List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We won’t be worse next year. There’s no way 80% of the list will have another shit year like they did this year. Some solid inclusions over the trade & draft period will see our list improve.

And then there’s adding Ratten. He made the finals in 3 out of his 5 years as head coach at Carlton & has made finals 5 out of 6 years at Hawthorn with 3 flags...

I honestly cannot see us getting worse. There’s no way that happens IMHO

its not a matter of being worse. we are bottom of the barrel now, getting worse won't happen as there's no where to go.

its a matter of not making finals. that's whats going to affect the trade period.

its not a matter of being worse. we are bottom of the barrel now, getting worse won't happen as there's no where to go.

its a matter of not making finals. that's whats going to affect the trade period.
I wouldn’t say it’s a matter of not making finals. Look at North and all of their incoming players, they didn’t make finals.

It’s about looking competitive enough to have a shot at finals.

jacob townsend meeting with the club this week. NOW THAT I LIKE!

So you like a player who would be at his third club but not Shiel who is an in and outside runner. Townsend is an average footballer who came good when it mattered for the Tigers last year and again doesn't address the real needs of the club.

I wouldn’t say it’s a matter of not making finals. Look at North and all of their incoming players, they didn’t make finals.

It’s about looking competitive enough to have a shot at finals.

the roos aint sacking their coach

we don't make finals next year, richo is gone. no free agent or elite out of contract players is coming to a club that hasnt played finals in 8 full seasons, who just sacked their coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you like a player who would be at his third club but not Shiel who is an in and outside runner. Townsend is an average footballer who came good when it mattered for the Tigers last year and again doesn't address the rule needs of the club.

bit difference townsend isnt being offered over a million a season for 6 years at the age of 26 next year.

the way i view townsend is similar to how i view koby stevens when we got him. its depth with a view of strengthening the list. he's fit. he clearly can play very good football.

the roos aint sacking their coach

we don't make finals next year, richo is gone. no free agent or elite out of contract players is coming to a club that hasnt played finals in 8 full seasons, who just sacked their coach.

So Richo is sacked if we win 12 games and finish 9th. Im going with no for the exact reason you stated later on.

bit difference townsend isnt being offered over a million a season for 6 years at the age of 26 next year.

the way i view townsend is similar to how i view koby stevens when we got him. its depth with a view of strengthening the list. he's fit. he clearly can play very good football.

He can clearly play bad footy as well. We have heaps in the cap. Money is not an issue. We need the right sort of players. Shiel is that but we have missed out. Townsend is not that so we will most likely get him. We will have 30 players on our list rated 20 to 30 at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back