List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't underestimate the pulling power of the big clubs.

He goes to methendon he plays anzac day every year, dreamtime at the g every year etc etc

He comes to the saints he gets to play in.... ummmm..... give me a minute here....

"the richo's been sacked, please come back and watch us game"

Shiel:

"The Bombers, who reportedly made their pitch via a small group of players in an Elwood cafe last week, beat Carlton, Hawthorn and St Kilda in securing the midfielder's services"

On our bloody turf too! Why didn't we send Letherman with Jake and J-Webb to intercept and neutralise the threat?

Gotta love this equalisation shit. We finish 16th with 4 wins & have our pick 3 pushed back to pick 4, then our picks 57, 61 & 63 are now 60, 64 & 66.

Good job AFL & Saints :drunk:
but the reason our pick got bumped is because the team that did worse than us just lost their best player ....
in this situation i would rather be us and move one pick down then be GCS and have our best player walk out ...

Apparently Port will demand 2 firsts for Wingard. Pick 4 alone is arguably too much when you compare with this years top 5.
I do not think Wingard is the answer.
Much like I do not think Shiel is our answer.

No doubt he is a bloody good footballer but I feel he looks better than he plays. Tanned, very athletic graceful left footer, commentators rave about him but I am a bit meahhh.
Was Happy for him to come and prove me wrong now can watch and see what he does at Essendon. Another outside quick reckon that's not what the bummers need. Need a bit of inside grunt

Anyway here's the rub....could this shake the tree. Couple of elites might just say well for that money Sainters let's talk....

Otherwise keep 4 and see what eventuates. ADE and Port will come knocking for an SA boy maybe if we split 4 gives us more options.

We always said that we need to upgrade our list.....well we have money to burn and if we split the picks then maybe we get 2 A graders spitballing for instance (Crouch Parker Tyson Cerra)get amongst some three way action like we did with Carlisle and O'Mera for the price of one. Then gamble with the Hickey pick on Setterfield or Scrimshaw.

Not sure 1 player be it Shiel Smith/King is necessarily the answer.

But Hannas 2 players or 1 player and a first and Scrimshaw Settlefield sounds appealing.

And if Shiel goes down with an ACL hats in the air....but seriously do not wish that on anyone as karma is a bitch.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I do not think Wingard is the answer.
Much like I do not think Shiel is our answer.

No doubt he is a bloody good footballer but I feel he looks better than he plays. Tanned, very athletic graceful left footer, commentators rave about him but I am a bit meahhh.
Was Happy for him to come and prove me wrong now can watch and see what he does at Essendon. Another outside quick reckon that's not what the bummers need. Need a bit of inside grunt

Anyway here's the rub....could this shake the tree. Couple of elites might just say well for that money Sainters let's talk....

Otherwise keep 4 and see what eventuates. ADE and Port will come knocking for an SA boy maybe if we split 4 gives us more options.

We always said that we need to upgrade our list.....well we have money to burn and if we split the picks then maybe we get 2 A graders spitballing for instance (Crouch Parker Tyson Cerra)get amongst some three way action like we did with Carlisle and O'Mera for the price of one. Then gamble with the Hickey pick on Setterfield or Scrimshaw.

Not sure 1 player be it Shiel Smith/King is necessarily the answer.

But Hannas 2 players or 1 player and a first and Scrimshaw Settlefield sounds appealing.

And if Shiel goes down with an ACL hats in the air....but seriously do not wish that on anyone as karma is a bitch.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mate, Setters is going to Carlton

Shiel:

"The Bombers, who reportedly made their pitch via a small group of players in an Elwood cafe last week, beat Carlton, Hawthorn and St Kilda in securing the midfielder's services"

On our bloody turf too! Why didn't we send Letherman with Jake and J-Webb to intercept and neutralise the threat?

That would have been significantly pleasing my man

Manager on shiel: "absolutely a football decision"

so not about the money which means us and carlton wouldnt have come close.
If he chose a club with a huge cheque book, his manager still would have said it was a football decision because he was excited to grow and help develop a young list which he sees playing finals in the next few years.

Stop reading so much into these scripted trade radio interviews.

Essendon hey!?

Makes a lot of sense. They underperformed early in the year but then they looked a top 8 quality team from then on, and Shiel fills the major area they were lacking in, so it makes a lot of sense that he go there. I think their list is a lot more appealing and likely to really contend going forward than Hawthorns is and they're much closer than us or Carlton to contending and they ought to be able to satisfy GWS in a trade, so it makes sense on a lot of levels.

Not going to cry myself to sleep on missing out as I reckon we still need to hit the draft hard for one more year ideally, to get those long-term foundations in place.

Shiel:

yeah that actually really shits me, why didnt the essendon players take him out for a coffee at tullamarine 7-11 for a 1 dollar latte where he will be working

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is anyone else concerned over how the banker and negan were not on the same page

banker on radio this week: pick 4 off limits
negan next morning: every asset is on the table

the banker is not filling me with a lot of confidence and he's only just started.
not one bit of concern .... what is said in the media is litterally just noise... from what ive been told about this period is most of the stuff has already in part been sorted out so all the back and forth stuff and interviews etc are in part for publicity and to keep interest up during periods of nothing happening ... my guess is we knew three weeks aago Dylan was not coming to us but we had to at the very very least seem to be going hard to secure him

He goes to methendon he plays anzac day every year, dreamtime at the g every year etc etc

He comes to the saints he gets to play in.... ummmm..... give me a minute here....

The thought of paying millions of dollars to play in “big games” is mind blowing to me. Irresponsible even. But each to their own. Hope pies and tigs pump em every big game, really get his money’s worth

Essendon hey!?

Makes a lot of sense. They underperformed early in the year but then they looked a top 8 quality team from then on, and Shiel fills the major area they were lacking in, so it makes a lot of sense that he go there. I think their list is a lot more appealing and likely to really contend going forward than Hawthorns is and they're much closer than us or Carlton to contending and they ought to be able to satisfy GWS in a trade, so it makes sense on a lot of levels.

Not going to cry myself to sleep on missing out as I reckon we still need to hit the draft hard for one more year ideally, to get those long-term foundations in place.
Not having a dig at you ARR, but I hate this ‘we need to hit the draft hard’ talk when we literally only have pick 4 then nothing til 3 picks in the 60s :(

It really was the country game that got him over the line. Sheedy is even going to invent another bullshit marquee game for him.

With West Coast getting end of 1st round compensation for Lycett, and they already have 20, they now have 20 & 21. either will do for Tom Hickey.

Currently it is 22 & 23.

Last edited:
Essendon hey!?

You calm, eloquent bastard

its never been clearer that to get a seat at the table in acquiring these big name players that we need to play finals. the rest does not matter. until we do that it doesn't matter what draft picks we have. it doesn't matter how much salary cap we have.

essendon didnt make final last year, yet shiel decides they are better placed football wise, so it goes to show as long as you play finals in a recent time frame, you're a chance. despite the $$$ being less and the draft hand not being as strong.

but the reason our pick got bumped is because the team that did worse than us just lost their best player ....
in this situation i would rather be us and move one pick down then be GCS and have our best player walk out ...
Rubbish they screwed their cap and didn’t match Richmond’s offer or he would still be there, somehow that’s our problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back