Injury 2019 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

“Raise his trade value”
Not yet. Why invest all the time and money in his rehabilitation only to trade him out before he plays a game. He'd be worth not much more than a third round pick at the moment.

Disappointing.

I'd have been in favor of Scooter coming in to replace Guthrie this week. Guess this news gives Cam yet another stay of execution. I've sort of given up expecting any sort of improvement from Guthers at this point but I hope he proves me wrong. I used to be one of his biggest fans back in 2012-14 and I'd love to go back to holding him in high regard again.

Disappointing.

I'd have been in favor of Scooter coming in to replace Guthrie this week. Guess this news gives Cam yet another stay of execution. I've sort of given up expecting any sort of improvement from Guthers at this point but I hope he proves me wrong. I used to be one of his biggest fans back in 2012-14 and I'd love to go back to holding him in high regard again.
Guthrie was one of our better players this week. Not sure who you were watching

Any news by the club on Ablett? In actually what it was?? Gee i thought last year the club was hopeless in giving us updates on injuries.. They certain lift the game this year, they have been shocking.....

Any news by the club on Ablett? In actually what it was?? Gee i thought last year the club was hopeless in giving us updates on injuries.. They certain lift the game this year, they have been shocking.....
Scotty has been opening press conferences with a quick injury whip around. I think it's been an improvement in terms of clarity.

Guthrie was one of our less-than-better players this week. Not sure who you were watching.
I think I'll trust TK and the club's opinion over yours, lol:

Cats star and Geelong Advertiser columnist TIM KELLY reveals his five unsung people at the club -

"2. Cam Guthrie

Guth has certainly found his rhythm after an injury-interrupted start to the season.

He is such an important part of our midfield but probably doesn’t get enough external praise.

For starters, he is an awesome two-way runner, working really hard both ways.

His defensive running is elite. He sets the standards that you need to play in the modern game.

He is also a very strong contested player, can burst out of stoppages and can win his own ball when he needs to.

But probably the most important part of his game is the defensive role he plays.

We challenge him most weeks to nullify the opposition’s best midfielders and he performs the tasks so well.

He has that great ability of being able to shut down an opponent while winning the footy himself.

Sometimes he gets so much of the footy you almost forget he is doing a defensive job.

Those hard yards might go unnoticed by the footy public, but certainly not within our midfield group."

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.a...s/news-story/2f44b8dac407bda4e31ef91c69164139

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corked hip from someone falling on it. Will do the main session today and see how it feels. Should be ok considering the 8 day break.

Menegola back in the vfl this week.
Sounds like Ablett and Scooter will only miss a week or two at worst, Kolo a test and Cunico and Cockatoo might be only 2-3 weeks away, so injury list looking much better.

Menegola back in the vfl this week.
Sounds like Ablett and Scooter will only miss a week or two at worst, Kolo a test and Cunico and Cockatoo might be only 2-3 weeks away, so injury list looking much better.
It’s a godsend compared to other years in all honesty

Need to beat Hawthorn. Absolutely bury their season and then the bay will be quiet for a week.
A week?

They are barely squeaking in the lead up to Sunday as it is

It’s not only them not turning up for the game they can’t even turn up in the bay anymore

Pure pure bandwagons

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2019 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back