Review 2018 VFL Grand Final: Box Hill Hawks def Casey Demons: sore losers see red

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Woody, get him to Box Hill next year if he doesn't get drafted.

He is working for Collingwood and plays for the VFL Magpies. Can't see him leaving.

Pretty sure Whitey played in a previous Box Hill premiership, did he not?

No. Did his knee the week before the Hawks won the VFL premiership the last time before today.

He is working for Collingwood and plays for the VFL Magpies. Can't see him leaving.

He's really happy there too. Glad for him because he deserves a career in footy, even if it's just a part-time gig right now.

Great win Box Hill
Timed the win perfectly for television.
Great game by Pitto.

Thanks for dropping by with that sugar neighbour.

Your club and all affiliates are shit.

Imagine growing up having to support Melbourne. I'd probably fight my old man. :$:$:$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woohoo up the Hawkers!!!
Loved the TV coverage, and pleased the presentations were shown also, albeit on 7mate which took a few seconds to figure out how to get to...

Loved Whitey's kid absolutely not having a bar of being presented with his old man's medal around his neck :D

The headlines:

“Another Heartbreaking Melbourne Loss”.

;)
Surely, "Just another heartbreaking Melbourne loss" captures the sense of inevitability. futility and apathy a bit better?

Great win!

Does anyone have a definitive reason why Worpel and Nash didn't play?

I hope it was to let the lads who’d worked their guts out over 3 tough elimination finals finish the job. Would have been brutally unfair for some of those Box Hill listed lads to miss out today.

I feel for any team in the Hawthorn franchise. Casey demons lost, meaning it's been 54 years since the Melbourne franchise has tasted premiership success.

But poor hawthorn had to wait 120 minutes since its last premiership.

I hope it was to let the lads who’d worked their guts out over 3 tough elimination finals finish the job. Would have been brutally unfair for some of those Box Hill listed lads to miss out today.

Good point, although the other blokes might have felt differently if they'd lost, so must have been a difficult decision to make. Bit harsh on Nash too, who while didn't help with the finals, has played most of his footy over the last two years at Box Hill. We could have swapped them for Hawk listed players and still left the Box Hill listed players in. In any case, probably a fair decision all things considered. I certainly wouldn't have liked being the one giving the bad news to the guys that had to make way to fit them in.

Premiers! Wow what a great day. Feel amazing for WhiteX and Mirra. At the end of the game CJ took a selfie with me. The woman were great as well. Its great. I love this club so much!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel for any team in the Hawthorn franchise. Casey demons lost, meaning it's been 54 years since the Melbourne franchise has tasted premiership success.

May I remind you that they DID win the AFLX, can't be that bad and it's something I am sure they'll look back fondly on throughout this century

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2018 VFL Grand Final: Box Hill Hawks def Casey Demons: sore losers see red

Remove this Banner Ad

Back