2019 Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Gould. Excellent footskills and decision making. Could use his body a bit more though... for someone his size you'd expect him to be crashing everyone. Still looks like he isn't afraid to throw himself around when required.

Probably a good sign he has the body he does yet doesn't have to rely on it to have an impact. Once he does though.... Poor opponents.

No offence but given you're missing a kidney and your balls I'm not sure if you're the best judge ;)

I'd be inclined to agree with you though but would have Cox in the same tier as Smith and Wooller, if not a little further ahead. This is a huge season for him though.

Dodongo needs to correct you. It's ball. Dodongo only staked Dodongo's left nut which is now a golden synthetic one. Could be a name of a bond movie. The man with the golden ball

Very little leaks, no real discontent, successful rebuild in short space of time, happiest team as rated by the AFLPA survey, no need to follow the early draft picks because we finished bottom 4. Oh and the tough decisions on who to cut because of success and the lowest injury toll in the AFL. What a boring shitty off season it is.

Maybe we should start a poll for which team we, as a collective board, should follow for the off-season to get more interest back into it? GC seems a no-brainer, but I feel the Saints and Freo offer more room for controversy to pique people's interest.

Dodongo needs to correct you. It's ball. Dodongo only staked Dodongo's left nut which is now a golden synthetic one. Could be a name of a bond movie. The man with the golden ball
Your right one would obvously be Thunderball
"Goldennut, I've found his weakness
Goldennut, he'll do what I please..."

I think the thing with Gould is assessing his development scope to push through the midfield at AFL level once he’s worked on his running capacity. Or does he just remain the general in defence type? I think he’s a relatively safe pick.

He’s certainly someone I’d be very interested in.

I think the thing with Gould is assessing his development scope to push through the midfield at AFL level once he’s worked on his running capacity. Or does he just remain the general in defence type? I think he’s a relatively safe pick.

He’s certainly someone I’d be very interested in.
I wouldn’t be drafting Gould with any expectation of him being able to push in to the midfield long term.

He might be able to attend some centre bounces and stoppages, but ideally he pushes Birchall, Gardiner and Witherden for a spot in the best 22, maybe even Marcus Adams in his first year, or couple of years.

Long term he’s takes over from either Birchall or Rich. And he’s excellent cover for Gardiner if he has shoulder problems in the future.

He won’t be gifted games, but he can genuinely push for a spot in the best 22 from round one next season.

Just my opinion of course.

Hey, I've been selected to represent Brisbane in the 2019 WCE Mock Draft. I haven't really been following the upcoming draft as much as others, so I could use some help in figuring out who the Lions would select.

Who would you take at each of your picks?

Hey, I've been selected to represent Brisbane in the 2019 WCE Mock Draft. I haven't really been following the upcoming draft as much as others, so I could use some help in figuring out who the Lions would select.

If Will Gould is available pounce on him like a starving seagull on a chip

Unless a highly rated player slides I would be going with-

16- Will Gould > Miles Bergman > Trent Rivers.
21- If none of the above slide, Elijah Taylor > Jay Rantall > Dylan Williams.

If no one has bid on one of our academy boys and he isn't gone I would go for Kysaiah Pickett at our next, Keidean Coleman is a must for me as an academy boy and Noah Cumberland with our last selection or as a rookie.

If somehow Luke Jackson was still available at 16 - snap him up in a heartbeat.
And Will Gould at 21 or someone with pace and good ball use.

Very little leaks, no real discontent, successful rebuild in short space of time, happiest team as rated by the AFLPA survey, no need to follow the early draft picks because we finished bottom 4. Oh and the tough decisions on who to cut because of success and the lowest injury toll in the AFL. What a boring shitty off season it is.

Simply saying I miss footy. But interpret things how you will in order to meet your own agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wouldn’t be drafting Gould with any expectation of him being able to push in to the midfield long term.

He might be able to attend some centre bounces and stoppages, but ideally he pushes Birchall, Gardiner and Witherden for a spot in the best 22, maybe even Marcus Adams in his first year, or couple of years.

Long term he’s takes over from either Birchall or Rich. And he’s excellent cover for Gardiner if he has shoulder problems in the future.

He won’t be gifted games, but he can genuinely push for a spot in the best 22 from round one next season.

Just my opinion of course.

I’ve got no doubt his best position is always going to be down back. But he’s the type that will have clubs looking at his ability to push up through the middle with his size and skill set.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 16: Will Gould > Miles Bergman > Luke Jackson > Cooper Stephens.

Pick 21: if the above are all gone. Will Day > Trent Rivers > Trent Bianco > Jay Rantall.

Pick 34: Jay Rantall > Sam Philp > Kysiah Pickett.

Pick 42: Keidean Coleman.

Pick 52: Noah Cumberland.

Pick 16: Will Gould > Miles Bergman > Luke Jackson > Cooper Stephens.

Pick 21: if the above are all gone. Will Day > Trent Rivers > Trent Bianco > Jay Rantall.

Pick 34: Jay Rantall > Sam Philp > Kysiah Pickett.

Pick 42: Keidean Coleman.

Pick 52: Noah Cumberland.
I read Bergman only got 4 touches in one of the finals........bit of a worry or perhaps injury? A draft guru raised it as a concern somewhere in one of his summaries. Dont remember who he was.

I read Bergman only got 4 touches in one of the finals........bit of a worry or perhaps injury? A draft guru raised it as a concern somewhere in one of his summaries. Dont remember who he was.
This was from me for Draft Central

6 Miles Bergman

Bergman had a very quiet game by his standards and was well held by Calder’s Ben Overman. Bergman’s poor game was not through lack of effort since he still led hard to provide an option up forward, it was disappointing that Sandringham did not move him into the middle in the last quarter to try and get him some touch going into their preliminary final next week. Bergman finished with four marks and four disposals.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back