Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it matter?

He ain’t going anywhere.
If he decides to stay it will be the worst choice he ever makes! They are a plastic franchise without a soul playing predominantly in front of small sterile crowds. And don’t get me started on their ordinary coach who guides a super talented team with no apparent game style. Come home Lachie before it’s too late!

Look im 12 cans in....have had 3 x turkey 101s and a few cc an drys so please keep post shorts. Thas if advabe
Had a couple of Rare breeds myself.

If he decides to stay it will be the worst choice he ever makes! They are a plastic franchise without a soul playing predominantly in front of small sterile crowds. And don’t get me started on their ordinary coach who guides a super talented team with no apparent game style. Come home Lachie before it’s too late!
Unfortunately for you and I, they actually think they're a real club. He isn't going anywhere.

Hey, guys, remember when we were going to get Coniglio, Whitfield and Patton this year????

good times.......

sigh....

good times...

How can anyone possible think this?

Nash, Scrim, Ollie and Mitch Lewis will continue to play senior football.

So let’s look at our current go-to depth running around at Box Hill each week.

Cousins - above average VFL player, arguable list clogger with arguable upside
Howe - above average VFL player, arguable list clogger with not much upside
Glass - average VFL player, arguable list clogger with some possible upside
Morrison - trending backwards in 2019
Miles - gone
Mirra - most likely gone
Mohr - gone
Schoe - gone
Birchall - most likely gone
Brand - above average VFL player, very shakey at AFL level
Minchington - gone

Jiath, Moore, Jones, Ross, Kosi, Walker, Greaves all babies with little or no exposed form at AFL level.

We have depth in unproven juniors, but that sort of depth is not what you can rely on to push into contention.

One of your better posts.

Crouch knows how to find the footy, but averaged less clearances and inside 50s than Worpel, and Worpel developed as the year went on. Crouch also lacks Wingard's class, but makes up for it by being consistently prolific. O'Meara struggled to be at his best without Mitchell in the side, Crouch definitely had a better 2019. I think with Mitchell back in it is possible that Mitchell, O'Meara, Worpel AND Wingard are all ahead of Crouch. O'Meara will be like a new player with Mitchell back in the side. Having said that, I agree Crouch would make us better, but can he be convinced to come at a pay level that would keep him in ilne with the rest of our midfield group?

Brad Crouch is a better footballer than Jags for mine, but I’m keen to see how Jags goes with Titch back.. Realistically though, Jags is a genuine 3rd stringer, nothing more.

Gil will buy them a Grand Final or 2 and make him a very rich ambassador to help ease his pain
#gillsmills

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Crouch is a better footballer than Jags for mine, but I’m keen to see how Jags goes with Titch back.. Realistically though, Jags is a genuine 3rd stringer, nothing more.
I think ure going to eat those words next year.

What I noticed today is if you have a midfield full of hard nuts who can’t kick the footy then you’re stuffed... Taranto/Hopper/Perryman/Deboer are useless with ball in hand, compare that to when the Tiger mids get it and it’s game over.

Inside/out mids who use the footy and unbelievably valuable, that’s why we were so successful having a midfield at our best that consisted of Mitchell/Lewis/Hodge who all were elite ball users and elite ball winners. Tom Mitchell our only one who can compare, maybe Finn is that type.

I bloody hope so mate, I really do.. but as this season progressed Worps clearly went past Jags and given that age profiles and injury history, I can’t see that trend reversing. Can you?
Worps is great young player no doubt but jags was doing all the heavy lifting and yes he was cooked by the end. Worps really built his way into the season. Jags will be a different player next year

What I noticed today is if you have a midfield full of hard nuts who can’t kick the footy then you’re stuffed... Taranto/Hopper/Perryman/Deboer are useless with ball in hand, compare that to when the Tiger mids get it and it’s game over.

Inside/out mids who use the footy and unbelievably valuable, that’s why we were so successful having a midfield at our best that consisted of Mitchell/Lewis/Hodge who all were elite ball users and elite ball winners. Tom Mitchell our only one who can compare, maybe Finn is that type.
Worps is a very good young mid mate.

Still think even with Mitchell back we're one good inside mid short compared to the top teams - wouldn't mind going after Wines if hes ready to move back to Vic
He’s contracted. Port would want the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back