List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true he's a competitor and a hard worker!
As for the leadership? hmmm....He kinda does in his own way!

Many would ask though is he being...
Wasted or
Protected?
Love him or hate Geary , he is one of the elite trainers in the team.
He has a place in the team and it is as a lockdown defender - Richardson had him as a free running halfback at times last year / bad move , his disposal just is not up to it.
So he has a place in the team , however I feel the captain should be Steven or Ross and bring Steele into the leadership group.

Absolute fake tough guy. Bloke won't stick his head over the pill. Glad someone else see's that. One of the worst players I've seen at this club.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Kent coming into the team has moved Weller out of the team , I feel even Kent will have to prove himself as well because kids like Long , Paton , Phillips may be a bit better.

I reckon we are getting Hanners and Kent, no one else. Maybe some matured age rookie.

No other players going to come to saints. We have $$$ but no players wants to come to us.

Look at Essendon, even after this drug saga, players are willing to go to them. I know they were in finals but even we were close to finals in 2017.

I am trying to stay positive but i don't think Hanners and Kent will make much difference. We need outside run in midfield.
We will get another player come to us during the Trade Period.
They will use some of the TPP money somehow.

We are doing ok , our result this year was shocking but we put some games into the kids.
We should see improvement from a lot of the younger guys in the team next year knowing what to expect , just guys like Phillips , Long , Marshall , Austin , White , McCartin , Battle are now turning into men after a few preseasons pumped into them.
and guys like Acres , Billings , Gresham and Steele a really ready to take the game on.
I don't know if Hannebery will get back to his best , however he should help develop Hunter , Coffield and Paton.

Even if we don't get our big fish , we should be getting another talented kid into the team and with good seasons from Steven , Carlisle , Ross , Webster , Membery , Roberton , Bruce , Acres , Billings , Gresham , Steele and Hannebery we will be winning more games than using while our kids are developing.
Rankine or M.King
Hunter
Coffield
Paton
Battle
Love your positive vibe Premium { Dude ] Sorry i couldn't help myself!.....:oops:
But my hazy early morning brain is telling me you have elevated our Private Paton
rather quick don't you think?....Obviously got high hopes. and i'm a Hoper if not a Hopeless!

So if we don’t get a AAA grader this year, I suppose we load up and do it all again next year.
If Hannerbrey can lead our future young guns, it would not surprise me to see us quickly rise up the ladder, providing players are played in their rightful positions. Everyone during the year was raving about Coffield out of our draftees, but I reckon after watching Hunter Clark in the middle (when given the opportunity) he has an exceptional football brain and I will go out on a limb now and say he is going to be our next super star.

So if we don’t get a AAA grader this year, I suppose we load up and do it all again next year.
If Hannerbrey can lead our future young guns, it would not surprise me to see us quickly rise up the ladder, providing players are played in their rightful positions. Everyone during the year was raving about Coffield out of our draftees, but I reckon after watching Hunter Clark in the middle (when given the opportunity) he has an exceptional football brain and I will go out on a limb now and say he is going to be our next super star.
Gresh is our next.

Possibilities before Clark and Coffield:
Steele
Billings
Ross
....daylight.....
Long...?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think that’s the idea. There’s always a few each year to go hard at. Kelly next year for starts. We just need a better year on field and show something..

We will just have less TPP to work with next year as we have to pay more of the cap.. we heated ourselves for a FA last year and this year. Doesn’t look to have worked for obvious reasons.

Cannot believe the crap geary gets on here. People need a scapegoat so let’s blane him. Not look at the real reasons. Drafting. And then that puts pressure on coaches. Yep it starts at drafting. On their own the players seem ok but as tram we have to many similar types which means others can’t be tried in certain positions.

I suppose this the trade thread so we should at least be happy with what we are trying to do. I like it. Very important because I have no doubt we will lose players at the end of next year if we don’t show them we are doing everything possible to improve. And that includes overpaying. Other players don’t give a stuff about that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the geary “bashing” I don’t think there’s many of us that are arguing he’s not a hard worker, a great clubman and plays with enourmous heart.
He’s the best option we’ve got, and that’s the problem.
Yep so that’s fine but no need to get personal

Dale Thomas finished top 5 of Carlton's B&F, 85 year old Kade Simpson finished second.

Yet, Blues have a better list than us, lol, cmon Dyl - you're better than that rabble.

John Nicholls finishing 7th set off alarm bells for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back