I’m still dreaming of this team:

Geary Austin Roberton
Webster Carlisle Coffield
Shiel Ross Hannebery
Billings Bruce Membrey
Gresham Marshall Lonie
Hickey Steele Steven

Acres Kent Clarke Sinclair

Amon might be there too but I couldn’t give a rats if we get him or not. Or a different ruck which seems likely.

Long is best 22 one way or another. He played a very average game in the VFL coming off injury and got elevated straight away. That told me he’s here to stay.
Only player with genuine defensive instincts in the forward half and he is tough in a team of pretty boys. Needs to develop greater scoreboard impact

Are we reading too much into his comments? He did say "probably".

And, we still have Richo in charge, who has to make finals next year. First chance he gets, he'll go back to his role players.
Interesting comment from the bloke who is telling you it’s his job to oversee how this list goes

Great article on the AFL website about James Gallagher. Settled my nerves a little.
He has pinpointed areas in our list that need to be addressed but there was one missing important piece of the puzzle..
No mention of what we're doing relating to bringing in a ruckman to replace Hickey if traded..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given how we have opened up the kimono to reveal the size of our war chest, surely a few managers would be talking to their players suggesting they may wish to put their name forward for a move this year?

He has pinpointed areas in our list that need to be addressed but there was one missing important piece of the puzzle..
No mention of what we're doing relating to bringing in a ruckman to replace Hickey if traded..
There has been chatter that we had someone locked in already. Bit sure if that related to Lycett. Has he announced he's going to Port yet?

If Hickey goes and Pierce stays then we have 2.5 ruckman on our list. Longer number one with Pierce as his backup. With the shortage of rucks around that’s probably enough.
The problem is we’ve spoken to Roughead though who isn’t a ruckman or a KPP.

Serious question.

If you got the Lions pick 5(6) for Steven plus change would you do it?

Would not think twice. We desperately need elite kids on our list. Stuv is 29 before next season starts and doesn’t want to be there.
Dreaming that we could get anything like that pick for him though.

There has been chatter that we had someone locked in already. Bit sure if that related to Lycett. Has he announced he's going to Port yet?

Yes.
5 years on 3 mill. Paperwork lodged.

Would not think twice. We desperately need elite kids on our list. Stuv is 29 before next season starts and doesn’t want to be there.
Dreaming that we could get anything like that pick for him though.
Geez. I am so undecided an I believe they will come multiple times starting Monday for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back