List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think pick 4 will be quite as golden as we think. Hope I'm wrong
Well when you think of how much Port gave up for pick 6 from Freo (a pick that almost certainly won't get them Rankine, Lukosious, or maybe even Rozee), I think it gives you an idea of how much they will be willing to give up for 4.

And if Adelaide want it they'll have to outbid them you'd imagine.

The only threat seems to be one or both trading for pick 2 or 3 instead. But thankfully GCS don't seem keen to part with them.

Acres as ruck lol, gears on wing, armo and Ross at HB, Carlisle forward/ruck, Paton forward/wing when hes suited for HB.
Acres in the ruck for a half a dozen contests when our ruck was injured, gears on the wing giving an AA a pantsing, armo and Ross @hb giving some stability, Paton HF where he kicked a goal a game.

Don't like Richo I assume!!!!

If either SA clubs nab our pick 4, I think they will package it to keep jumping up the queue to a top 3 pick. They could totally bypass us, so maybe don't play so hard to get and take a reasonable win with a few picks for 4. Two or three picks in the top 16 better, more chances at a gun, mitigates losing a high draft pick to injury or they just turn out to be shit.

Yep, it was a disaster right from the get-go.

Richo says in the interview during one of our AFLX games that it's the young ones who are the ones who will take us that next step, so what do he and our coaching staff do?

Instead of playing these guys that he says are the most important to our hopes of progressing in their best positions, to make it easiest for them to improve and take us that next step, he starts the year with a bunch of them out of position, or in the VFL!

They play Steele on the wing, where he's very ordinary, Sinclair (who played by far his best footy on the wing in the previous year) forward (where he hasn't been much chop since his debut year), after saying over the summer that Acres will be "one of the most improved mids in the comp this year", they play him on the wing in round 1, and he's one of our best 2 or 3, then instead of leaving him there to thrive, they prioritise the out-of-form, good-ordinary Newnes there, and play Acres mostly forward again from the following week, then they start playing him in the ruck!

Then you've got Dunstan, who got the most votes in our B&F for the last 6 rounds of last year, who in their wisdom they start in the VFL, so that they can play an Armo that Richo later admits wasn't ready to play seniors at that stage. Once they bring Luke back in he kicks off where he left off last year, with a couple of 30 disposal games.

Then there was Lonie, who was one of our best in AFLX and against Carlton in JLT1, and who looked really sharp and like he'd gotten his game together again, who they dropped for JLT2, which was another decision that really shocked me at the time, having been really happy with what I saw of him live the previous few weeks. He was playing like he ended up playing late in the year.

Even Billings. I suspect he spent a lot of time training in the midfield over preseason and was expecting and wanting to play a lot more there during the season, but he was back to playing exclusively forward again and he really struggled to get going until they dropped him.

So I just think it was a car crash and that we shot ourselves in the foot big-time with all that, with pretty much all of it backfiring, and as a result our season was largely over before it started, with our form and confidence shot amongst the young group as a whole in particular. The young group we were relying on taking us that next step.

I suspect we put it on them in a pretty big way over preseason to step up and fill the shoes of Roo and co, and then we proceeded to play a bunch of them in positions that gave them little chance to do so, or even worse, played them in the VFL. So they probably felt a lot of pressure to perform and that they were letting the whole club down. Great for confidence and morale.

Spot on.

Genuine question ; if we could get such a good deal for 4, why wouldn't GC instead sell off pick 2 to Port and pick 3 to Crows which would guarantee them each 1 of the top 2 SA kids? This also avoids GC picking 2 SA kids that will almost definitely go home.

GC could end up with so many 1st rounders that they could have a massive kick start to their rebuild.

I don't think pick 4 will be quite as golden as we think. Hope I'm wrong
Na if GC keep picks 2&3 they only loose 2 players in a couple years instead of 4 or 5.

It makes sense, but then theres the risn Adelaide trade up to take Rozee ahead of them. They have the ammunition to do it and it's a big risk for them to hope he makes it that far if they really are as keen as most say.

I’m just not sure Adel & Port for that matter rate Rozee in the top 5. The media are saying they are trying to trade up for Rankine & Lukosious but Rozee doesn’t seem to be rated that high except by GC. Also worth considering GC could end up with pick 5 in the May/Hogan/Neale trade. Would Adel sell the farm to trade up to 4 for Rozee? I don’t think so.

I’m just not sure Adel & Port for that matter rate Rozee in the top 5. The media are saying they are trying to trade up for Rankine & Lukosious but Rozee doesn’t seem to be rated that high except by GC. Also worth considering GC could end up with pick 5 in the May/Hogan/Neale trade. Would Adel sell the farm to trade up to 4 for Rozee? I don’t think so.
Maybe not, but I'm not sure GC would be willing to take the risk.

Only a theory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I were Gold Coast and were going to reach about 4 or 5 spots for Rozee at 3 then I reckon I'd much prefer the multiple first round picks I'd get in return for 2 and 3, which would presumably start at 6 and 8.

Lukosious
Rozee

v say

King/Smith/King
Rozee/King
Hill/Hatey/RCD
Hill/RCD/Bytel/Caldwell
Etc.

Lukosious and Rozee alone doesn't seem like great value.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back