List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have been watching a different kid, as that is a very poor & almost insulting description of him. In his first ever NEAFL game, Setterfield looked far too good for that level - 33 disposals

From 7 NEAFL games in his first year last year, he had 30+ Disposals in 3 games, including one game of 31 disposals & 18 tackles. He did an ankle badly in another & missed 10 weeks

He was knocked out in his 2nd AFL game.

I was probably harsh but NEAFL footy is a lesser standard than some suburban leagues. I take absolutely nothing from players form in NEAFL.

Signed him at 10:23 this morning.

Only cost us this year’s first, next year’s first, Steven and Gresham.

Have since on-traded him to Hawthorn for Ryan Shoenmakers and their 5th Round pick

#werebackintownbaby

giphy.gif

His manager on trade radio just said wingard is undecided if he wants to stay. Robbo fake news.
Wingard suits port. If he left I think he'd suit Essendon, would probably get along great with Stringer.
Sorry I don't have much more to add than that so far this trade period. Except that I'm starting to feel pretty happy that we're getting Hanners and Kent.
As for Shiel. He's a bit like Newnes (wait for it)....in that they both somehow seem to look a lot better players than I think they really are. One difference is that Shiel's actually a very good player. Hope we get him. Wonder if there'll be enough sports tape to keep Hanners, Dunstan, Armo and Shiel together all season.

Why wouldn't he though.. Mitchell in tight extracting 40 x a game to him.

Clarko as coach. Immediate finals team. Same money as currently on playing in front of crowds 5 x the size...

Shiel can't be leaving to go to a club with better players around him. Leaving Jelly, Coniglio, Ward, Whitfield, Scully, Taranto, Hopper and others at GWS to be in a 'better' midfield doesn't make sense. We could possibly argue he wants to benefit from the Clarkson touch. But a move now is most probably all about money, love, or a blend of the two. That's the reason I tend to believe that Carlton is in the box seat.

If Carlton pay too much in terms of draft picks AND fail to get their football department right this offseason, the Shiel trade could resemble the Judd trade all over again. If the Blues fail to improve on the park, it will still be a tough place to ply your trade. Bolton will be under enormous pressure and most coaches and players will be performing with a high degree of self-preservation.

I was probably harsh but NEAFL footy is a lesser standard than some suburban leagues. I take absolutely nothing from players form in NEAFL.
I only do when relevant to their age & game style. You could tell Steele would make it as he works both ways, which is why’s setters will also make it. 31 & 18 tackles is ridiculous. Kid just needs a crack at it healthy & injury free

I only do when relevant to their age & game style. You could tell Steele would make it as he works both ways, which is why’s setters will also make it. 31 & 18 tackles is ridiculous. Kid just needs a crack at it healthy & injury free

Agree there, I really like him. Unfortunately he looks to be another we are currently the bridesmaid to. Our poor year could potentially cost us this off season.

Agree there, I really like him. Unfortunately he looks to be another we are currently the bridesmaid to. Our poor year could potentially cost us this off season.
I have no doubts it will. Hopefully the rejigging of the assistant coaches, namely getting Ratts, will sway a few given the Clarko influenced 6-peat that occurred on Saturday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dal Santo said earlier on trade radio that Sydney are paying part of his contract.

About 1/4.
It’s probably too much to pay him but when a player with his resume agrees to join you after winning 4 games you just get it done. We need to start showing we can actually attract good players too.

We’ve been on the nose for nearly 2 decades

I reckon 24 months ago we looked okay apart from the Seaford issue. Carlisle, Steele & Bruce all had other clubs after them. Membrey & Robbo probably not but I’m sure there are others. Now the word is that player managers are telling their clients to avoid us.

I reckon 24 months ago we looked okay apart from the Seaford issue. Carlisle, Steele & Bruce all had other clubs after them. Membrey & Robbo probably not but I’m sure there are others. Now the word is that player managers are telling their clients to avoid us.

Moorabbin has made a massive difference in our appeal. If we were still at Seaford we don’t get Carlisle and Hannebery. I think managers are more open to us than 12 months ago but 4 wins and question marks over your coach just kills you when you’re a minnow.

Dal Santo said earlier on trade radio that Sydney are paying part of his contract.

Not at all. They’ll pretty much give him to us for nothing then - that’s a win to us

yeah mcclure was adamant it was 800k. dal said he'd be surprised and that sydney would have to be paying some of that. mcclure said clubs dont do that anymore and the contract is re-written. but he seemed very confident that he will be on 800k a year. it ended in dal saying he'd be worth 800k a year if he can implement the sydney culture on the younger players.

i do not like the trade if its a future 2nd and 800k a year

yeah mcclure was adamant it was 800k. dal said he'd be surprised and that sydney would have to be paying some of that. mcclure said clubs dont do that anymore and the contract is re-written. but he seemed very confident that he will be on 800k a year. it ended in dal saying he'd be worth 800k a year if he can implement the sydney culture on the younger players.

Again what’s the big deal? We have to pay our cap. Who else can we land or pay? If he gets his body right your laughing.

If we’re paying Hanners 800k I really couldn’t care less cos it ain’t coming out of my pocket. The club is currently paying spuds overs to meet minimum cap requirements who gives a rats if Hanners gets good coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back