Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is Cerra at? He’s been underwhelming so far for a highly rated junior and both his Marsh games this year have been ok at best. He’s obviously still developing but he’s played 40 games so should be getting close to comfortable at the level. What’s his ceiling?
Fair few times now that you've been rather critical of Cerra, your views on him just don't seem to line up with what everyone else sees. I do not know what one could say to convince you he's alright.

At this stage I’d be wrapped if his first 100 games are as good as Hilly’s but he is so far away from that level it’s not funny.
Yeah well I remember posts 10 years ago, a fair bit of Freo Posters wanted David Mundy traded after his 100th game.

I won't complain if cerra turns out to be a solid 20 disposals a game player that is solid B grade player as both a inside midfielder and outside midfielder. His hand and foot skills were solid in his 2018 and 2019 seasons.

Fair few times now that you've been rather critical of Cerra, your views on him just don't seem to line up with what everyone else sees. I do not know what one could say to convince you he's alright.

Perhaps I am under rating him. The stats are backing up my “eye test” though and I’m certain that if he was playing for another team that you and others on here would have a different view.
I agree that he shows potential and certainly hope that he becomes what I expected him to become when we drafted him (I was stoked at the time) but he’s taking his time getting there.
I agree with Nurries though, we (I) need to take into consideration that his first 40 games he’s been played out of position.

I’ll just have to temper my expectations.

I think Cerra needs 10 games at Peel playing as an inside mid. He simply needs to learn how to find more of the footy. I think he's lost all of his instinctive footy ability and needs to find it again.

Cerra has not met expectation .. will he with a new game plan & playing in his preferred position .. ask me in 3 months.

He is also on ALOT of money for a young player, being a top 5 pick in a bottom 4 team his manager leveraged bad PR of him not signing an extension to get the extra dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Cerra needs 10 games at Peel playing as an inside mid. He simply needs to learn how to find more of the footy. I think he's lost all of his instinctive footy ability and needs to find it again.
Wait you want him to spend half this season at peel to learn how to play as an inside mid?

Why not play him alongside Mundy and Fyfe this season to try and reach their standards?

I rather let him be on the bench at round 1.

He is also on ALOT of money for a young player, being a top 5 pick in a bottom 4 team his manager leveraged bad PR of him not signing an extension to get the extra dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do you mean he is on a lot of cash? His contract runs out at 2021.

He's made his mind up on him. Doesn't matter what Cerra does now. If people can't see the class and potiental he has, then don't bother wasting your time.

Gerard Healy, Pavlich and Dunstall are big fans, guessing they can identify talent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait you want him to spend half this season at peel to learn how to play as an inside mid?

Why not play him alongside Mundy and Fyfe this season to try and reach their standards?

I rather let him be on the bench at round 1.

Because he doesn't deserve that spot on current form.

I want Cerra to go out and hunt the footy as the number 1 mid get some confidence. The best way for him to do that is at Peel. I still believe Cerra will become a good player but a feel 5x 30+ games at Peel will do him more good than floating in-between mid,wing and Half back at Freo.

I want Cerra to go out and hunt the footy as the number 1 mid get some confidence. The best way for him to do that is at Peel. I still believe Cerra will become a good player but a feel 5x 30+ games at Peel will do him more good than floating in-between mid,wing and Half back at Freo.
So that's a no then? You didn't watch Marsh 1? Makes sense

I'm not sure he'll learn much at Peel. Banfield dominates on the inside at WAFL level. Cerra needs to learn how to impact against AFL quality mids. I'd persist, especially given what we've seen with the development of Brayshaw and Tucker after giving them more time on ball. Yesterday was just Cerra's second game as a full time mid.

Players play their footy between 25-28.

Its about timing.

To maximum your money, you want players in their prime playing for a flag.

I really think that went too early like the Blues did with Judd.
Nope I disagree. Carlton needed Judd more than Judd needed Carlton. You look back at 2007, Carlton were the most undisputed worst side of all the Victorian sides. They just got kids in Bryce Gibbs, mark Murphy and Andrew Walker. Those 3 needed a leader to work with. Judd was easily one of the best players in the league and Carlton needed a quality player and a leader. Judd was both when he left west coast. Same reason we traded a lot to get Peter bell back. Peter Bell was a good mid and became our Captain for 4-6 years.

Off course he wouldn't be in front of Tucker. It would be worrying signs if a 3rd year player, who's played 2 pre season games as a midfielder overtook Tucker, who got a shout out by Fyfe in his browlow speech.

Cerra is easily being picked over Crowden, that's a no brainer.

Worth noting he's played 2 pre season games as a midfielder because he was played out of position. Brayshaw wasn't getting 20+ and impacting games at this stage either. His centre bounce attendance isn't as high as the more experienced players either, so he has less chances than others to win his own ball. That will increase throughout the year off course, but his quality, decision making and most importantly his ball use will see him shine this season.

I'm not sure he'll learn much at Peel. Banfield dominates on the inside at WAFL level. Cerra needs to learn how to impact against AFL quality mids. I'd persist, especially given what we've seen with the development of Brayshaw and Tucker after giving them more time on ball. Yesterday was just Cerra's second game as a full time mid.
Most people love Adam cerra for various reasons. Some posters want him to be a decent inside mid. Ross Lyon loves solid B graders that can play multiple roles.

Again. There is a reason why Freo chose Adam Cerra at pick 5. He is capable at playing both as an inside mid and on a wing.

again....... I see him as a solid mid than can play both inside and outside Mid but that's my Personal opinion.

Blake Acres is another bloke that's 193 cm and 90 kg that can play both inside and outside too. But he is likely to play inside mid

Players play their footy between 25-28.

Its about timing.

To maximum your money, you want players in their prime playing for a flag.

I really think that went too early like the Blues did with Judd.
Sounds about right. In that 2012-15 period, most of our best players were aged between 28-30 years old.

Saying that..

How old is Fyfe? 28/29 years old? Contracted until 2023 so that's means he will be 31-32 years old. All those 2017 mids in cerra, crowden, Brayshaw and giro were 18-19 years old in the 2017 draft. Are now 21-22 years old now and will be 24-25 in 2023.

As I said, I want Fyfe, Walters and possibly Stephen hill to get one last finals tilt before they retire just like pav and McPharlin got

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back