Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironically he is probably the Giants 6th best midfielder. lol

1. Coniglio
2. Whitfield
3. Kelly
4. Greene
5. Ward
6. Taranto

Kelly > Conigs
Whitfield > Conigs

Kelly is sublime, shame he keeps getting Injured. Whitfield Has potentially a higher ceiling and suits us more because we need directness and speed.

Conigs is solid but more of what we have and far less special than the other two.

What about Hopper, he and Toranto are tracking comparably. Toranto is quality but looks insanely slow at times.

Williams has genuine untapped potential in the midfield as well.

Well considering gc gave pick 2 for weller I think shiels and pick 11 would be enough for pick 2 maybe throw in cousins and/or howe as they need experienced mids. Our mids would be mitchell O'meara Worpel chad finn and Anderson so we can survive without shiels. Its better than giving up bruest or gunners

Wait what… where getting Fyfe

View attachment 758259

Talk about a team that should be pushing for picks 1 & 2 +.

They are trending backwards and have a premium asset that isn't gonna be in their first premiership.

Said it last year and was mocked but believe it firmly. Freo should be bold and set up their club for the future.

Fyfe is worth way more externally and brownlows in a middling unit mean nothing.

Well considering gc gave pick 2 for weller I think shiels and pick 11 would be enough for pick 2 maybe throw in cousins and/or howe as they need experienced mids. Our mids would be mitchell O'meara Worpel chad finn and Anderson so we can survive without shiels. Its better than giving up bruest or gunners

Shiels is a glue guy and worth far more to us than he is to other clubs. Sets the standards at training and on the field.

the WA state captain? I was under the impression it was an existing player but looking back at RnL's post there is wiggle room for it to be a kid.
I’m just providing another angle for the darts to be flung from.

Gold Coast will be hunting senior players from around the league again with Brad Crouch off the table....

Given he said he was staying at every turn, and everyone around him cooly and confidently said he was staying, and he’s contracted... it’s quite clear he was never on the table and it was a load of crap just like Brodie Smith (who the rumour milk is still targeting despite him absolutely conclusive that he was seeing out his contract).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling Jack Martin is the target and might cost us a future 1st or Isaac Smith.

Has stated a request to be traded to Victoria, Carlton interested but focus is Papley who might cost their pick 9 next pick in 40's. Dogs keen and have a late 1st rounder which is the asking price.

2 days ago it was reported that a third club has entered the mix, it may be us. It might also be the focus if Elliot is no longer attainable.

Get his body right and we have burst speed and X factor that can rotate with Chad in the middle and half forward.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have a feeling Jack Martin is the target and might cost us a future 1st or Isaac Smith.

Has stated a request to be traded to Victoria, Carlton interested but focus is Papley who might cost their pick 9 next pick in 40's. Dogs keen and have a late 1st rounder which is the asking price.

2 days ago it was reported that a third club has entered the mix, it may be us. It might also be the focus if Elliot is no longer attainable.

Get his body right and we have burst speed and X factor that can rotate with Chad in the middle and half forward.

I'll be worried if we give a 1st round pick for Jack Martin... He's not that great. If be worried if any club gave a first for him.

I would trade Smith for Martin though.

Very talented and would add class to our list

Out of all the players we are linked to there is one who is available who fits our needs more than anything and for some reason we are not linked.... Tom Papley.

Speedy and a very good goal kicker.

Perfect long term replacement for Poppy.

In Pappy
Out Poppy

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Talk of pick 9 from Carlton not even being enough for him, they are demanding the world and i am not for overpaying for a small forward no matter how good he is.

Out of all the players we are linked to there is one who is available who fits our needs more than anything and for some reason we are not linked.... Tom Papley.

Speedy and a very good goal kicker.

Perfect long term replacement for Poppy.

In Pappy
Out Poppy

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Exactly, despite people saying 'yuck' & not wanting him, he is exactly what we need. Especially so since we have an ageing Breust & Poppy, he is also the best small that's been 'available' for a fair while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back