List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given there is a service station 200m down the road at the end of Linton St, this is rubbish if the highest order. They also have coke on post mix in the gaming room bar.. another pile of rubbish. Shall I find more reasons to pick this apart?
Nah but funny the nuffies at SS would believe it

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Given there is a service station 200m down the road at the end of Linton St, this is rubbish if the highest order. They also have coke on post mix in the gaming room bar.. another pile of rubbish. Shall I find more reasons to pick this apart?
Er, not that sort of Coke :$

Thought exactly that myself...could not be bothered to post it because it is obviously BS. Lethlean getting lost...seriously.

This has to be a load of shit, you owe me a beer for having to be knee deep in shit sifting through SS garbage ;)

Apparently at the presentation Lethlean offered Shiel a drink, "tea, water, anything you want Dylan, we've got it!"

Anyway Dylan asked for a coke, but they didn't have any and all the staff had gone off on break, so Lethlean ducks off to 7-11 to grab some but got lost and couldn't find his way back to Moorabbin for ages (left his phone in the meeting room).

Anyway they left Shiel with this intern who got all starstruck and awkwardly asked Dylan to sign his Saints membership 2017 hat. It was a really awkward moment but Dylan obliged, but then the intern says he'll get the papers for him to sign then as well, it was meant to be a joke but it bombed.

So by the time Lethlean got back Dylan had left! Rooey arrives just at that moment having been given the wrong starting time for the meeting!

Absolute shambles.

As if Lethers wouldn't know where to get some coke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone listening to Trade Radio must love listening to advertisers, all I will say.
Hutchy & Purple are germs just click bait .
As for having Boomer & Scoop McClure my god trade experts, combined with Terry Wallace
the list manager who has never ever done it , but claims to be an expert and gave himself the
title.

Give me a break .

Just in passing everyone congratulating North Melbourne really ? How many games have they
won in 2019..lots of holes in the backline for mine as well.

Nick Dal Santo though is a pleasure to listen to. He is a star on the rise.

On current output, I would take Kelly, Coniglio, Whitfield, Ward, Greene, Cameron, Haynes or Williams over Shiel. No wonder GWS' cap is tight.

It is easy to get seduced by "outside" players like Gaff and Shiel because they often have the ball in space. Less immediate pressure, time to carry the ball and dispose of it - yes they position themselves well, but they are nothing without players who can win the ball, particularly in disadvantaged and contested situations.

WC won a flag without Gaff and won't match any of the offers for him. I think they would be far more concerned with retaining Shuey, Redden, Yeo and Sheed who are all ball-winners. Hardly the flashiest big-name midfield, but very effective.

Players like Oliver (55% of possessions contested this year), Sloane (59%), Dangerfield (53%), Cripps (60%), Fyfe (55%), Cunnington (60%), Heeney (50%), Martin (46%) etc. who can consistently win the footy are the rare commodities who deserve the silly $1m+ money. Not outside runners like Shiel (35%) and Gaff (28%) unless they possess elite skills - of which neither do.

Contested ball winers are also the hardest to acquire. Dangerfield had the go-home factor, Yeo wanted out, Beams left for family. The only ones I can think of who left for money were Tom Mitchell, Taylor Adams, Jarryd Lyons, and Neale (??). There is a reason why clubs plan heavily around retaining these players, yet will entertain trades / not match offers for Gaff, Shiel, Polec etc.

Not a single St Kilda player averaged >20 possessions at over 45% contested this year; there are 36 players in the comp who fit this criteria. Every other club has at least one.

Dunstan is the closest (44%) and he can't get a game / might be traded; followed by Steele (43%), Acres (41%) and Steven (37%). The sad reality is we have a bunch of players who are halfway between inside/outside (e.g. Ross 32% contested but not damaging), so we end up losing the contest and losing on the spread.

Contrary to popular belief, I believe that we need inside mids far more than we need outside mids. Unfortunately unless something extremely surprising happens, it looks like slim pickings: Liberatore, B Crouch, Lyons, CEY, J Martin?

If it was up to me... Pass on Shiel. Pass on Gaff. Pass on Hannebery (36%) - maybe too late. Front load some contracts, draft Bailey Smith, trade Ross (+others?) while he has currency to the GC for Lyons (OOC) + pick in 15-25 range. Hire a fisherman (Gubby Allan?) to make some godfather offers with the extra cap space next year (e.g. Bontempelli, Kelly out of contract, Heeney?). Get Libba for nothing, worth a punt. Bring in a new coach, clean out some list spots. Treat 2019 as a development year, "play the kids", aim to win 5+ games in the second half of the season. Suddenly 2020 looks a lot better (at least compared to being stuck spending all our salary cap on Dylan ****ing Shiel for the foreseeable future).

Either this new Saints Whisperer is playing the long game, or is definitely not The Trade Whisperer on Twitter- he’s said he thinks Shiel remains at GWS next year, but we are still a huge chance.

Who TF knows.

On current output, I would take Kelly, Coniglio, Whitfield, Ward, Greene, Cameron, Haynes or Williams over Shiel. No wonder GWS' cap is tight.

It is easy to get seduced by "outside" players like Gaff and Shiel because they often have the ball in space. Less immediate pressure, time to carry the ball and dispose of it - yes they position themselves well, but they are nothing without players who can win the ball, particularly in disadvantaged and contested situations.

WC won a flag without Gaff and won't match any of the offers for him. I think they would be far more concerned with retaining Shuey, Redden, Yeo and Sheed who are all ball-winners. Hardly the flashiest big-name midfield, but very effective.

Players like Oliver (55% of possessions contested this year), Sloane (59%), Dangerfield (53%), Cripps (60%), Fyfe (55%), Cunnington (60%), Heeney (50%), Martin (46%) etc. who can consistently win the footy are the rare commodities who deserve the silly $1m+ money. Not outside runners like Shiel (35%) and Gaff (28%) unless they possess elite skills - of which neither do.

Contested ball winers are also the hardest to acquire. Dangerfield had the go-home factor, Yeo wanted out, Beams left for family. The only ones I can think of who left for money were Tom Mitchell, Taylor Adams, Jarryd Lyons, and Neale (??). There is a reason why clubs plan heavily around retaining these players, yet will entertain trades / not match offers for Gaff, Shiel, Polec etc.

Not a single St Kilda player averaged >20 possessions at over 45% contested this year; there are 36 players in the comp who fit this criteria. Every other club has at least one.

Dunstan is the closest (44%) and he can't get a game / might be traded; followed by Steele (43%), Acres (41%) and Steven (37%). The sad reality is we have a bunch of players who are halfway between inside/outside (e.g. Ross 32% contested but not damaging), so we end up losing the contest and losing on the spread.

Contrary to popular belief, I believe that we need inside mids far more than we need outside mids. Unfortunately unless something extremely surprising happens, it looks like slim pickings: Liberatore, B Crouch, Lyons, CEY, J Martin?

If it was up to me... Pass on Shiel. Pass on Gaff. Pass on Hannebery (36%) - maybe too late. Front load some contracts, draft Bailey Smith, trade Ross (+others?) while he has currency to the GC for Lyons (OOC) + pick in 15-25 range. Hire a fisherman (Gubby Allan?) to make some godfather offers with the extra cap space next year (e.g. Bontempelli, Kelly out of contract, Heeney?). Get Libba for nothing, worth a punt. Bring in a new coach, clean out some list spots. Treat 2019 as a development year, "play the kids", aim to win 5+ games in the second half of the season. Suddenly 2020 looks a lot better (at least compared to being stuck spending all our salary cap on Dylan ****ing Shiel for the foreseeable future).

And lose our best player in 2020. Luckily the club are making efforts to get very good players because losing Ross for Lyons is laughable. By the way wce aren’t matching gaff because their salary cap won’t let them. Same with Shiel and port don’t think Polec is worth what north are paying.

A lot of info but both Shiel & Hannebery spread very well. That’s a positive & will help us remarkably next year if we were to get both. And there is only so much contested ball to win, move Shiel into our midfield & he’s probably go at a 1CP:1UP ratio.

A gun player is considering moving to us & we’re trying to find reasons not to take him. Baffles me. Shiel & Hanners makes our midfield unbelievably more competitive next year. No brainer - get him in

Never said you were banned but I will make sure if you come back to have the box with Lonie and the money confetti ready :thumbsu:
I have no idea what you are on about, but rest assured I won't ever go back to that cesspit

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nick is terrible,constantly makes a fool of himself,still keeps quoting westaway rather than summers as our last president and then calls dom tyson an outside mid rather than an inside which a caller picked him up on,but thats one of many...
To be fair, Dom Tyson was used as an outside mid pretty much all year, so Nick is spot on there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back