Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Being reported :
Saints - Hill, future 3rd
Freo - 10, future second, Acres, 58

Valuing Acres as an early 3rd rd and working on the proviso that both teams finish mid table in 2020 that is a point value between 2 and 3.
Well done
To think that’s pretty much from trading Mayne compo pick, pretty good deal really.

Might just be Acres and Menadue. Which I'd be happy with.

Aish a bit reluctant apparently. Would like to stay at Collingwood. everything has happened very quickly, so he isn't sure what he will do. Either take our deal or back himself to get another contract at Collingwood next year some time.

Last edited:

That's a great deal IMO. Freo will be armed with picks this year and next. Lots of options.

Why do we want 2nd round picks next season? When they'd end up being worth about 3rd/4th round picks with the NGA compromises? Seems like our typical awful awareness cashing in when it's worthless

To think that’s pretty much from trading Mayne compo pick, pretty good deal really.

Not a fan of this logic. Should Geelong have been content with a few second-rounders for Kelly because they took him @ 24 a couple years ago? It's about the value of Hill now as well as the future years he's contracted for, which I think we can all agree is worth a hell of a lot more than Mayne's compo pick of 23.

That said, if the purported trade is true I'll try not to melt *too much* and will give Acres a chance to deliver on his supposed potential. The success of this hinges mostly on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you guys have any Rookie upgrades ?

Also what would you guys think of #39+#41+Menadue for #22 (845points)
39+41 = 858 points

Probably only good if your using 22 for the points matching
I thought on the same lines if we were keen for Menadue.

The problem we are having now though is that we are running out of list spots, especially if we are bringing Aish and Acres on as well.

We cant take more draft picks into the draft than we have spots and we are now looking at bringing in 3 players and drafting (at least) 3 players.

I'm not sure we can actually turn pick 22 into two lower picks for more points and a player

If then two clubs are scrambling to get this deal done, it means that the option of keeping Brad next year, was never really an option. That's very disappointing.

As soon as he requested a trade it was never really a realistic option - only a threat to make the Saints come up with something.

I personally think it's a line ball trade, maybe just falling in our favour. All really hinges on how Acres turns out - is he Best 22 like a Hamling/Wilson or a delist at the earliest chance like a Kersten/Colyer...we won't know until this time next year.

I thought on the same lines if we were keen for Menadue.

The problem we are having now though is that we are running out of list spots, especially if we are bringing Aish and Acres on as well.

We cant take more draft picks into the draft than we have spots and we are now looking at bringing in 3 players and drafting (at least) 3 players.

I'm not sure we can actually turn pick 22 into two lower picks for more points and a player
Fair enough , i suppose it really depends on who goes out and who comes back in

But if the dockers did decide to take menadue then this way he comes for free and the dockers get some etra points with the trade of picks

whats the expected range the bid will come for Henry some say 15-20

As soon as he requested a trade it was never really a realistic option - only a threat to make the Saints come up with something.

I personally think it's a line ball trade, maybe just falling in our favour. All really hinges on how Acres turns out - is he Best 22 like a Hamling/Wilson or a delist at the earliest chance like a Kersten/Colyer...we won't know until this time next year.
Cats held kelly, blues Gibbs, swans okeefe- I just don’t understand why we couldn’t do the same - bell(your no better than bond AFAIC)..-actually now I think about it ... Colin young , 17 players in our books , until the club does something about that cretin the noise about him not having an influence at our club will be just that , noise only

Not a fan of this logic. Should Geelong have been content with a few second-rounders for Kelly because they took him @ 24 a couple years ago? It's about the value of Hill now as well as the future years he's contracted for, which I think we can all agree is worth a hell of a lot more than Mayne's compo pick of 23.

That said, if the purported trade is true I'll try not to melt *too much* and will give Acres a chance to deliver on his supposed potential. The success of this hinges mostly on him.
I agree with some of your thoughts, however I think if we park some of what we’re feeling now and assess over the next 12/18 months, we’ll look at this and think we’ve actually done quite well IMO.

I’m of the view that the club has decided it doesn’t want a disgruntled Hill around the club, and saints clearly won’t give us the two firsts we want. Therefore most won’t feel this is sufficient now, but I reckon that will change next year hence the comment about looking back at the Mayne pick.

Being reported :
Saints - Hill, future 3rd
Freo - 10, future second, Acres, 58

Valuing Acres as an early 3rd rd and working on the proviso that both teams finish mid table in 2020 that is a point value between 2 and 3.
Well done
The recent report I read from SEN and Fox said the nuts of the deal was
10, 2020 2nd, 58, Acres > BHill
With a swap of future draft picks. St Kilda have two fourth round picks and no third round pick. So makes sense we swap a third and fourth.

I think for Aish might not be popular but will likely cost one of the 2020 2nd picks but I’d be expecting us to at least upgrade 58 to 56 and 79 to 69. Not sure that 58 will get Aish.

I’d flip pick 83 to Richmond for Menadue. But if desperately needed they can have St Kilda’s 2020 4th or we just pick him up as a DFA.

Leaves us with:
7,10,22,56,69 in 2019
1st, 2nd, 2nd, 4th, 4th in 2020

Fair enough , i suppose it really depends on who goes out and who comes back in

But if the dockers did decide to take menadue then this way he comes for free and the dockers get some etra points with the trade of picks

whats the expected range the bid will come for Henry some say 15-20
Yeah, it would come in around then, 22 should just about have us covered and the small point upgrade from your trade would be nice

Cats held kelly, blues Gibbs, swans okeefe- I just don’t understand why we couldn’t do the same - bell(your no better than bond AFAIC)..-actually now I think about it ... Colin young , 17 players in our books , until the club does something about that cretin the noise about him not having an influence at our club will be just that , noise only
Neither Kelly, Gibbs nor O'Keefe had brothers playing at their respective clubs. For us, one unhappy player automatically meant at least two unhappy players. Probably more as our indigenous boys are all very close.
I'm not a fan of keeping anyone in a workplace who is unhappy. It is counter-productive. Let them go and get whatever you can for them.

The recent report I read from SEN and Fox said the nuts of the deal was
10, 2020 2nd, 58, Acres > BHill
With a swap of future draft picks. St Kilda have two fourth round picks and no third round pick. So makes sense we swap a third and fourth.

I think for Aish might not be popular but will likely cost one of the 2020 2nd picks but I’d be expecting us to at least upgrade 58 to 56 and 79 to 69. Not sure that 58 will get Aish.

I’d flip pick 83 to Richmond for Menadue. But if desperately needed they can have St Kilda’s 2020 4th or we just pick him up as a DFA.

Leaves us with:
7,10,22,56,69 in 2019
1st, 2nd, 2nd, 4th, 4th in 2020
No way Aish costs a future 2nd, did you see what the Hawks got Patton for as a salary dump. 58 or a future 4th from somewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back