Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can get Frost and Laird and then pick up Finn(F/S)and somehow keep our first pick and get Deven Robertson from WA, then that would be a great off season. I think it is possible aswell.
Would need to be losing someone/a few to make that happen I would. Can’t see anyway we get Laird and keep our first.

There are a lot of articles saying Jack Martin is set to nominate for Blues, but I didn't see any official confirmation.

I remember the last lock being Coniglio and before that Shiel.

Brad Hill is a wing, not a small forward.

$700k is often media exaggeration.

We can train work rate and discipline as long as the talent is there.

This is the hypothetical trade thread right?:)

Confirmed Saints. Let's move on.
I don't think Hilly has had any signifcant injuries in his career thus far. Not hoping any injury on him, but the one thing he has going for him could be taken away from him very quickly and would make him a very run of the mill player

Good on him if he can get someone to pay him the reportrd $900 a year. He is set for life.

Logged on to see trade talk, all I see is Hill, who's been a lock at saints for 4 months, and Martin who has nominated Carlton and wasn't even getting a senior game for the worst team ever of the modern era.

This is going to be a long few weeks.

For mine it’s all about fixing the clearance differential, Hawks rated last in the comp this year. I would say priorities are ball winners and classy finishers considering the focus to scores from turnovers.

A goal kicking midfielder would be great.

A running half back flank to replace Impey/smith.

A kpp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll play but will run with a moneyball type approach with some names of who I would like to see us bring in.
I really don't see any downside with any of these scenarios.

Midfield

Deven Robertson (draft)
- If he gets past Fremantle's pick
Finn Maginess (draft) - No brainer with a second round pick

Notes:
* A guy by the name of Tom Mitchell will be a pretty handy in for us in 2020 and beyond.
* Lachie Whitfield is the only established midfielder I would like to see us trade for this trade period. As Topiary says....tell us your intentions now Lachie so we know either way. We'll make it happen if it is your desire.

Small Forward

Harley Bennell (Free Agent) - Long term low risk, high reward as a delisted free agent. I'd be getting in first on this one if he hasn't already come to an agreement elsewhere (Sydney mooted).

Key Position Defender

Callum Moore (Richmond) - I'd be in this guys ear offering him a permanent spot at CHB on more money than he'd be getting at the Tigers (we have plenty of that to go around) https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-08-13/coaches-corner-callum-moore

Key Position Forward

Jonathon Patton (GWS)
- Done deal for 3rd/4th round pick

Could trade a future first for Laird. Frost will be a second rounder.
Yeah i just am not sure if they would be willing to accept that, contracted so they can play hardball. I would think they would be demanding our first this year unless they felt we were going backwards next year but with Mitchell coming back and the addition of Laird (in this hypothetical) i would think they be hesitant gambling on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll play but will run with a moneyball type approach with some names of who I would like to see us bring in.
I really don't see any downside with any of these scenarios.

Midfield

Deven Robertson (draft)
- If he gets past Fremantle's pick
Finn Maginess (draft) - No brainer with a second round pick

Notes:
* A guy by the name of Tom Mitchell will be a pretty handy in for us in 2020 and beyond.
* Lachie Whitfield is the only established midfielder I would like to see us trade for this trade period. As Topiary says....tell us your intentions now Lachie so we know either way. We'll make it happen if it is your desire.

Small Forward

Harley Bennell (Free Agent) - Long term low risk, high reward as a delisted free agent. I'd be getting in first on this one if he hasn't already come to an agreement elsewhere (Sydney mooted).

Key Position Defender

Callum Moore (Richmond) - I'd be in this guys ear offering him a permanent spot at CHB on more money than he'd be getting at the Tigers (we have plenty of that to go around) https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-08-13/coaches-corner-callum-moore

Key Position Forward

Jonathon Patton (GWS)
- Done deal for 3rd/4th round pick

We were keen on Moore last year but Richmond said no dice... surely with Lynch there and Bolta showing promise along with Rance coming back that Moore would be gettable? I like him a lot.

I get the excitement around Robertson but surely we have enough of his type? 6ft accumulators that don't really hit the scoreboard... Titch/Jags and Shiels are all that type, even Worpel (although a bit bigger) could be classified in that basket, also throwing in Finn then we start to look a little stacked for the midfield. Why wouldn't we shore up or defence for the next 10-15 years by drafting McAsey? Everytime I have seen this kid play he just oozes eliteness, without doubt the best key defender in the draft, he is 195cm, 87kgs and has that real athletic frame, would likely play some senior footy next year depending on development.

Another guy to consider is Luke Jackson, he has that unique ability to be equally damaging as a ruckman and a key forward, he could do both very well.. 198cm is the sticking point, just that little bit short for AFL ruckman but he does have a huge leap on him, could turn out to be a hugely damaging duel position player.

For those who have been keeping up with this years draft is there any chance that a key defender could be available with pick 11?

Mcasey, Worrell are the more highly rated with De konning being your project kpd. Problem with this draft it's hard to say how good the kpp are because there just isn't that many highly rated ones especially compared to last year's .

The clubs new problem is if Finn has another big game tomorrow there will be a lot more media attention, he will come into the top 10 of most phantom drafts and Cal Twomey's new one when it comes out. Being such an awkward pick that the club has it will be interesting to see what they do with it .

For those who have been keeping up with this years draft is there any chance that a key defender could be available with pick 11?
Will Gould would be just about ready to go- probably a bit short (191) for a genuine KDP

Rory Laird is my favourite non-Hawks player in the AFL (aside from the Bont). Would move heaven and Earth to get him in. I think he craves midfield minutes too but Adelaide never play him in there because the Couch brothers and Sloaney boy aren't capable of playing anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back