List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain to me why we would trade out Bruce and bring in Patton?

Bruce has out performed Patton over his career, is more.mobile and less injury concerns?

Surely this has to be a baseless rumour?

I tend to agree. Unless patton can be first ruck I wouldn’t do it. Not sure he could be first ruck

Wow, this place has gone mad.
Rankine no good
Smith slow(FMD)
We are trading out of the top 7 to Adelaide

Jesus. Hanners and Kent WTF have you done coming to this friggin madhouse

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
They check every players computers and phones and if anyone looks at this site they are immediately sacked

Personally I think thats about it for us for Trade week. Unfortunately its pretty obvious now that any player with the luxury of "picking a side" isnt going to choose us. Hanners was prised out of Sydney by us with a big contract, he wasnt looking to leave prior to that and no other Clubs were in the mix.

Unless the Pies come at us with a Godfather offer for Lonie or perhaps Bruce, I reckon we'll just be observers the next 3 days.

Bruce has out performed Patton over his career, is more.mobile and less injury concerns?

Because Bruce would net us a decent pick whilst Patton would cost barely anything. So the net trade position is positive, likely in the form of losing a 3rd rounder for Patton but getting a first for Bruce.
Patton could well be played as a ruckman due to his superior ball handling and winning over Longer, or could be used as a forward. If he’s to be used as a ruck then we’d probably still take King if available, but may still take King even if Patton is used up forward.

They’re likely on similar money, too, so no real difference in salary cap stress (unless we significantly front loaded Bruce’s contract which is rather likely, as others have already pointed out).

Only reason is draft picks. If you got 18 for Bruce ( which I don’t think we would ) and only had to pay a 3rd rounder for Patton. Just swapping a like for like in a relative sense for a pick upgrade.

Surprised he'll still be there at 8....
Adelaide were surprised Lever fell to 14. Hawthorn were thrilled Burton fell to 19. Joel Selwood fell to Geelong and pick seven because of concerns over his knee.

Serious injuries draft year, especially knees, can make a team think twice. Rightly so (see also: Chris Dawes, Tom Swift, Beau Dowler, etc.)

what do you mean you have no idea? have you watched him?

i reckon he's similar to what we've already taken in the past: armitage, dunstan, stevens (gone), ross, hanneberry and to a bit of a lesser extent sinclair, clark, weller. our midfield is pretty damn uniform in its demographic: mid sized, slow paced, poor disposal. we have had a knack for taking midfielders like that. smith is another example of it. his pace is overplayed if you watch him. he has excellent contested numbers so he obviously cracks in, but his disposal is hit and miss. his goal kicking better than a lot of mids though.

richo has a knack for playing them too. he likes the grunts as he believes thats what wins finals footy.

sinclair, clark, hanners and ross are probably the only decent users of the footy we have in our midfield. if you consider billings to be HFF.

Ross a decent user of the ball ......????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there are other ways to get into the top end of this draft without trading out pick 4

future first

bruce and 28

other avenues that people won't want to entertain
Future first is something we'll just feel the pain of next year (look at what we had at the start of this trade period) and Bruce and 28 won't get us near the pointy end (earlyish teens at absolute, absolute best).

Personally I think thats about it for us for Trade week. Unfortunately its pretty obvious now that any player with the luxury of "picking a side" isnt going to choose us. Hanners was prised out of Sydney by us with a big contract, he wasnt looking to leave prior to that and no other Clubs were in the mix.

Unless the Pies come at us with a Godfather offer for Lonie or perhaps Bruce, I reckon we'll just be observers the next 3 days.
It's actually kind of nice. We had our targets, we did our deals, we somehow improved our draft position (I'd love to hear how we convinced Sydney to do the 39 to 28 upgrade) and now we can just sit back and watch the chaos, mayhem and fire sale.

There's also the added fun of watching the increasing desperation of the SA teams eyeing off our pick 4. All that juicy SA talent on the table, maybe someone will let us exploit them.

Rehab looking for a new project pinup boy now Freezer gone :p

Not interested. I’d rather have a strong opinion on something and then change my mind when so many others have a different opinion. I’m pretty weak like that. Yuck
I am interested in your strong opinion that you might change so ...... what should we do with Pick 4 or who should we pick with Pick 4?

Please no generic just get a "mid" answer

Adelaide trade of picks very much on the cards. 8, 13 and we want 21.

At a guess it would be that with 28 going back. There’s someone who we’re very keen on that is 15-25 range. Don’t ask who, as I don’t know, but heard he’s been on the radar for a while. Hence trying to get back into second round so badly.
Damn, really want to know who that is now!

I am interested in your strong opinion that you might change so ...... what should we do with Pick 4 or who should we pick with Pick 4?

Please no generic just get a "mid" answer

I will wait and see what others think. At the moment im strong on Smith. If we traded I wouldn't go higher than 6. Not interested in 8. Those that know more than us keep saying top7. Obviously others will be stars after that pick but less and less.

I just wish there was a person whose name was mid. Then I could say get a mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back