List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't really know how the team will be rolled out , but a lot of hard decisions to be made
Armitage
Weller
Savage
Longer
Lonie
Dunstan
There’s no particular problem with any of those players other than they may not be best 22.

A couple may be the others if they aren’t traded are depth, I can honestly see every player on that list playing more than 6 senior games next year.

Crazy that North paid pick 11 for Polec and Hawks look likely to get Scully for a late second or even third round pick..

Either his ankle is absolutely stuffed or Hawks are going to get close to the biggest bargain in trade history...

The main reason I had no interest in Scully was because I thought his trade value would just be too high for his age.

I'd happily hand over pick 28 and a big contract if his ankle was okay.

Finally enough I think the club that suits him most is Melbourne. Now that'd be ironic.

Bloody hell - I didn’t even know Scotty Palmer was still alive. He must be pushing 80.
Have to say I thought he'd gone to the big print room in the sky.

Loved the days of Scotty and the Sunday Press....he always had the big scoops.

"Keep on Punching"

LOVED IT.

The problem is the side above us is Brisbane and the look to have more improvement than us tgen there was a gap. I find it hard to think we can really improve many ladder positions but may win around 8 games which may sound low but is nearly double this year

The start of the year for us was atrocious, but we had some competitive games against top sides, including draw again GWS (who to be fair, will not be the side they were, so expect to beat them in 2019) and Melbourne, we were competitive against Richmond, Collingwood and WC. With an easier draw and some luck with injuries, or a lack of them, we could be back to where we were in 2017.

Brisbane may not get Neale and they may or may not get Beams, and that's a set back for them too, so they may be around the same spot as us still.

Don't really know how the team will be rolled out , but a lot of hard decisions to be made
Armitage
Weller
Savage
Longer
Lonie
Dunstan
True, love Armo but even for his own sake would have thought they would have retired him already unless they have a magic cure for his back condition. For me he would be a certainty to go. I reckon Longer will be number 1 ruck next year but if Marshall could imorove his ruckwork to a decent standard that would be awesome. Id be happy with Sav, Weller and Dunstan as depth. If Lonie's form continues on his last few games be an in for me - if not then he can keep practicing at Sandy

Crazy that North paid pick 11 for Polec and Hawks look likely to get Scully for a late second or even third round pick..

Either his ankle is absolutely stuffed or Hawks are going to get close to the biggest bargain in trade history...

The main reason I had no interest in Scully was because I thought his trade value would just be too high for his age.

Finally enough I think the club that suits him most is Melbourne. Now that'd be ironic.

If I was us I'd be going around Scully and pressuring gws with better deals and questioning what could possess them to let him go for pick 53. May not get us Scully but may at least make it a bit tougher for the Hawks.

I’ve always believed that our system is totally flawed, imo they need a complete overhall based on the NFL.

It’s not perfect but it does work, teams go up and others go down despite their power off the ground. Occasionally there are teams that beat the system for awhile or screw it up like the browns but it’s self inflicted not the system.
What i thin is strange is when players go to the reigning premiers in the hope of getting a flag - with the exception of Hawks and Lions cant remember any team from the recent history winning back to back

I know its old footage , but he was bloody good
I watched it last night……...what an absolute star the Swans have had over those years.

I sat here thinking if we can get 70% of his previous output...….I'll be over the moon.

Anything over 70 % will be a supreme bonus IMO.

Can't wait to see what he will bring us next season.

If, this is a big if- but i am a saints fan and often ridiculously optimistic. Hanners gets a clear run through preseason and gets back close to his best. Saints get one of the biggest bargains in trade history.. 3 x AA player, 27yo + pick 28 for pick 39 and a future 2nd @ 800k a year. if not, well we can all have melts about that after

That really surprises me because he plays like a tall key.

I’ve heard about his engine and athleticism before gee I wish he’d show it on the field. You see quite a bit of this guys with real pace who don’t use it and others who are just average at testing but hit every contest at top pace and spread hard. Just goes to show once again that you can’t beat the old eye test and getting out watching players actually play.
Yeah you definitely would think hed'd be our quickest, would be great if he used more of it. I reckon he uses it to burst on the lead which makes him such a good forward for his size -against Essendon Hurley was having lots of problems trying to match up with him. Can never understand why fast players dont use it - think big Rhys Stanley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The start of the year for us was atrocious, but we had some competitive games against top sides, including draw again GWS (who to be fair, will not be the side they were, so expect to beat them in 2019) and Melbourne, we were competitive against Richmond, Collingwood and WC. With an easier draw and some luck with injuries, or a lack of them, we could be back to where we were in 2017.

Brisbane may not get Neale and they may or may not get Beams, and that's a set back for them too, so they may be around the same spot as us still.
Great game against the Hawks too although we lost. I just subtract the goal they got from Breusts throw in the goal square and pencil it in as a win;)

I’m sure we are going to bring someone in or bring in a decent pick or maybe 2 if someone else goes out..

We have 5 list spots .. Marshall will get one you’d assume but then after 28 we have a pick in the 60s and the 70s.. 60s pick probably gets used but doubt we’d have much interest in a 70s pick as well?
I can see a swap of picks happening for the reasons you have pointed out. Maybe use both in draft or Lethers uses one on a sneaky player this week and the other one is on a kid.

Jeez watching the Hannebery highlights really gives me hope. He has great vision and knows how to weave through traffic. And his commitment to the contest is phenomenal. Can’t lose those attributes through injury.

He's a heart and soul type. I hope we get 5+ years out of him because if he keeps going the way he is (or rather has, throughout his career) he'll be a much loved Saint.

Armitage
Weller
Savage
Longer
Lonie
Dunstan
Just spitballing but, the more I look at spots to fill and players like Dunstan on the list, I see a change of picks. Hope we screw an Adelaide team and swap 4 and Dunstan for 6 and 10 or 6 and 15. Something like that, smarter people on here will know more.

That really surprises me because he plays like a tall key.

I’ve heard about his engine and athleticism before gee I wish he’d show it on the field. You see quite a bit of this guys with real pace who don’t use it and others who are just average at testing but hit every contest at top pace and spread hard. Just goes to show once again that you can’t beat the old eye test and getting out watching players actually play.
Agree he def plays tall! We keep hearing about his pace but like most
of our forwards, struggles to get separation often! May also have something to do with the way the ball is delivered!

Like Skunk a lot and believe he can take his game to another level again!
Where he needs to improve besides his accuracy on goal from this year anyway is
for all this so called athleticism and pace he doesn't find enough footy!

He is one of the few we have that is a converter and can hurt opposition
just would like to see him more involved than just as a stay home forward!
Needs to look at Hawthorns Dunstan as a role model...Has a very similar game!

I watched it last night……...what an absolute star the Swans have had over those years.

I sat here thinking if we can get 70% of his previous output...….I'll be over the moon.

Anything over 70 % will be a supreme bonus IMO.

Can't wait to see what he will bring us next season.
The guys a warrior, he’s the sort of player that inspires teammates to lift.

So many sports including AFL are 90% above the neck, I believe we have suffered badly over the past season from a combination of factors which have seen us underperform badly.

I hope its like this
McKenzie - Austin - White
Webster - Carlisle - Roberton
Acres - Steele - Hannebery
Billings - Bruce - Kent
Membery - McCartin - Gresham

Zac Clarke - Ross - Steven

Long / Hunter / Coffield / Paton

nice looking team, good to see Steven in his best position. I would be playing Battle, he will surprise a lot next season. Would also like to see more of Philipps and Marshall. Plus a number 4 draft pick hopefully one of Walsh, Smith or Rankin.

We do potentially have a good list we just need better coaching and a bit of confidence going forward

Agree he def plays tall! We keep hearing about his pace but like most
of our forwards, struggles to get separation often! May also have something to do with the way the ball is delivered!

Like Skunk a lot and believe he can take his game to another level again!
Where he needs to improve besides his accuracy on goal from this year anyway is
for all this so called athleticism and pace he doesn't find enough footy!

He is one of the few we have that is a converter and can hurt opposition
just would like to see him more involved than just as a stay home forward!
Needs to look at Hawthorns Dunstan as a role model...Has a very similar game!
The guy who has impressed me the most over the last year or so is jack Riewoldt.

He has really figured out how to use and control the space in front of him. He can find space without putting in more than a two or three metre burst, plus he protects the drop or ball impact zone so well. Once you get the jump on a defender the only way they can spoil is if you take them to the ball it’s not as though they can run around you, his timing is giving them no chance at all.

Skunk and all our tall forwards should take a good look at how Riewoldt is operating, the hands in the back rule change won’t effect what he’s doing at all. Haha mind you it won’t work with blokes sitting it in your head so some decent service is essential as well.

nice looking team, good to see Steven in his best position. I would be playing Battle, he will surprise a lot next season. Would also like to see more of Philipps and Marshall. Plus a number 4 draft pick hopefully one of Walsh, Smith or Rankin.

We do potentially have a good list we just need better coaching and a bit of confidence going forward
Sinclair is easily best 22.

Essentially we got hannerbry and a pick upgrade (39 to 28) for next years 2nd round pick

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
No we didn't this is the trade from news.com.au

Saints give up pick 23, 28, 39, and next years second rounder.

Saints get Hanners and a second rounder.

Values what we gave up for Hanners and a mystery second rounder as.the equivalent to pick 2. No wonder we are a laughing stock!

NOTE: please realise that I know what was actually traded I'm just taking the proverbial

agree about the list , don't have a clue how the team will end up but any of these young kids could have a breakout season because we have enough of them , the hard one will be the forward line McCartin , Battle , Bruce , Marshall , Membery - we can't play them all so it will all come down to form in preseason and injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back