List Mgmt. 2018 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - The Early Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I for one agree with Brayshaw :thumbsupemoji:

Go and get that big bastard from north and he'll crack in without fuss until we can lure English or draft another long term Nicnat replacement.

Even better is that he can do it solo, so we don't have to carry Vardy each week. Preuss is hands down the best ruck option for mine.

Roughead is undersized and meh, Hickey smells, Lobb isn't a ruckmans anus and always look like he's about to cry when he's walking back to the centre circle to take the next ruck contest he's that keen. Cameron? Nah, nothing says he's AFL quality yet.

Alternatively there is Zac Clarke, who I don't mind personally, but I don't think it would be our style to pick him up :shrug:
Preuss and Clarke in tandem and Vardy in reserve sounds pretty good. If we're gonna lose Gaff to North it seems the best option, especially if we can wrangle pick 10 on top.
Edit: Okay maybe Clarke as a backup then. Would hate to lose Slyce, and then pick up Preuss only for him to injure himself

Last edited:
Preuss and Clarke in tandem and Vardy in reserve sounds pretty good. If we're gonna lose Gaff to North it seems the best option, especially if we can wrangle pick 10 on top.
Yuck. Much Rather Vardy as a back up as started his career as a forward.

Get Vards to shed a few kilos as he is mobile enough to play as a KPF.

Preuss and Clarke in tandem and Vardy in reserve sounds pretty good. If we're gonna lose Gaff to North it seems the best option.
Vardy and Preuss could work. Vardy as fwd/ruck with Preuss battering oppo rucks to wear them down is pretty sexy imo.

Preuss/Clark sounds gross. Sorry.

Zac clarke will be 29 before the seasons starts next year . Anything more than a 4th rounder seems a waste for a 2 year ruck with a bad injury history .

Maybe a rookie pick

Pruess would be a great get we have a very good history of developing ruckman. Gardiner, Cox, Seaby, Nic Nat, Lycett and Sinclair is a fantastic record for the last 20~ years

I would not be surprised if the Eagles matched the Gaff offer and kept him on the list tbh... sounds like something we would do.

Makes sense if we are in the window and can’t retain key players by natural means.

Some teams top up for their shot at glory, we just need to overpay the ones we got.

I suspect we have more than a few on our list that consider team starts with a I.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North posters keep saying if we match then they just walk away from the trade .
Would be an interesting predicament for North if we match. Port want there first rounder for Polec so they'll likely have to walk away from one deal to complete the other.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

“Nah nah f u Gaffy didn’t really want you. We offer everyone 1.1 mill over 7 years.”

It's almost sounding like they do offer everyone that sort of cash.

When you look at their list though, they shouldn’t have too many guys on big cash... Brown, Ziebell (only because he’s captain) and Higgins realistically.

Would Brown be on big cash? Signed an extension late last year I recall, doubt it was on massive coin.

I wouldn’t be too fussed if north walked away from the Gaff trade if we matched. It’d take some doing, but I have complete faith that Rawlings and the crew would have accounted for that and would be able to do some restructuring.

Keeping gaff should be our priority, as dual AA wingman don’t come around all that often. If it means slyce moves on and we have to have a few average rucks running around so be it.

Yep, I reckon Lycett will go now and that cash will secure Gaff.

Yeah Lycett informed Wce early last week apparently WCE demanded to know his intentions so they could prepare for a replacement..Port have offered $600 K a year ..

That’s why Roughead flew into Perth on Friday for the tour of the facilities ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am starting to warm to the prospect of going into to 2019 with Vardy & Roughead as our ruckman.

This would give us some decent versatility too.

Vardy is Ruck/Forward and Roughead has played down back while at the Bulldogs.

With this option we can always play 2 talls down back and 2 up front. We can swing Vardy or Roughead into key position spots if needed.

We will then have money to either A keep Gaff but still have some cash left over or B have a lot of cash left over and go hard for Congilio next year.

Lycett is worth the money he is on now but if clubs are willing to pony up 800+ for him then i am fine with him leaving. Having him and Nic Nat on 1.5-1.8million between them for 2019 is bad business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back