List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Name a worse one

I don't expect them to be any worse and have lots of kids that could come on. Need older players IMO and not stars, good soldiers who teach commitment and grunt. They were missing a lot of the players they are losing for most of the year.

With all these late picks being traded for good players, when normally they would be traded for higher picks; has got me thinking is this a super draft? Not many have traded out of the top 30.

Super Draft 2018?

We will have natural improvement.

Let’s be honest, our list is terrible

Not terrible, just bland and too much meh and not enough top end. We could get some serious improvement by getting back players and step ups from some who stalled.

I know freo have been royal dicks this trade period.

But **** me what a disaster it would be to lose Hogan if you are Melbourne and what a win for Freo.

I feel sick at the thought of losing Nick at 23 to a QLD club. What’s worse is they will underplay the significance but he is one talented player.
I’d be 100% with you except that Melbourne seems to be very comfortable with a trade.
Effectively for a backman.
Even seemed to be encouraging the idea (giving Hogan permission to tour the Freo facility).
Not sure that the MFC sees it as a disaster.

Shouldn’t have said liar if I did. I don’t think I did by the way. You were just wrong with your comment. Again happy for you to prove me wrong. 5th in the b and f. Very close to second. Side finished top 4 before finals. 14 Brownlow votes. More stats than any other season. Did kick less behinds than one season though.

I thought JOM was only good rather than great. Compared to the player he looked like he might be before injury he was disappointing. He looked like he could be the greatest player of all time when he burst on to the scene. Mitchell was amazing in comparison and pretty much overshadowed every other Hawk.

Why do I keep reading that North are trading well, and North will play finals next year?

They have recruited a 28yo downhill skiing NEAFL player, a fringe Melbourne mid at his 3rd club and Port Adelaide's half back flankers.

They traded a good young mid in Ryan Clarke & a promising ruck in Pruess (thanks Longermembery) for a packet of chips, and there is a reason other clubs would avoid picking Thomas if available to them to draft. Then they will be drafting in the 40s at the earliest.

So they missed out on Gaff, Kelly, Swallow & De Goey and got Hall, Polec, Tyson & Pittard, but are somehow doing well? That is the next Watts, Motlop, Rockliff & Thomas at best. Quantity does not = quality.

In 2018, 4 of the top 10 in Norths B+F were over 30 (including 2 of the top 4)
Another 2 are over 28 next year, with two more over 26.
Next year the only players they will have under 24 that look even passible are Ahern, Simpkin and LDU.

With the list profile of a top 4 team they have gone 8th, 15th, 9th in the last 3 years. They will be 8-12 next year at best, and then will lose Higgins, Tarrant, Thompson and Goldstein with Ziebell a year or two after that.

What are they doing? Topping up to stay mid table for one more year and maybe crack 8th? These trades may delay the cliff another year or two, but it is coming and coming hard.

Hawks show you are better to reset than bottom out to attract players. All are going to fill list deficiencies. I don't mind what they have done.

Unpopular post warning:

I am more interested in pick 5 than i am in May. 2019 1st and Bruce for 5.

GC get Bruce to hold down #1 key fwd spot whilst JL finds his feet.

We get 2 of king, smith and rozee whilst trading out of an area we have excess in.

I don't give 2 fecks if they get a top 3 pick out off us next year. We set ourselves up for 10 years. This can be our buddy / roughie or Pendles / Daisy moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Hannebery ruck?
Scully a strong chance to not play footy again ... GWS make out of this like bandits . remove a huge salary for a guy who will be in the medical room the whole year ... for the hawks this is the type of pick they can afford to do , if scully comes good they are seen as heros and praise will be heaped on them by all if scully never plays it will be seen as worth the risk ....

I'll remind you of that when Scully plays in the next Hawks premiership.

If he'd come to us GWS would've wanted a first rounder... and we'd have paid it

I'm so over this trade period...again !

Another year of supposed aggressive trading and 4 trade threads on here later for what ?

Hannebery that we knew about a month ago and at a significant cost and some Kent from Melbourne that no one really cares about. Oh and we traded out Hickey leaving us with a nice selection of spud rucks.

Now watch us use Pick 4 on someone that no one else has looked at because he 'fits a need'. Too bad he has only one leg and leprosy.

I'll remind you of that when Scully plays in the next Hawks premiership.

If he'd come to us GWS would've wanted a first rounder... and we'd have paid it

I'm so over this trade period...again !

Another year of supposed aggressive trading and 4 trade threads on here later for what ?

Hannebery that we knew about a month ago and at a significant cost and some Kent from Melbourne that no one really cares about. Oh and we traded out Hickey leaving us with a nice selection of spud rucks.

Now watch us use Pick 4 on someone that no one else has looked at because he 'fits a need'. Too bad he has only one leg and leprosy.

LOL melt much? Hanners barely cost anything. Money is not an issue.

Kent is definitely an upgrade on Weller

We will have natural improvement.

Let’s be honest, our list is terrible
I don’t agree with this, I think we can turn things around pretty quickly.

Ankle must be more cooked than Ben Cousins brain.
Certainly looks stuffed :eek:

v7faj8.jpg

I thought JOM was only good rather than great. Compared to the player he looked like he might be before injury he was disappointing. He looked like he could be the greatest player of all time when he burst on to the scene. Mitchell was amazing in comparison and pretty much overshadowed every other Hawk.

The problem is nothing backs that up. We thought he was great because of what he had done in his first 2 years but the point is this year was his best year and considering he basically hadn't played for a couple of years it was very good. It was very good anyway.

Unpopular post warning:

I am more interested in pick 5 than i am in May. 2019 1st and Bruce for 5.

GC get Bruce to hold down #1 key fwd spot whilst JL finds his feet.

We get 2 of king, smith and rozee whilst trading out of an area we have excess in.

I don't give 2 fecks if they get a top 3 pick out off us next year. We set ourselves up for 10 years. This can be our buddy / roughie or Pendles / Daisy moment.
I think for the same reason we want it they want it more even with Bruce.

Graham Wright being interviewed by McClure on trade radio & said the Scully deal is part of a larger deal that will get done tomorrow. McClure the poor interviewer that he is didn’t probe. Any idea what Wright was referring to?!
They are getting Kelly and Whitfield for a 2021 third rounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back