List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

This post is exceptionally in the know, Heard from someone who would also know that the presentation blew the AFL away and upped the game on what they had expected significantly. Showed internal club issues appeared and for a number of years the football team suffered resulting in us being so far behind the eight-ball today. However the Administration and Football Departments now seem modelled on best practice and we are starting to come online! THIS HAS BEEN A PROCESS

A number of people involved in the club deserve a lot of praise today starting from the top with Mark and Tony, also heard Craig Cameron and his team played a huge part in this and some key consultants.

Think the AFL may actually have granted close to the 100% request, which means it's an absolutely outstanding day for the club and the fans. Hopefully the rest transpires and our team turns around, because the growth expectations would silence the "Relocate to Tasmania" and start the "AFLGifted Premiership".

Our Team has some cracking kids now, Will get Rowell and Anderson who love the idea of turning the club around and will add enough senior talent that the AFL will now expect we are competing for the 8 next year.

Brandon Ellis is a cracking lad and seen as someone who can unite the team. Would hope the club gives him some time to enjoy his reward before locking him in early.

Last one, Jack Martin / Brad Couch both taken in the minidraft a year apart (Maybe Jacks due for a breakout), at their best they are brilliant but have had trouble with consistency and injury. Seems like similar value right.

What a day, Go Suns!! Hope the boys stay for a premiership, this club suddenly looks brighter than some others!
THE LEGEND RETURNS. Welcome back sire

This post is exceptionally in the know, Heard from someone who would also know that the presentation blew the AFL away and upped the game on what they had expected significantly. Showed internal club issues appeared and for a number of years the football team suffered resulting in us being so far behind the eight-ball today. However the Administration and Football Departments now seem modelled on best practice and we are starting to come online! THIS HAS BEEN A PROCESS

A number of people involved in the club deserve a lot of praise today starting from the top with Mark and Tony, also heard Craig Cameron and his team played a huge part in this and some key consultants.

Think the AFL may actually have granted close to the 100% request, which means it's an absolutely outstanding day for the club and the fans. Hopefully the rest transpires and our team turns around, because the growth expectations would silence the "Relocate to Tasmania" and start the "AFLGifted Premiership".

Our Team has some cracking kids now, Will get Rowell and Anderson who love the idea of turning the club around and will add enough senior talent that the AFL will now expect we are competing for the 8 next year.

Brandon Ellis is a cracking lad and seen as someone who can unite the team. Would hope the club gives him some time to enjoy his reward before locking him in early.

Last one, Jack Martin / Brad Couch both taken in the minidraft a year apart (Maybe Jacks due for a breakout), at their best they are brilliant but have had trouble with consistency and injury. Seems like similar value right.

What a day, Go Suns!! Hope the boys stay for a premiership, this club suddenly looks brighter than some others!
I thought Skav was a myth!

If Brad Crouch, requests a trade to the Gold Coast Suns, Adelaide will ask the Suns for pick 1.
- Tom Morris, Fox Sports
yeah nah!!! - Ryan Bakker - 2019

I mean if you didn't ask you wouldn't be doing your job, And i would imagine the club will want to help them rebuild, but not at our expense

They prefer drinking and chasing tail as opposed to footy.
They want the footballer's lifestyle without the sacrifices that come with it.

From what i know our current list doesn't they love being together as a group and care about playing the best footy they can. They want success and premiership glory, Not Cash & Women. They will make the sacrifices. Such a shame a few boys left who also would have done this because they didn't see the future, Luckily 2 just Tasted premiership success.

Rather Harley Bennell on the rookie list. Bring him back home.

THink he ahs Sympathy and some at the club believe he was harshly treated, poorly managed and hung out to dry. Heard it could be on the cards and may be in Harley's hands now.

I mean if you didn't ask you wouldn't be doing your job, And i would imagine the club will want to help them rebuild, but not at our expense

From what i know our current list doesn't they love being together as a group and care about playing the best footy they can. They want success and premiership glory, Not Cash & Women. They will make the sacrifices. Such a shame a few boys left who also would have done this because they didn't see the future, Luckily 2 just Tasted premiership success.

THink he ahs Sympathy and some at the club believe he was harshly treated, poorly managed and hung out to dry. Heard it could be on the cards and may be in Harley's hands now.
NoW that would beat the Marlion Pickett story if Harley returned and helped us to premiership glory, winning the Normie.... OK now I might be dreaming a bit too much.

They were spot on. The most important assistance - extra salary cap - we did not get. We have to get some wins and quickly.

Surprised we didn't get a flat percentage even a low one. Could imagine a lack of sympathy due to property prices and COL being lower. while not privy i imagine our club must be disadvantaged with sponsorship "perks" that sit outside the cap.

On top of today's announcement this would put aside every disappointment of the year if it happened
Vies with Spitta as my all time fave Sun
Does he have a Twitter handle?
Let's get around him!!!

Rather half a Harley than a full Zac*

*Like the Club I'm on fire today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised we didn't get a flat percentage even a low one. Could imagine a lack of sympathy due to property prices and COL being lower. while not privy i imagine our club must be disadvantaged with sponsorship "perks" that sit outside the cap.
They can't stop the players from legacy Clubs getting outside dollars from endorsements etc, but it should all be declared and compared against all Clubs
The salary cap could then be adjusted on a yearly basis based on those figures

Jesus has returned. This board is holy again

Cody Weightman is someone Cal Twomey has linked us to and probably ranks early to mid 2nd Rd

Ticks a lot of boxes

Small fwd that can kick goals and tackle hard
A bit aggressive and go in him (Ballard like personality)
Likes to surf
Went to Haileybury with Ben King
Lives out on farm so doesn't have silver spoon up his ass

What’s everyone though on 15 and 20 for B Crouch ?

Points wise it = pick 5
Could ask for pick 28 back from the crows.
Points wise would then equally pick 11 I believe
I think the Melbourne media are under-selling him. We could fix our retention and reliance on perenial under-achievers that have been cycling through the club by being extremely bold this year. Offer something big and get both brothers. Imagine both Crouch's in our midfield and the development it would provide Firoini, Bowes and co, and at the same time bringing in Rowell and Anderson. Would get us out of the bottom 4 instantly. Would make Witts look even better with these mids around him. Our developing youngsters up forward will actually get an idea of what the ball coming in looks like with our midfield winning the footy, and our youngsters down back protected with our midfield not getting annihilated. Be bold now. Give up Lukosius, next years first and the pick 11 and back ourselves to improve so we aren't giving up pick 1.

Last edited:
I think the Melbourne media are under-selling him. We could fix our retention and reliance on perenial under-achievers that have been cycling through the club by being extremely bold this year. Offer something big and get both brothers. Imagine both Crouch's in our midfield and the development it would provide Firoini, Bowes and co, and at the same time bringing in Rowell and Anderson. Would get us out of the bottom 4 instantly. Would make Witts look even better with these mids around him. Our developing youngsters up forward will actually get an idea of what the ball coming in looks like with our midfield winning the footy, and our youngsters down back protected with our midfield not getting annihilated. Be bold now. Give up Lukosius, next years first and the pick 11 and back ourselves to improve so we aren't giving up pick 1.
You seriously want to give up Lukosius Pick 11 and next years 1st likely pick 1-5 for both crouch’s ?

Yes. They are both contracted. It would transform our club. You ever paid attention to how good those two are when we have played against them.
Yes I have watched them against us but have you watched them play against other teams ? And in big games ?

I can’t see how bringing in both Crouch brothers on big Monday would be good for our club.
You can’t fit them into a midfield without losing 2 or 3 of swallow fiorini Bowes Ainsworth Brodie miles miller.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back