List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope you’re right. I’m not convinced he can. Sydney would want pick 4 and unlikely to let him go if he was healthy. Anything we get from him is a bonus as far as I’m concerned. If he can be 70% as good as 3 years ago he will still be a good player though.

I wonder if we could use him in another position if his body is shot? I watched a few Sydney games this year and he looked like a shadow of what he was. Maybe as a back flanker or something he wouldn’t need the explosiveness.
Let’s be honest though. Sydney have always been very good in dealing with us.
I honestly can’t think of a player that’s come to us from Sydney apart from maybe TDL that hasn’t been good.
Dempster, Schneider and Membrey have all been great. And Hanners definitely has the attitude to try and prove everyone wrong.
So I’m excited about him coming

Let’s be honest though. Sydney have always been very good in dealing with us.
I honestly can’t think of a player that’s come to us from Sydney apart from maybe TDL that hasn’t been good.
Dempster, Schneider and Membrey have all been great. And Hanners definitely has the attitude to try and prove everyone wrong.
So I’m excited about him coming
They got a few good ones the other way as well. Lockett, Hall, O’Brien. And even fan favourite Jayson Daniels. Tommy Walsh may have been a fizzer though......

This is not a joke, generally interested. What sound am I looking for in a good watermelon?
giphy.gif

They got a few good ones the other way as well. Lockett, Hall, O’Brien. And even fan favourite Jayson Daniels. Tommy Walsh may have been a fizzer though......
Paul Morwood & Hi Ho Silvio Foschini..
Our dealings have always been amicable due to the history of St.Kilda & South Melbourne being suburban neighbours..
The opposite to Richmond & Collingwood..

Paul Morwood & Hi Ho Silvio Foschini..
Our dealings have always been amicable due to the history of St.Kilda & South Melbourne being suburban neighbours..
The opposite to Richmond & Collingwood..
And back when I was a lad, Roy Cazaly. 99 games for both clubs. 198 in total. Bizarre.

Last edited:
if we did somehow manage to get Shiel I'd be very excited going into 2019... a midfield of Shiel, a fit hanners, Steven, Ross and Steele would be able to mix it with the best in the league. If we have players like Carlisle, Robertson and Webster firing down back and a forward line with gresh, billings, skunk and hopefully one of paddy or Bruce stepping up we could be a completely different side... oh wait and let's not forget our 2 top 10 picks in Clark and coffield who could also surprise us all with another pre season under their belts...
Mix all of this with our new highly rated assistants and a different vibe to shake the place up and we could potentially play finals. On top of that we might finally be able to get some free agents consider joining us come this time next year.
The point is... give Shiel what he wants, its the circuit breaker we've been waiting for

the Messiah we have been promised and waiting for all these years

Last edited:
Not trying to disagree... Newman was part time assistant at Hawks this year but I had heard he was moving to be full time assistant; assumably relinquishing his role as Box Hill coach. Would love this to be true and add Mitchell to our ranks though.

Hawthorn FC are posting that Newman will become an Assistant at Hawthorn and Max Bailey will be the coach at Box Hill.

Last edited:
This has to be a load of shit, you owe me a beer for having to be knee deep in shit sifting through SS garbage ;)

Apparently at the presentation Lethlean offered Shiel a drink, "tea, water, anything you want Dylan, we've got it!"

Anyway Dylan asked for a coke, but they didn't have any and all the staff had gone off on break, so Lethlean ducks off to 7-11 to grab some but got lost and couldn't find his way back to Moorabbin for ages (left his phone in the meeting room).

Anyway they left Shiel with this intern who got all starstruck and awkwardly asked Dylan to sign his Saints membership 2017 hat. It was a really awkward moment but Dylan obliged, but then the intern says he'll get the papers for him to sign then as well, it was meant to be a joke but it bombed.

So by the time Lethlean got back Dylan had left! Rooey arrives just at that moment having been given the wrong starting time for the meeting!

Absolute shambles.

Even if it’s not true it’s funny as ****. Sounds like crap but made me laugh anyway. Lethers probably had an orgy in the change rooms and couldn’t spare anyone. **** Shiel and his Coke, Jake is on holiday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuse my intrusion.

Just wondering what your thoughts would be if the GC offered say pick 5 (for May) and 25 or 29 for your pick 4, and you knew that Rozee and Rankine would both be gone.

Would that be more attractive than Port's 9 and 10 or the Crows 8 and 16?

Would pick 25/29 help with getting Hannebery deal done?

Down one draft place for a decent second round pick?
Of course we'd do that Im sure but why on Earth would Gold Coast?

Excuse my intrusion.

Just wondering what your thoughts would be if the GC offered say pick 5 (for May) and 25 or 29 for your pick 4, and you knew that Rozee and Rankine would both be gone.

Would that be more attractive than Port's 9 and 10 or the Crows 8 and 16?

Would pick 25/29 help with getting Hannebery deal done?
Nah. We will give you #4 and Weller for #2 but. Cheers.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Look, I'm glad we have missed on Shiel if he has indeed picked Carlton. Proof he has rocks as a brain and is pretty stupid tbh
Don't necessarily agree with this. Word is that our offer and Carlton's weren't that far apart, in fact Carlton offered more when it comes to commercial opportunities outside of/post football. The $8m figure was also off the mark, it seems.

That, combined with Shiel being a one eyed Blues man was the kicker.

I'm not saying I'm proud or glad, we missed another big fish and this one was perfect for our list/rebuild - simple as that. Not shattered, not proud, we move on and try with someone else.

Why do people always go on about next year trades period, it sets you up for disappointment. If we keep looking to “next trade period” we will never get what we want...

Past three years have seen us saying we will get them next year, only for nothing to eventuate..

Face it, we aren’t attractive to players that are in there prime and comfortable. We are only attracted to players who are past there used by date or a player who has been struggling...

Honestly, think, why would Shiel want to come for us?
- More money offered

That’s it, and we will still get good money at the other clubs. We need to face the reality that after the year we had and the coach we have, we are the least attractive club in the AFL.

Can't help but feel extremely dissapointed about the pending bad news on Sheil.

Some will say look at North and Kelly, well he is still in play for them next year.

We have a shit load of cash and nobody wants it.

It's embarrassing and soul destroying.

If there's any chance Carlton aren't picking Smith and/or trade Pick 1 to an SA team, time to collude with CGS and get Pick 2 for Walsh.

Out: Pick 4 + Newnes.
In: Pick 2. (Walsh)

Or trade Newnes for SFA on the basis they won't pick Walsh?

We should do that deal regardless and take lukosious

While shiel would be great I'd be happy with bringing in mitchel full stop but add on hannebery, kent maybe a DFA or two and take pick 4 to the draft.

Assuming may goes I would be trying really hard at newnes a future first and something for gold coastal pick 5. Take king and Smith and continue building.

Mitchel, ratts and hannebery coming in would make our midfield so much better. Add Bruce and Roberton as essentially new recruits and we'll finish 8-12.

Can't help but feel extremely dissapointed about the pending bad news on Sheil.

Some will say look at North and Kelly, well he is still in play for them next year.

We have a shit load of cash and nobody wants it.

It's embarrassing and soul destroying.

A bit like the boy who cried wolf, I'm not actually going to know when you go on one of your epic melts and actually mean it anymore.

In fact, this reads like its legit, but I can't tell.

If it's legit, it's like asking one of us if we'd prefer Carlton or St Kilda and despite what the media say there is bugger all difference in the long run between offers.

Both clubs can discuss potential upside in lists but at the end of the day we don't look great from an outsider's point of view. The media constantly stick the boots in so Shiel probably thinks, it's my dream to play for the Blues, I'll get very rich in doing so and I'll live out my boyhood dream.

I just wish we had a Sloane or similar Saints obsessed player in that situation but it never seems to be the case.

It actually makes sense. SL said there’s an exciting coaching announcement coming up but ruled out Banger. Has to be someone of quality. I initially thought Lenny but he’s contracted & settled in Sydney. If not Mitchell than who...?
Tim Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back