2019 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thommo always has his heart in the right place but like almost every other time he has put his hand up to coach he will have commitment issues.
Heart says help the boys and back pocket says must sell cars, most of the time cars win. Will probably only be coach via proxy.

Major problem at the tiges is that they are run by those that only hold committee positions to ensure the right of passage for their own offspring. O'Sullivan will only serve long enough to see if young Jack (who by the way very talented but selfish) makes it into the big league, whilst his older brothers do as they wish, coming and going every other week in order to advance themselves before the club, Davies and Strawhorn were others , At junior level I get it, it's natural at senior level that's another thing all together.
Latest thing they want to spend their bailout money on, is updating the canteen.
What they really need to spend money on at that club is a mediator that is able to put to bed the rift between the old North and South, Public and Private school backgrounds, culture at this club stinks.
Your kidding arent you ?
They want to upgrade the canteen?
Deal with what you have , they are in no position to be doing unesessary matinance !
If this is there attitude they are going to be sitting down the bottom of the ladder for a long time to come

Top 5 - Eaglehawk, Gisborne, Strathfieldsaye, Golden Square, Sandhurst

Grand Final - Eagehawk Storm

Premiership - Eagleawk

Michaelson - K Geary

Ron Best - L Sharp (115)

Top 5: Hawks, Storm, Gisborne, Square, Hurst

Grand final (same as last year) Hawks v Storm

Slider: Kyneton

Michelsen: K. Geary Ron Best Medal: K. Antonowicz 81

Your kidding arent you ?
They want to upgrade the canteen?
Deal with what you have , they are in no position to be doing unesessary matinance !
If this is there attitude they are going to be sitting down the bottom of the ladder for a long time to come

The canteen upgrade was a) necessary, and b) did not cost a penny to the club, was paid for by a local government grant in conjunction with assistance from generous local businesses who sponsor the club

Thought i’d take the young fella to go have a look at gisborne vs sunbury practice match on saturday.
I can guarantee one thing this year that pat mckenna will create havoc this season.
You could tell how much he had learnt being in the afl system , his decision making and running to the right spots was a cut above anyone else on the ground.

I left 10 minutes into the 3rd qtr and gisborne were up by a few goals.

Top 3 for the dogs this season ( and would not be at all suprised if they went all the way) clinton young has them absolutely humming

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought i’d take the young fella to go have a look at gisborne vs sunbury practice match on saturday.
I can guarantee one thing this year that pat mckenna will create havoc this season.
You could tell how much he had learnt being in the afl system , his decision making and running to the right spots was a cut above anyone else on the ground.

I left 10 minutes into the 3rd qtr and gisborne were up by a few goals.

Top 3 for the dogs this season ( and would not be at all suprised if they went all the way) clinton young has them absolutely humming
Be great for the League if Gisborne we're back up there in a big way. I think Flat will play finals and the Dragons will need some youngsters coming through to develop quickly if we are going to make the 5 again.

Be great for the League if Gisborne we're back up there in a big way. I think Flat will play finals and the Dragons will need some youngsters coming through to develop quickly if we are going to make the 5 again.

I have a similar view Dragon Fly. It is a question of where Flat will finish.

Eaglehawk, Strath & Gisborne all look really strong and will be there again in September. I just cannot see Square not making the finals again, especially the way they have recruited. The first team inline to drop out of the top 5 from 2018 is Kyneton as they have lost too many good players. (Square will effectively swop places with them).

South Bendigo have also lost some really good players so I don't see them getting there. It looks like Castlemaine and Maryborough will improve which is great, but finals is a bridge too far as this stage. All three of them and Kyneton can hopefully cause some upsets during the year though, especially at home.

That leaves the Dragons v Flat for a finals spot so the opening round game at home for Flat will be a big indicator of where these teams are at. Flat will improve for sure,the question is will it be enough.

What a piss poor effort by the Addy with the presentation of the Senior football sides today, and no Reserves or Thirds mentioned at all. Once a great paper now gone to shit.
Cannot say I've seen them, not subscribing just to read the local teams! If local teams can provide the teams to the Addy, they should also be able to upload them into Sporting Pulse.

albury ..... forget flat for the finals --- four 2019 wins for them would be tops they might beat maine and maryboro but kyneton a touch unrealistic langy on top in ruck but mids poor ... south might be the challengers for the 5th spot but need horbury to stay fit

albury ..... forget flat for the finals --- four 2019 wins for them would be tops they might beat maine and maryboro but kyneton a touch unrealistic langy on top in ruck but mids poor ... south might be the challengers for the 5th spot but need horbury to stay fit

I watched Flat v Sandhurst. Flat were very good in the first quarter and reasonable in the second, then they just stopped dead. They were very wasteful in front of goal early. They also did not have their big gun Boland - he may have made a difference. (Anyone know the story with him). I wouldn't write them off, but they really needed to do much better. Lloyd Needs goal was sensational.To me he spent too much time on the bench. This kid is one to watch.

I may have been too quick to discount South, need to assess them against one of the big guns but they do seem to have some potential.

Eaglehawk looked way too fast for South Bendigo today. South’s fitness a worry with a few of their players going down with cramp from halfway through the third quarter. Jared Pertzel looked a lively addition to the reigning premier’s list!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back