List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t like the Sandy deal but couldn’t care less if it stays. If we’re focussing on the 44th player on our list this much we’ve got bigger problems. Let’s focus on getting the right 1st to 30th players.
That's the thing sometimes the 44th taken player can become your teams No 1 eg Newcombe Hawthorn taken in a MSD from Box Hill. Teams simply can't afford to be giving list spots to known spuds, particularly in years like this draft year. We have an opportunity to add a number of quality kids to our list this year and address our list voids, its madness to be throwing a position at Sandringham player who none of fit a list need. We could take a ruckman at position 44 who could become our future No 1, it wont happen if we give that spot to a Sandi spud.

Last edited:
Wait wait wait wait wait. So we HAVE to rookie draft at least one player from Sandringham Zebras? Every year? Or just a former Zebra has to be on the list at some point? I gotta tell ya, that sounds like a bush league move.
Not just that, the player who wins the spot over a more deserving player who could be chosen from the whole rest of Australia gets their very own participation trophy and a happy meal voucher.

That's the thing sometimes the 44th taken player can become your teams No 1 eg Newcombe Hawthorn taken in a MSD from Box Hill. Teams simply can't afford to be giving list spots to known spuds, particularly in years like this draft year. We have an opportunity to add a number of quality kids to our list this year and address our list voids, its madness to be throwing a position at Sandringham player who none of fit a list need. We could take a ruckman at position 44 who could become our future No 1, it wont happen if we give that spot to a Sandi spud.
I see your point Steele brother, but the 43rd player could become a gun, or perhaps your 42nd or your 41st, or your 34th, or your 29th, or your 17th etc etc. chances are by 44, you’ll likely have a fail so I say let’s focus on the other end of the list.

Not just that, the player who wins the spot over a more deserving player who could be chosen from the whole rest of Australia gets their very own participation trophy and a happy meal voucher.
We will be taking two rookies. This means whoever the Sandy listed player is who gets taken will be at around pick 24 in the rookie draft.

The average players selected in the rookie drafts over the last two years was 25.

I mean, its POSSIBLE the next Gary Abblett is the one available at that pick 25.

Or what you could do is create a further incentive over the basic VFL salary cap which isn't competitive versus the bush leagues anyway and gain genuine interest from prospective talent as a promise of a rookie contract is a lot surer way of getting there then the regular draft which is nigh impossible to even get a look in at.

Its not exactly a high risk gamble and may prove to entice genuinely better players to sign up. Hell, we may even find a player worthwhile through it.

WTF is the point of this attitude. Going off about a bunch of young guys who train three times a week and also play on top of full time work like that is just ****ing perplexing.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back