Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Just putting it out there, but I think the generous trade with Melb for Ed Langdon, might have a bit to do with the trade they have brokered with North for pick 8. They are after small forwards, maybe Belly said have this now hands off Henry. They have pick 3,8 and I reckon Serong and Weightman might be their targets.could easily be Henry

I like the idea of Acres cause he's someone who improves our B26, makes our kids compete for their spots and gives some actual cover when we lose a midfielder

If he plays in the WAFL then he helps cover the Crowdens, Banfields, Bewleys of the worlds as they grow
I think he would be best 22

I'd rather keep Hill or insist on 2 first rounders.

but saying to first rounders without specifics relative to our targeted draft picks is a little pointless, (Bell did but he knows what our targets are). Yes we could change one later if we got both - for 2nd and 3rd picks, but to say get 10 and 14 or 15, any pick between 13 and 18 may cause issues
That is why it may be advantageous and better anyway to swing things now, even using our other picks eg 2020 2nd.

What would you expect for him if uncontracted?
If he was a free agent this year, given the reported contract size and length - we would get a Priority 1 pick from the AFL, so straight after our first Pick - so Pick 8.

That's what Hill's worth uncontracted.

Given that he has 2 years left to run on his contract and we've (most likely) front loaded his contract, we're then owed some money and 2 years of him playing - that's worth a late First round pick.

That's how I'd justify 2 firsts.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree but if you put on the StK hat for a moment. There is no way I'd be giving up what could very well be a top 6 pick together with #10 for Brad Hill. I think Brad is under valued but that is just insane.

I think it has ended up about right now. Neither side with a reason to gloat. Freo now has plenty of picks to work into other trades. StK managed to keep their future 1st whilst spending all their other future picks (which is what we did in past years - suspect that is where they got the idea)

Very true, as much as we criticize the Saints posters for being blinkered (and rightly so), we are naturally going to tend to overvalue Brad.

My main concern is ending up with quantity over quality. I'm really hoping there's still some way we can manufacture two decent first round picks in this year's draft, enabling them to keep their first round pick next year. Although with the Dogs refusing to part with 13, that seems unlikely.

10 + Acres + future second + 58 feels more towards neutral territory, although I reckon the Saints would be the happier of the two parties with that outcome.

Before Belly laid out his ‘alleged’ ludicrous demands pick 6 and Acres would have been a good result

The fact we may turn Chris Mayne into pick 10, future second, Acres and Aish is a massive win for the club.

Oh and pick 10 is likely going to be a 200 game WA midfielder...

Too may high horses in here at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Think we’re all forgetting the Bruce trade hadn’t gone through yet.
I’d hazard a guess that’s what we’re waiting for .

Might end up the middle ground in that say Bruce and aints future second gets pick 13(maybe some change back) we get our other first and aints keep their future one.

I get the feeling aints want to deal now for hill and then for Bruce to extract maximum value but belly’s most likely holding out because of it.

If this goes down as expected, I'd consider two 2020 second rounds for Geelongs 14 and 37
I'll be interested to see what we do.

We should have 3 future 2nds and a 2nd this year to get enough points for Henry while getting another pick ahead of a Henry bid in the draft if we want.

I assume there is no way we take 3 2nds into next year so I'll be interested to see whether we wait till draft night or sort it before then

I'll be interested to see what we do.

We should have 3 future 2nds and a 2nd this year to get enough points for Henry while getting another pick ahead of a Henry bid in the draft if we want.

I assume there is no way we take 3 2nds into next year so I'll be interested to see whether we wait till draft night or sort it before then

Walker and Western will gobble up 2 of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just putting it out there, but I think the generous trade with Melb for Ed Langdon, might have a bit to do with the trade they have brokered with North for pick 8. They are after small forwards, maybe Belly said have this now hands off Henry. They have pick 3,8 and I reckon Serong and Weightman might be their targets.could easily be Henry
Or maybe Flanders

How bad did Port do just quietly. Traded Howard, Ryder and pick 10 for 12 and 18. They're close to rioting over on the Port board.

Shocking deal for Port. Points system equates that to pick 22 for Howard + Ryder. Coincidentally we have pick 22, which St Kilda were no doubt asking for during the earlier negotiations before they split pick 6.

Think we’re all forgetting the Bruce trade hadn’t gone through yet.
I’d hazard a guess that’s what we’re waiting for .

Might end up the middle ground in that say Bruce and aints future second gets pick 13(maybe some change back) we get our other first and aints keep their future one.

I get the feeling aints want to deal now for hill and then for Bruce to extract maximum value but belly’s most likely holding out because of it.

Definitely feels like this could be the key to unlock everything and leave both sides relatively happy.

If St Kilda can prise 13 away from the Dogs, 10+13 seems like a good outcome, although that does leave us with little currency for Aish (if he's even keen on coming over of course)

Possible Trade period

Out: Pick 26, Langdon, B Hill and future fourth

In: pick 10,22, 73, Acres, Aish, Demons future second and Saints Future second.

Grade: D plus

2019 Draft

Picks 7,10,22, 73

Most likely we trade 22 for later picks that increases our points for Henry.

2020 Draft

First Round Freo
Second Round Freo
Second Round Demons
Second Round Saints
Third Round Freo

10 + Acres + future second + 58 feels more towards neutral territory, although I reckon the Saints would be the happier of the two parties with that outcome.
Judging by the comments on there board they are far from happy with that deal.

Before Belly laid out his ‘alleged’ ludicrous demands pick 6 and Acres would have been a good result

The fact we may turn Chris Mayne into pick 10, future second, Acres and Aish is a massive win for the club.

Oh and pick 10 is likely going to be a 200 game WA midfielder...

Too may high horses in here at the moment.

We're not trading 10 for Masten are we....

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back