2019 Non-Crows AFL Chat #3 - the off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old mate Janus speculating whether Howard was traded because he drove the boat that injured Wines.

Janus never fails to deliver.

giphy.gif

Every time I see Extinction Rebellion morons I think of Janus

Why would you willingly trade Howard who is contracted for 3 years? He was their best key position talent

That I'm not sure of. I think they got fair value for him but yeah, you'd think they should have kept him.

I reckon they want Gould at the draft

That I'm not sure of. I think they got fair value for him but yeah, you'd think they should have kept him.

I reckon they want Gould at the draft
Nothing wrong with value, just seems stupid to willingly push out a talented young player that actually wanted to be there

So Carlton didn’t end up using our pick 9 to secure a quality player, got to laugh at that one

Remember these pearlers from the Carlton fans.

• Telling us about how they traded Pick 4 for Papley and Stocker 🤣
  • Lecturing us about how clubs need to pay overs for contracted players 🤣
  • Can't agree on trade value? Then you obviously don't rate the player anywhere near as high as the other club does 🤣
  • It's disrespectful to approach a contracted player if you're not prepared to do what it takes to get the deal done 🤣

49833.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listening to Craig Cameron’s interview about the non Jack Martin trade. He mentioned a couple of times that they have really strong drafts hands this year and next year, and they want to improve their current hand, rather than increase the amount of picks they have. Sounds like the Gold Coast draft hand outs may have cost Carlton the trade.

Looks like the Melbourne v Adelaide matches in Darwin are over - Gold Coast will now be playing a home game there instead.

Looks like the Melbourne v Adelaide matches in Darwin are over - Gold Coast will now be playing a home game there instead.

What about Alice Springs? It’s usually Melbourne there too.

Just listening to Craig Cameron’s interview about the non Jack Martin trade. He mentioned a couple of times that they have really strong drafts hands this year and next year, and they want to improve their current hand, rather than increase the amount of picks they have. Sounds like the Gold Coast draft hand outs may have cost Carlton the trade.

I had this thought in regards to my initial disappointment in the Greenwood deal too.
I think we were all hopeful of a better deal for us (a Greenwood & Pick 49 for Pick 20 type) and the club would have absolutely asked for more but Gold Coast have no need whatsoever over the next couple years to accommodate us or anyone else for that matter. They probably won’t even use a pick past 20!
The AFL’s “you’re rubbish” assistance package means Gold Coast simply couldn’t lose and they don’t need extra picks or to bank points for Academy/Zone selections.
If Martin walks they can just cancel out Pick 11 next year or Pick 20 this year and call it a draw.
Carlton’s inability to recognise that the goal posts had shifted and stick fat was the real failure. Pick 9 for Martin & Pick 15 is a good deal... surely they had enough time to react to this and get it done once the Daniher/Papley deals fell over?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back