List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

So still if Port had 2 and 3 they would take Lukicous and Rankine and Rozee left.

Would Adelaide trade for him? Probably the third best of the three? Is that fair?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
You’d think Adelaide would then grab Rozee & Hately with their picks

Is the live trading going to be active this draft? If so might cause a frenzy with the Adelaide clubs if their prized picks slide past the Suns

Haha, we are copping it today. Cornes thinks Slater is a 'gimmick', Cooney doesn't like the Hanners trade. Quite amusing, there's no need to take is seriously.

Of all the OOC players I wouldn't mind grabbing Brendon Ah Chee from WC if we have a spare list spot and no-one to fill it if he ends up DFA (likely). Can't see him making it at his third club but is o.k. depth for what is a thin midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lists like this are meaningless these days, half of the players traded are still contracted.

They’re not meaningless for our blokes. Our uncontracted players will be offered a deal depending on the outcome of our trade period. If we sign our targets then players like Weller will be delisted I think.

I suspect it is similar for some of the other players on that list.

The longer we hold out on pick 4, the more valuable it becomes - I don't mind picking one of the SA boys immediately to drop back a spot, because you'll turn that into two players, get Smith or King + X? So surely, unless we can do that right now, I'd be holding it and see what happens.

Also, I'm still not sold on the story Beams is looking to return, and I think it's bullshit that he says he will only go to Collingwood because that's not coming home for personal reasons, coming home for personal reasons would be I'm happy to go to one of the Melbourne based clubs seeing as they're now all pretty close to the city these days, would we look at him?

If Lucosius is available at pick 4 and the two SA clubs are desperate to sell the farm for him - does there come a time where we have to consider taking him for ourselves?

Is the go home factor going to kill us, this kid was the second coming of Roo wasn't he?

If Port want pick 4 it’s pick 10, Wingard & an exchange of our 2019 2nd for their 2019 1st

Yep. Sounds good, but swap pick 10 with pick 6. Take it or leave it.

That is incredibly greedy and unlikely, but the lure for the upgrade will be enormous.

This is what demand and desperation may lead to for a prized top 4 pick.

If Lucosius is available at pick 4 and the two SA clubs are desperate to sell the farm for him - does there come a time where we have to consider taking him for ourselves?

Is the go home factor going to kill us, this kid was the second coming of Roo wasn't he?

Jesse Hogan

6 and Wingard for 4 and a swap of first round picks 2019.

If PORT want it bad enough they will do it.
Not weighted enough in our favour if you ask me.

All of the above plus:

• Get rid of the INXS song (drives me batty)
  • Get rid of Kochie (sick of his silly bald head)
  • Make the China game a Port Home Game
  • Give us all the Chinese profits

Could probably live with that

Picks can be swapped anytime between beginning of trade period and end of the draft period.

Let's get over trade period, see where we stand, then make decisions.
Absolute worst case scenario is we use pick 4 in the draft.

Like Wingard?
Nah Stewart was as good as they come a class above then out of nowhere he needed to shop at the big men’s store and couldn’t get a kick.

Chads a good player who can be great on his day, I think he’s gone backwards since opposition sides started putting more work into him.

He definitely seems to have the hump with port at present though.

The tuddy thing at Collingwood was all about cash, they didn’t like playing their players much in those days I think it was him and len Thompson took a stand.

Yep. Sounds good, but swap pick 10 with pick 6. Take it or leave it.

That is incredibly greedy and unlikely, but the lure for the upgrade will be enormous.

This is what demand and desperation may lead to for a prized top 4 pick.
The only variable there is wingard.

Port would be taking the risk of a two pick upgrade without knowing who will be available at 4.

On trade night it's a different scenario.

If their player is available @ 4 then 6 & 10 could come into play.

Unless they were confident of trading wingard then upgrading 4 & 10 for a top four pick or better.

If they want 4 I wouldn't be giving them 39 in that deal. Why would you? Pretty simple... if you want 4 pick 6 and 11 is the price. Take it or leave it

What if they say its pretty simple. We want 4 and 39 if you want 6 and 11. We aren't doing this as a favour to them. They will know we are doing this because we think 6 and 11 is so far in our favour. They may say to much.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back