Smith
Head
Wade
Paine
Neser
Pattinson
Starc
Hazlewood

Starc batting at 10 is quite deep batting.

Please no Mitch Marsh. I get people's reasoning, but the trouble is we've still got people in charge with an all-rounder addiction. A scratchy 20 or 30 and a few handy overs at The Oval would be enough to keep him in the side for a year. Don't y'all remember last time?

If we need more bowling resource, pick another bowler. Drop Head and shuffle everyone up one. Cummo and Starco are genuine #8's anyway and Lyon and Haze are genuine #10's. It's not like we've got Tuffers, Dilley and Jim Higgs down there.

Isn't Nesser decent with the stick?

Please no more calls for Bancroft.

At the moment we have 2 capable test match batsman (plus Usman) who are opening but just way out of form and confidence. Things that can be rectified.

Bancroft does not have the game for test match opening even in form.

I'm hoping Cummins isn't rested. Got a bet on him for most series wickets for us + Smith Runs/Cummins wickets. It's worth an interstate trip with a win so for selfish reasons, Cummins does not need a rest!

I'm hoping Cummins isn't rested. Got a bet on him for most series wickets for us + Smith Runs/Cummins wickets. It's worth an interstate trip with a win so for selfish reasons, Cummins does not need a rest!

He's 5 or 6 ahead that's a lot!

Weird stuff. Surely you roll the dice with some random county performers and young guns like Sibley and Foakes if you're England.

Guess they are just hoping that their picks fire before their next series. Honestly Ed Smith has to go.

Regarding Australia, I would give Warner one last chance. If he fails, back to SS and we audition during SS for openers which allows Burns, Renshaw, Harris and so on to get some form going into the Pakistani series.

Or we can not play Marsh who is an utter diabolical spud!
Agreed but you know they're looking at any reason to bring him in. Paine is just as much a liability as Marsh IMO

"Nice" Tim has spent a lot of money on a PR firm to get the media to constantly defend & praise him the last 18 months I think. Should never have been there. Should bat at 9 below Starc & Cummins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marsh has scored runs in the tour to be fair. Might as well pick him when he's in form than not.

Marsh has scored runs in the tour to be fair. Might as well pick him when he's in form than not.

Or not thank you!

Once bitten, never again.

The Marsh spuds are the ultimate tease

To be fair, most of the batting this series made people want to pick MMarsh. Then again it's just shuffling the deckchairs.

Should just pick Pukovski then and be done with it. If you are good enough you are old enough

Should just pick Pukovski then and be done with it. If you are good enough you are old enough
99547 posts Luke? I reckon by the completion of the next test you will have well and truly cracked the 100,000. My genuine and heartiest congratulations in advance. Just in case I forget. You obviously love your cricket.

Compelling argument. I’ll pass that on to the selectors. Must admit I’d love to see him finish with 30 plus wickets for the series. Great bowler. Seems like a really nice guy as well. Sort of bloke a mum would like to see her daughter bring home. Bit of man love coming to the fore here.

People suggesting batsman over marsh are completely missing the point.

Neser is a viable alternative

But we need someone who can bowl 10/12 overs in a day

Marsh is highly capable with the ball - the unfortunate side is smith never bowled him before the 70th over and to set batsman - so his stats don’t show his true worth

His batting is ordinary and found out - but he’s no Robinson Crusoe there

Funny stuff from KP taking a massive dump on Leach:
Jack Leach mickey-taking must stop

It’s doing my head in that a bloke who's supposed to win games for England is becoming a laughing stock.

You've got people in the stands taking the mickey out of him, wearing masks and fake glasses. Commentators are talking about his Specsavers deal.

England are losing an Ashes series and he's only taken eight wickets at 30 in three Test matches. It doesn’t look like he's troubled anyone. It just annoys me.

During the TV coverage they showed that video of him showing everybody how he got his one run at Headingley.

Now I'm not saying that you don’t do these things. It can be good for team spirit to have a bit of fun. But from my side, I want to win.

I don't want to see the crowd talking about how funny he is, or how funny that run was, or Specsavers. I want to see him producing on the field and I want to see him winning matches for England with his bowling.

When we beat Australia, Graeme Swann took big wickets for us. For Australia, Shane Warne and now Nathan Lyon take big wickets.

We had Monty Panesar. But Monty, who everybody laughed at when he fielded the ball, knocked over the likes of Tendulkar and Sehwag. He got big Australian wickets.

When we beat India in India, he and Swann bowled beautifully. Yes, some people laughed, but he was still doing his job.

Jack Leach isn't doing his job.

So what does he want to be remembered as? Does he want to be remembered as this funny guy who can hold a bat, or as a match-winner for England?

Just hope we bat 4 days and Paine comes out on to the balcony to an expected declaration but cracks a beer when the camera comes onto him he puts on Jack Leech’s glasses

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 5th Ashes Test 12-17 September - The Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back