Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Hagdorn saying this morning that Kelly to the Eagles for their first pick this year, and next years first pick as well. So that would satisfy the first two rounders that Geelong are seeking for him.

I hope we don't try and better that deal.
That's a shit deal for Geelong, our pick 6 from St Kilda is likely significantly better in itself then that deal. I would be perfectly happy doing the picks from Hill and Langdon for Kelly

That's a s**t deal for Geelong, our pick 6 from St Kilda is likely significantly better in itself then that deal. I would be perfectly happy doing the picks from Hill and Langdon for Kelly

For sure. If Kelly doesn't nominate us though then it won't matter though.

Langdon is going to the Dees.
To Fremantle, Tim Kelly is worth two round 1 picks (6&7 B Hill) and the club should be chasing him aggressively. Not sure I would describe Blakely as having a massive ceiling, a good player who should improve with an injury free full pre season.
You must be having a laugh suggesting an uncontracted Kelly is worth pick 6 and 7.

His worth has been discussed at length on this thread, you only need to read the last 4 or 5 pages to realise very few on here would give up 6 and 7 for Kelly.

Said it yesterday and I'll say it again, Neale may play differently to Kelly but as a contested beast he's easily of a similar trade value to Kelly. Neale finished 3rd in the brownlow this year and 7th in 2016, he's had Fyfe stealing votes his whole career. We traded a contracted Neale and pick 30, for pick 6, 19 and 55. On points I believe that values Neale around pick 3.

Pick 6 and 7 equate to pick 3 (Neale's trade value) and 15. Do you seriously believe that an uncontracted Kelly is worth Neale and pick 15?

I know he betrayed us but you'll be hard pressed to find a a freo supporter, with half a brain, that would have traded Neale and pick 15 for Kelly. Heck, if we still had him we probably wouldn't even consider a straight swap.

You must be having a laugh suggesting an uncontracted Kelly is worth pick 6 and 7.

His worth has been discussed at length on this thread, you only need to read the last 4 or 5 pages to realise very few on here would give up 6 and 7 for Kelly.

Said it yesterday and I'll say it again, Neale may play differently to Kelly but as a contested beast he's easily of a similar trade value to Kelly. Neale finished 3rd in the brownlow this year and 7th in 2016, he's had Fyfe stealing votes his whole career. We traded a contracted Neale and pick 30, for pick 6, 19 and 55. On points I believe that values Neale around pick 3.

Pick 6 and 7 equate to pick 3 (Neale's trade value) and 15. Do you seriously believe that an uncontracted Kelly is worth Neale and pick 15?

I know he betrayed us but you'll be hard pressed to find a a freo supporter, with half a brain, that would have traded Neale and pick 15 for Kelly. Heck, if we still had him we probably wouldn't even consider a straight swap.
First step (and we have the next 3 days or so roughly to try and entice Kelly to nominate Freo) is to get Kelly to nominate us. Still more likely he will nominate WC.

The Hack reportedly believes West Coast will offer pick 14 and 2020 1st round. I think this is close but will need a sweetener.

Our offer would likely be pick 6 and a second round draft pick.

On points alone our offer of pick 6 and second round pick (say 26) is 1340 points more than West Coasts current pick 14. That point differential equates to pick 11 (ie pick 11 & 14 = 6 & 26).

Eagles will likely finish higher than 8th in 2020, so they would still need to sweeten this offer with a third round pick or another pick swap.

We should hold firm on an offer of 6 & 26. Offering nothing more and there is no need for us to do so.

Its likely that Kelly will nominate the Eagles. If the Eagles came to us and inquired about getting pick 6 or 7 what would we want?

Would you accept 6,80 for 14,22 and 61?
With a bid for Henry likely to come between pick 12 and 15 would be very nervous holding pick 14.

There's no point having pick 14 if it's chewed up on a Henry bid.

Much better off with 6 and 7

First step (and we have the next 3 days or so roughly to try and entice Kelly to nominate Freo) is to get Kelly to nominate us. Still more likely he will nominate WC.

The Hack reportedly believes West Coast will offer pick 14 and 2020 1st round. I think this is close but will need a sweetener.

Our offer would likely be pick 6 and a second round draft pick.

On points alone our offer of pick 6 and second round pick (say 26) is 1340 points more than West Coasts current pick 14. That point differential equates to pick 11 (ie pick 11 & 14 = 6 & 26).

Eagles will likely finish higher than 8th in 2020, so they would still need to sweeten this offer with a third round pick or another pick swap.

We should hold firm on an offer of 6 & 26. Offering nothing more and there is no need for us to do so.
Pick 6 and 26 is a very fair offer, Geelong would be crazy to pass it up.

Can't wait for the media beat up suggesting we're under valuing Kelly (already underway). And the irony when they suggested we over valued Neale last year

I understand your point of view and agree Kelly is not worth picks 6&7 on the open market but the point I was trying to make is that Fremantle should not hesitate to pay overs for Kelly. Take Nathan out of the midfield and the depth drops away significantly. Mundy has been a great player but is probably in his last year, Brayshaw is still a few seasons off being a genuine a grader and Blakely is unproven in the midfield. In addition, Hill and Langdon are leaving.
The midfield lacks depth/ a’grade talent and Kelly would be a massive inclusion to this group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand your point of view and agree Kelly is not worth picks 6&7 on the open market but the point I was trying to make is that Fremantle should not hesitate to pay overs for Kelly. Take Nathan out of the midfield and the depth drops away significantly. Mundy has been a great player but is probably in his last year, Brayshaw is still a few seasons off being a genuine a grader and Blakely is unproven in the midfield. In addition, Hill and Langdon are leaving.
The midfield lacks depth/ a’grade talent and Kelly would be a massive inclusion to this group.
I largely agree with your assessment of our list and maybe it's my sheer optimism but I see Brayshaw and Cerra as being primed for breakout years.

Walters can also rotate through there, Conca performed solidly this season, Tucker is on the rise and if S Hill stays fit things aren't quite as bad as you make out, without being great.

I think your assessment of our list would more readily lead itself to the conclusion that we hit the draft and pick up 3 or 4 quality kids in the top 20 than bring in one player who isn't likely to be around if we're ever ready to push for a premiership. Whilst hitting the draft is my preference, if we get Kelly at a fair price I'm all for it

fu** yeah! Kelly has nominated the eagles!
Yep not too fussed to be honest.

Geelong will demand much more than 14 & 2020 1st. That is likely a starting pt for WC. Geelong would likely want top 10 pick and another later first round.

With Kelly onboard they are definitely top 6 min next season. That is another pick 14 or higher next year - NO DEAL.

West Coast will need to get to work with pick 14 and 24 to trade for another top 10 pick like Carlton’s pick 9.

Another probable scenario is
14, 24, 2020 1st > Tim Kelly & 36

Meets Geelong’s stipulation of two first round picks and them having 3 in this years ND (ie 14,17,24).

We need to closely monitor the negotiations with our steadfast offer of 6 & 26 available should things get deep and nasty on the final trade day like 2018.

We have Fyfe, Walters, Mundy.

Everyone’s forgotten Stephen Hill still lives.

Tucker has made gradual improvements every year. We’ve got Blakeley, Brayshaw, Cerra and even guys like Crowden, Banfield who could elevate themselves.

Left field suggestions like Hughes / Logue to midfield. Wilson to the wing.

We’ll be right in the midfield.

I agree to some extent though, first two picks should be midfield.

I wouldn’t worry about the midfield. Hard working

6 and 7 to the Suns for Pick 1 and take Rowell?
There's something different and I almost wouldnt be against it.

They wont do that though. The combo of Rowell/Anderson is worth a lot and they dont need more picks since their concessions are bonkers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back