2019 AFL Crowds & Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a very strong crowd for the time slot and given poor weather. Regarding ANZAC Day I think the damage is done. I may be wrong however I suspect the fans gave them a final chance yesterday. They went along rightfully expecting a strong effort and a win. They walk away angry, confused and bewildered as to how a talented list can be so pathetic. They will get flogged by Melbourne next week (at least they had 71 forward entries - just need to sort out method). Then will struggle to pull 30,000 against the Lions the following Saturday at the MCG (could’ve been a really big crowd if Essendon were going nicely).

I believe the fan base is justifiably very angry and bewildered and this will be reflected at the gate. Yes it’s only round 2... However the supporters have had enough this time I suspect. You could sense (hear) it in the stands yesterday. It’s like Richmond all those years for Essendon. It’s a wonder they actually draw such great crowds regularly.
The Bombers fans always turn up there will 50k of them on Anzac day if it's there home game. But I could be wrong this time??

The Bombers fans always turn up there will 50k of them on Anzac day if it's there home game. But I could be wrong this time??
I doubt you will get all home seatholders and it’s big MCC walk up support a team that will probably be 5 goals down by qtr time and get done by 10! That’s what many think will probably likely happen. I don’t know if the masses will want to go through it again.

Why would you not go if you have paid for ticket or membership?
Surely you would at least onsell it or give it away meaning bum on seat.
It will be 90+
Because it’s no fun going to the football to watch your team go through the motions and get flogged. It’s actually not very enjoyable.

Because it’s no fun going to the football to watch your team go through the motions and get flogged. It’s actually not very enjoyable.
I support gold coast. I still enjoy going. Alwsys something going on with a new player or positioning or even just to watch stars on opposing team. If i have paid my $ im going

Wonder what are the AFL app/Foxtel Go ratings for every match are? I'm watching our match on my phone because my housemate has the living room and then I'll be heading to Suns v Freo as a neutral later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I support gold coast. I still enjoy going. Alwsys something going on with a new player or positioning or even just to watch stars on opposing team. If i have paid my $ im going
Agree. That’s how I felt in 2016 when we lost our entire team. I actually went every week with basically no expectation of winning. I just went to see Tippunwuti charging off the half backline kicking it to Daniher and Fantasia (remember that - I have almost forgotten the joy). But that’s what you do when you are aligned with where your teams act...

Now we can argue how good Essendon are.. Whatever our view, they should be much better than what they’re doing on the park. With the rightful expectation of playing finals, to see what’s going on presently is soul destroying after what the Bomber fans have endured the last 6 years, and in reality the last 15 years. Hence the realistic drop in attendance must be expected.

Still footy is unpredictable and can change quickly. Right now the Bomber fans are rightfully disappointed and angry.

Maybe it’s a bit like the cricket and they had people coming in and out throughout the day. I doubt there were 53,000 in there at any one time, there were too many vacant seats. Either way an incredible crowd and something to be very proud of.

Maybe it’s a bit like the cricket and they had people coming in and out throughout the day. I doubt there were 53,000 in there at any one time, there were too many vacant seats. Either way an incredible crowd and something to be very proud of.

Given there's no passouts then I assume people come and go through the gates and are counted as a separate person each time. Looked like about 45k.

But you're right - the AFL cop a lot of shit about the AFLW, but overall they've done a very good job. I'm channel surfing on Fox and there's a final of the women's super rugby on right now and there's literally no-one there. Maybe a few hundred on the camera side. It's chalk and cheese.

The question now is whether the AFL can monetise it and provide for decent wages for players. As good as that crowd is, it's probably cost a hundred grand for the league in security and cleaning costs (and that's assuming they got the ground rent free).

Makes all the other female football codes look mickey mouse including the Soccer Matildas!

This comp will go from strength to strength over the next ten years.

50k paying attendance for the Matildas, but dont let a google search stop your 'wind from the Khyber' :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
...... great crowd for the Crows girls, a merit based GF location :thumbsu::thumbsu: well done to SA footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 AFL Crowds & Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back