List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you want to play Paddy instead of Bruce ?
Because I think Paddy, Battle and Membrey all compliment each other really well. Paddy as that deep, marking forward with Battle and Membrey running up the field and linking with the backline.

And realistically, Bruce would be selected ahead of Battle not Paddy. I want to see Battle playing because he has the ability to be our best key forward. That kid will be a star.

I think Paddy is more talented than Bruce, but some disagree.

I can't see any club wanting Paddy right now, so we wouldnt get a return on our investment in trading him. I can see him returning to Geelong once Hawkins retires but thats a few years away and they couldnt play them both in the same forward line.
I think your guessing about him wanting to return to Geelong and anyway , he may not even be on our list in a few years unless he can get himself right and fit

Why? He is already contracted for that. You think he is going to take a pay cut to play with us?

thats what i assumed would happen too. but apparently not.

for me he either takes a pay cut and we part with a 2nd or he comes on the massive salary and we use a later pick

Because I think Paddy, Battle and Membrey all compliment each other really well. Paddy as that deep, marking forward with Battle and Membrey running up the field and linking with the backline.

And realistically, Bruce would be selected ahead of Battle not Paddy. I want to see Battle playing because he has the ability to be our best key forward. That kid will be a star.
Oh , so you don't want Three mobile forwards who can run , im glad that's only your opinion

I reckon 24 months ago we looked okay apart from the Seaford issue. Carlisle, Steele & Bruce all had other clubs after them. Membrey & Robbo probably not but I’m sure there are others. Now the word is that player managers are telling their clients to avoid us.
I find that very hard to believe. Managers are leach’s and they get a thing called commission. Some of their players wouldn’t even get a contract elsewhere. Most would prob have a player at the saints already so they’re generally not gonna tell some of their clients one thing and their other ones something completely different. They’re gonna follow the cash $$$ and long term contracts. That’s what puts a brand new bmw in the driveway not team success.

We dont need to use Pick4 on M.King anymore cause we got BIGGY.
Played a blinder in the Curtain Raiser apparently.
Did you see the game or did anyone else , id love to hear their thoughts on him , i know he is only young so he has time on his side and lets hope the saints have him down the club and start getting some work into him

I find that very hard to believe. Managers are leach’s and they get a thing called commission. Some of their players wouldn’t even get a contract elsewhere. Most would prob have a player at the saints already so they’re generally not gonna tell some of their clients one thing and their other ones something completely different. They’re gonna follow the cash $$$ and long term contracts. That’s what puts a brand new bmw in the driveway not team success.
Only dont go the BMW option , they cost a fortune to service

2 poor AFL games and 7 average NEAFL games in 2 years plus a blown knee. What do you think he’d be worth?
I watched him play vs NT I believe and he was outstanding. Dont worry, Setters is a star...best comparison is to Sydneys Josh Kennedy IMO. The type of player you can build a midfield around.

thats what i assumed would happen too. but apparently not.

for me he either takes a pay cut and we part with a 2nd or he comes on the massive salary and we use a later pick

Dal thinks both clubs are paying for the salary where Sam Mclure thinks we are probably paying. Im not sure they mentioned a figure. Its a new contract whatever happens.

When was Battle ever selected before Paddy this year? Thats right, he wasn't.

Our current pecking order is Membrey, Bruce, McCartin, Battle, Marshall.
This season we had to select Paddy as Bruce was injured , Both fit and Bruce is in front of him every day of the week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The knock on battle was he turned like an aircraft carrier, I really haven’t seen much to suggest that was rubbish.

So you pair him with paddy and I don’t find that very attractive at all, personally I hope paddy kills it but I’m becoming a doubter.

The young bloke seems to have trouble protecting himself with his approach and his concussion history has to be of concern given the games hes missed and Stevens retirement.

Bruce, battle and membrey all have big engines I’d like to see that combination given a chance.

Dal thinks both clubs are paying for the salary where Sam Mclure thinks we are probably paying. Im not sure they mentioned a figure. Its a new contract whatever happens.

got summarisation, however McClure mentioned the 800k figure. dal suggested 600k with sydney making up the difference.

got summarisation, however McClure mentioned the 800k figure. dal suggested 600k with sydney making up the difference.

Heard the who thing but must have missed that part. Was working though. Anyway the figure is of little consequence because we will just pay up front if we are worried about the SC but from the sounds of it the SC wont be an issue again next season.

Did you see the game or did anyone else , id love to hear their thoughts on him , i know he is only young so he has time on his side and lets hope the saints have him down the club and start getting some work into him
Na just read the write up on Saints website.
Its not scheduled to be replayed on Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back