

Would the “comprehensive review” include talking to the players?
Would they know how the players feel? One would certainly hope so.

Whether the club is bigger than the player or not, losing a few of those mentioned together, instead of the coach, would be the final straw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back