List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the optimism but at the end of the day you can never have enough good midfielders. Shiel is exactly what the Bombers need and I think they'll push for top 4 now.
They should be close to a Premiership now. He’s exactly what they lack.

Wouldn't have minded moving pick 4 for Shiel, but not for Wingard. Don't see him coming to us anyway.

Hopefully we can get some of our deals done soon. Hannebery, Kent etc. I really hope we don't give WC Hickey for pick 39 because that would be stupid.

Ending up with no 2nd or 3rd round pick this year has hurt us a fair bit. Both of those trades were poor. Port really screwed us last year.

At the end of the day it's Lethlean's first year at the helm, it will probably take a couple of years for him to try to make some real shifts to the list. Maybe he'll ask around and see if any other players want to come our way, perhaps a surprise deal might happen late.

Ok im sold. Sorry Plug, Gringo.
Go the 200cm athletic beast fwd. He'll probably end up like 205.
The way i see it, we need mids, but by pick 4 most likely the 2 elite mids in Rankine and Walsh are gone. And Smith is just 50/50 going to turn elite.
Once King gets going none of our other Fwds will be that good.
We can pick up a good mid with pick 1 or so for the next couple years. But in a few years time whem King is a guaranteed 50+ a year fwd. We'll be set.
Im actually happy we missed on shiel at 1.3
Who out of our fwds can we feel confident in a 50+ season. None.
Piss Bruce off. Members is ok but we expect too much. Marshall? Yeah maybe. Probably not.
We got good bit players. Start the real build around King. Draft couple more elite mids after this year and an elite distributer off half back and were away.

No I don't know what the pitch was I was just commenting as a supporter.
I think it definitely would be a contributing factor, same as the fact that the Giants boys wanted to stick together to win the clubs first flag before salary cap issues caved in. But we can agree to disagree.

Absolutely.
Won’t be the first or last time on this board.
Funnily enough I’m surprisingly ( stupidly?) upbeat about not landing Shiel - in my heart of hearts I’m pleased we still have pick 4.

I do, however, have two Bombers supporters in my house who are pretty smug presently o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The deflation on this board is a bit worrying.
If we were really hanging our hat on Dylan Shiel I suggest some look at his body of work over the last few years.
Would have quickly become a whipping boy when our expectations weren’t matched by his ability.
Take 4 to the draft - it should never have been an option in the first place. Especially not for one of Shiel’s attributes and ability.

Ok im sold. Sorry Plug, Gringo.
Go the 200cm athletic beast fwd. He'll probably end up like 205.
The way i see it, we need mids, but by pick 4 most likely the 2 elite mids in Rankine and Walsh are gone. And Smith is just 50/50 going to turn elite.
Once King gets going none of our other Fwds will be that good.
We can pick up a good mid with pick 1 or so for the next couple years. But in a few years time whem King is a guaranteed 50+ a year fwd. We'll be set.
Im actually happy we missed on shiel at 1.3
Who out of our fwds can we feel confident in a 50+ season. None.
Piss Bruce off. Members is ok but we expect too much. Marshall? Yeah maybe. Probably not.
We got good bit players. Start the real build around King. Draft couple more elite mids after this year and an elite distributer off half back and were away.

The point is if we are building around him it will take a fair few years. Not sure we have that with a couple of players. By the way don't be sorry. It certainly makes sense if we had drafted so many tall players over the last few years.

Just for your information I said I heard it where as another poster said the Saints were sacking Richo if they didn't make finals. See the difference. yes there is a difference. Now I will let you have your say.
I just didn't realise you were a ITK and hadn't read where Stkilda had said they were not chasing Scully.

Absolutely.
Won’t be the first or last time on this board.
Funnily enough I’m surprisingly ( stupidly?) upbeat about not landing Shiel - in my heart of hearts I’m pleased we still have pick 4.

I do, however, have two Bombers supporters in my house who are pretty smug presently o_O
Hey either way you slice it we were in a strong position. Either land Shiel or keep pick 4. Just need to nail our first pick now.

Let's do some dodgy back room deals...

Grab smith / rankine at 4

Get in big Max's ear and tell him we will bring him over in 2 years with his bra. Unless of course they turn out to be potatoes ;)

images-29.jpg

We’re more like a bunch of pimply faced 19 year old virgins hanging around in the shadows hoping for some low hanging fruit (and buying them $25 cocktails)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shiel might not have been a supermodel but he was at least a Kmart catalogue model. We need to give $25 cocktails to the hottest looking girl that works at Kmart and hope she gets tipsy enough or go to Tindr and hope we can draft a hot chick who will get Stockholm syndrome and stay with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back