Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be interested to see what we do.

We should have 3 future 2nds and a 2nd this year to get enough points for Henry while getting another pick ahead of a Henry bid in the draft if we want.

I assume there is no way we take 3 2nds into next year so I'll be interested to see whether we wait till draft night or sort it before then

could we mix in on the Butler deal to come up with something better?

If this goes down as expected, I'd consider two 2020 second rounds for Geelongs 14 and 37.

Aish with 58, Menadue with a late pick.

Would leave us with 7, 10, 14, 22 and 37...happy with that

14 and 37 points wise is 1644
Don't think Geelong would risk it, especially considering all of the nga and f/s bids....

Personally, I feel that Hill is suffering the same problem as Neale last year, being undervalued badly by most just because they don’t watch too many of our games. After Neale move to Brisbane, he is suddenly perceived to be so much better, winning AA and brownlow votes.

Since coming to Freo, Hill have improved tremendously and is taking games on and threaten to win games via his own foot. I’ll say in terms of impacting games, Hill will have more impact than Neale.
Asking for 2 1st rounder with something going back is fair. Problem is, most will still be stuck with the impression of Hill in his Hawthorne days, hence they think we are asking for too much.
Honestly, I’ll rather keep him. His kind of talent is irreplaceable.

Personally, I feel that Hill is suffering the same problem as Neale last year, being undervalued badly by most just because they don’t watch too many of our games. After Neale move to Brisbane, he is suddenly perceived to be so much better, winning AA and brownlow votes.

Since coming to Freo, Hill have improved tremendously and is taking games on and threaten to win games via his own foot. I’ll say in terms of impacting games, Hill will have more impact than Neale.
Asking for 2 1st rounder with something going back is fair. Problem is, most will still be stuck with the impression of Hill in his Hawthorne days, hence they think we are asking for too much.
Honestly, I’ll rather keep him. His kind of talent is irreplaceable.
I'm sure that if we keep him for another year he will get more brownlow love.

Acres is highly talented and yet to tap into his potential.
He has been playing alongside a shit midfield, like the best he's played alongside is Stevens who doesn't seem like a great mentor (not being disrespectful just saying it how it is). I think alongside some other A grade big bodies like Mundy & Fyfe he will flourish!
genuinely excited at the thought of having him in purple, getting him and Aish is significantly better than Robertson/Menadue/Masten. If we can pull of deal for Hill where we don't get shafted i think we've had a brilliant trade period!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Acres, Aish and #10 would be three players on our list taken in the first round

I’ve always been unsure on this.

Picking up people who “were” first rounders is like the opposite of Moneyball which seems a generally sound strategy in a salary cap/draft system.

I’ve always been unsure on this.

Picking up people who “were” first rounders is like the opposite of Moneyball which seems a generally sound strategy in a salary cap/draft system.
I think it's the epitome of a moneyball situation. Players who came in highly rated but have stalled due to role or injury, we get them cheap and repurpose their talent to a new role.

Both Aish and Acres are inside/outside mids. Playing them on ball and the wing would be different to the half back and half forward role they have been playing currently

Can’t get behind the paywall

St Kilda will emerge triumphant from the trade period with the Brad Hill deal effectively done and a complex trade nailed to secure Paddy Ryder and Dougal Howard.

The Herald Sun understands the Saints and Dockers have agreed on a deal to send St Kilda’s No.10 pick, their future second-rounder and pick 58 to the Dockers.

Saints utility Blake Acres could also be thrown into the trade after heading to Perth today to assess a shock move home.
But he is not a deal-breaker, with the former No.19 draft pick expected to be thrown into the swap after a trade for Hill was already agreed by both clubs.

Despite St Kilda throwing up his name two days ago - only for Freo to knock it back - he is expected to play on a wing for the Dockers next year.
It means St Kilda has found a way to secure Ryder, Hill and Howard while still preserving its first-round selection next year.

The AFL will be happy for St Kilda to officially lodge the Hill deal after 3pm on the last of nine days in the trade period to preserve some drama for the league’s annual meat market.

The Saints will approach the last day of the trade period believing they can achieve their grand vision of securing that trio as well as Sydney’s Zak Jones and Richmond’s Dan Butler.

Today, as revealed by the Herald Sun, they turned picks 12 and 18 into 10, Howard and Ryder, with the Power and Saints also swapping third and fourth-round picks.

Being reported :
Saints - Hill, future 3rd
Freo - 10, future second, Acres, 58

Valuing Acres as an early 3rd rd and working on the proviso that both teams finish mid table in 2020 that is a point value between 2 and 3.
Well done

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back