List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should concentrate our effort in getting someone else.

This has become a yearly event - we offer lots of $$$ to a player but he either stays at the same club or signs up with other club on less $$$.

We wont become a destination club unless we start playing better and change our structure.
Footscray, Richmond and now West Coast all won through internal development. Invest time/money/resources in plater development and coaching and all will prevail.

People look at past drafts and say 'how could you have done/missed that?' Tambling/Bont etc But never consider that same player in different environment could flourish/tank.

Good article here points to the collingwood transformation in game plan after their off field review much like Richmonds earlier.

With SL at the helm and new assistants etc. I'm confident we'll make a swift turnaround.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...lay-the-sustainable-game-20180428-p4zc8e.html
No relevance what so ever - there's nothing to learn from other clubs - apparently our situation is completely and utterly different to Richmond or Collingwood's.

Geary carried us in multiple games last year? In a 4 win season
Lol I've heard it all!

Mate Geary wouldn't get a game at 16 other clubs
In many games he was in our best handful of players. Like I said, he's not a star but he's still one of our better players. I think most clubs would love to have him. The issue for us is the fact that he is one of our best, which shows how few top-line players we have. Which is why we're obviously targeting the likes of Hannebery and Shiel.

Look I don't love Geary as a player or anything but just think he cops it unfairly when a) he gives everything b) he actually does a pretty good job 90% of the time. I mean people go on about Acres as the second coming but at this stage Geary is twice the player Acres is - hopefully Blake can improve but it's just an example of how our better players seem to cop it while others get heralded. Seb actually seems to cop it too when he's one of our best three players.

I don't think it matters what game plan we try, until we can increase our overall footskills we'll be behind most clubs... we carry far too many poor kicks each week, sometimes half the team are awful kicks when we can only really afford to have a couple of blokes that are elite at something else but might be ordinary kicks.

Geary, brown, Mckenzie, newnes, Gilbert, Steven, Steele, dunstan, Weller, longer, Bruce, hickey, Marshall - I wouldn't trust any of those guys to switch the ball through congestion to create play.
Screenshot_2018-10-06-11-56-01.png

I hope Shiel goes elsewhere don’t really care where.

If we get Shiel this year we won’t be making a play for Kelly .

I know everyone says he will go to North but we should be able to make a huge offer. You never know what might happen.

Much better player than Shiel.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ok i 100% agree Kelly is a better player.
But if Sheil agrees to come to Stkilda next yr we would be crazy to knock back a definate chance of getting a seriously good player cause we perhaps MIGHT get a better player the following yr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok i 100% agree Kelly is a better player.
But if Sheil agrees to come to Stkilda next yr we would be crazy to knock back a definate chance of getting a seriously good player cause we perhaps MIGHT get a better player the following yr.
Chance of getting Shiel - 25%.
Chance of getting Kelly next year - 1%

Just play the odds please. Neither are likely, but at least give it our best shot.

No relevance what so ever - there's nothing to learn from other clubs - apparently our situation is completely and utterly different to Richmond or Collingwood's.
There is no one game plan. The only game plan that is bound to fail is the one that copies those before. Let's get whatever we can in trade period and develop our own style, see if it stands up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back