2019 Finals ticketing info: ALL TICKETS DONE. Go cats Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah get f’ed.

I know its harder on a Friday night (and no doubt ive whinged on here numerous times about the traffic on a Friday night getting to Geelong)- but come on, its a ******* qualifying final.

Yeh, no excuses. I'll bet most of those going can't really afford it.
The surprise is the Pies number being so low too, given their rabid membership.
Maybe if the majority of seats available weren't so dumpster and Ticketek wasn't a circus.
Home final objectors voting with their wallets?

9k members showng up is poor IMO - so in a sense in criticising myself and my kids there.
Im not criticising them for not going - just saying that that number is poor.
Id go if I could - but clearly not possibe.

Could be many things... hard to get to, cost, inablitly to schedule time to make it and getting there by 830 makes it not worthwhile.
Finals fatigue if its such a thing... apathy.... **** you AFL component?

Regardless... if they get 90k and 20 k GFC supporters... its not going to sound good for our 22 out there.

Guess it shows the AFL how many actually make it to our "home finals"

GO Catters

9 thousand...
You gotta be s**tting me, that's horses**t.
It's a Qualifying Final against an old enemy FFS!
With the numbers sold yesterday between both clubs, no reason the game couldn't have been held at KP - they still would have had seats available for GA sales after club membership sales

With the numbers sold yesterday between both clubs, no reason the game couldn't have been held at KP - they still would have had seats available for GA sales after club membership sales

Yup it's a BS argument from the AFL.
When they say more "fans" can attend, what they really mean is corporates, MCC and AFL members, NOT fans (yes I'm aware a lot of fans have AFL memberships, but don't spoil my sooky little rant).

This is a little disappointing

"On Wednesday, more than 50 per cent of Cats allocated tickets were put on sale to the public after members failed to snap them up.
At the conclusion of the member pre-sale at 1pm Collingwood members had purchased approximately 16,500 tickets and Geelong members 9,000 tickets."
Could not be prouder of our fan base right now.
I for one am happy to see this, the AFL needs to get a strong message from us as a fan base that being treated as a second class citizen is not acceptable, and no, I haven't even bothered with this final. I'll watch on from the couch and not give the AFL a cent this finals series.

Could not be prouder of our fan base right now.
I for one am happy to see this, the AFL needs to get a strong message from us as a fan base that being treated as a second class citizen is not acceptable, and no, I haven't even bothered with this final. I'll watch on from the couch and not give the AFL a cent this finals series.

I get you POV and appreciate where you are coming from...

But I find it hard to think the players, administrators, coaches and staff who have put 1000s of hours into the season to get here, would think the protest by staying away when they want the support of their fan base would agree.

Again, not having a crack and I see what you are saying. Its a shitty situation that the AFL can fix but clearly choose not to.

GO Catters

IMHO .

Best seats after MCC and AFL members should go to cats and pies members should get first crack.

Ok we got tickets up in the celing next to the moon.

But today the general public can get better seats.
It costs more but still they get a chance at better seats.

We would be happy to pay for better seats.
But the way it works on line its a raffle the site freezes up or you get cut off.
You take whats on offer you could miss out.

Left the seats up in the moon for last sell the better seats first.

I get you POV and appreciate where you are coming from...

But I find it hard to think the players, administrators, coaches and staff who have put 1000s of hours into the season to get here, would think the protest by staying away when they want the support of their fan base would agree.

Again, not having a crack and I see what you are saying. Its a s**tty situation that the AFL can fix but clearly choose not to.

GO Catters
I won't judge those who have bought a ticket and gone, we're all capable of making our own decisions, but I think the jungle drums that have been beating for a while have just got a lot louder. Clearly the number of fans dissatisfied with the status quo has grown and many have reached that critical point where they say NO MORE.

IMHO .

Best seats after MCC and AFL members should go to cats and pies members should get first crack.

Ok we got tickets up in the celing next to the moon.

But today the general public can get better seats.
It costs more but still they get a chance at better seats.

We would be happy to pay for better seats.
But the way it works on line its a raffle the site freezes up or you get cut off.
You take whats on offer you could miss out.

Left the seats up in the moon for last sell the better seats first.

Agree, complete Irishman's raffle.
Clocked in at 9.00,. accepted at 9.30 and given the dodgiest seats behind the cheer squad.

I rejected, fighting the clock 'cos I'm slow, and then given Bay M50, AA.
Fairly choice seats. Why didn't they come up first?

Too bloody random for $200.....obviously not rotational. Ticketek just suck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, complete Irishman's raffle.
Clocked in at 9.00,. accepted at 9.30 and given the dodgiest seats behind the cheer squad.

I rejected, fighting the clock 'cos I'm slow, and then given Bay M50, AA.
Fairly choice seats. Why didn't they come up first?

Too bloody random for $200.....obviously not rotational. Ticketek just suck

Oi. You might think they're dodgy, but im over the moon with those seats. :p

I won't judge those who have bought a ticket and gone, we're all capable of making our own decisions, but I think the jungle drums that have been beating for a while have just got a lot louder. Clearly the number of fans dissatisfied with the status quo has grown and many have reached that critical point where they say NO MORE.

I'd really love to support your hypothesis here. But what about the poor uptake from Collingwood?
Maybe it's just the AFL overlords we all hate, their costs and putting us through hell to get there.

LOLZ Shell- they did come up under best available, so you might be right. But what they offered me was so close to the floggers I may have well just joined the cheer squad.

You are behind the cs tho. Is fine really- sitting right next to them in the next bay would be the worst spot.

Got these seats. They are restricted view because of the slightly higher raised fence. Cost only $35
542c978de053fd0f7340aab228ea3384.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got these seats. They are restricted view because of the slightly higher raised fence. Cost only $35
Sorry to break it to you, but those raised fences surround the cameraman.

Should still be cracking seats and a ripper game (don't get me wrong).

Sorry to break it to you, but those raised fences surround the cameraman.

Should still be cracking seats and a ripper game (don't get me wrong).

Do they always have a camera there though these days? I’m unsure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, any one interested in buying one adult single ticket to Geelong Cats v Collingwood, Section SQ56-1. Selling at cost price. For the event this Friday night.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Finals ticketing info: ALL TICKETS DONE. Go cats Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back