Preview 2019 Prelim Final - Tigers v Cats @ Punt Rd Oval, Fri 7:50pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tigers style is suited to the wet, they bash it forward any way they can to gain territory, then quicks forward of centre pounce. Could be a disaster with our slow back line. Would suit us if its dry

I thought in that last quarter against WC we played a Tigers style of game. Moving the ball forward at all cost. We just have to adjust our game if it's wet to a traditional wet weather, kick long, get ball to ground, crumb, goal type of game.

Tigers style is suited to the wet, they bash it forward any way they can to gain territory, then quicks forward of centre pounce. Could be a disaster with our slow back line. Would suit us if its dry
Our backline isn't slow.

The more I think about it, the more I think CS will simply bring in the next "best" player. So you would think it's been Parsons and Chook banging the doors down. Parsons to the wing, Blicavs to FB (where he's an AA), Henry forward. Highly unlikely Richmond MC would scout for that. Could catch them napping.
The next best available player is Henderson by so far that it's not even funny!

Scott: "Mitch Duncan will be unavailable again, there is some possibility for the final week if we make it."

Scott: "It looks to us if Gary Rohan will be available this week, pending training… it’s progressing pretty well. We’re not saying he is available, just optimistic."

Hendo will come in I think, Harry will play forward. It is about structure.. Harry demands respect as a marking option and if we use the ball well he is more than capable forward.

Watching the footage of Rohan running... no way i want him in. He is not fit at all and that gait looks bloody awful.
Hendo in and Harry forward is the least disruptive to our structure IMO

We need to make sure Vlaustin isn't a factor, if we let him just zone off and take intercept marks at half back all game we will get done easily. I am worried Atkins is a touch undersized but he is strong enough and aggressive enough to at least get first crack at keeping him accountable....

wouldn't be against Sav going straight into his back if the chance presents and he is in the hole either

Hendo will come in I think, Harry will play forward. It is about structure.. Harry demands respect as a marking option and if we use the ball well he is more than capable forward.

Watching the footage of Rohan running... no way i want him in. He is not fit at all and that gait looks bloody awful.
Hendo in and Harry forward is the least disruptive to our structure IMO

Totally agree. Does Grimes go to Taylor or Sav?

We need to make sure Vlaustin isn't a factor, if we let him just zone off and take intercept marks at half back all game we will get done easily. I am worried Atkins is a touch undersized but he is strong enough and aggressive enough to at least get first crack at keeping him accountable....

wouldn't be against Sav going straight into his back if the chance presents and he is in the hole either

This is my worry. That quick kick out of the centre ball up can land around were Dahl, Atkins,ablett are and Vlaustin will be. We need to bring this to ground. They are a great rebounding side from half back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to laugh at people suggesting we bring in Kruger, like are you really serious? The club decided not to play him during the regular season now you want them to bring him in for a Prelim Final against the best side in the comp :drunk: kid would be seriously overwhelmed.

Bringing in Rohan, and expecting him to be option 1 or 2 for a prelim would be a disaster. His first half of the season was a pleasant surprise, but he's levelled out badly.

He looked cooked against Collingwood, and is mentally susceptible. Had he kicked that second chance he had, who knows how that game goes from there. Instead he butchered it and didn't touch the footy again.

Bringing in Rohan, and expecting him to be option 1 or 2 for a prelim would be a disaster. His first half of the season was a pleasant surprise, but he's levelled out badly.

He looked cooked against Collingwood, and is mentally susceptible. Had he kicked that second chance he had, who knows how that game goes from there. Instead he butchered it and didn't touch the footy again.

Hasnt been the same since those few head knocks mid season however i think confidence has a lot to do with it and he is only a goal or 2 away from exploding, get a bit of Gaz to Gaz happening again!!!!

Hendo in and Harry forward is the least disruptive to our structure IMO.

Very true.

And H. is by far our best option to provide a replacement tall on the forward line. He's certainly no Toma, of course.

But there's Harry, then daylight, then another few eons of daylight, and then the likes of Buzza, Fort, Smith and Abbott. And Hendo forward is a disaster waiting to happen as well.

It's a year too soon for Nathan. And Rohan is just not in the form or at the level of fitness where you could trust his output in any way.

So, for mine, the inclusion of any replacement tall apart from Hendo as a KPD will be another monumental blunder and could go a long way to sealing our fate.

If they're keen to add a mid instead (with Danger playing up forward), it simply must be Scoots or Parso.

I could see us winning with Hendo in down back or one of the two mids mentioned above included instead.

Apart from that, I think every other selection option should be already out of bounds, on the basis that its chance of success could be optimistically rounded up to almost 1%, if you're feeling positive about things.

Scott: "Mitch Duncan will be unavailable again, there is some possibility for the final week if we make it."

Scott: "It looks to us if Gary Rohan will be available this week, pending training… it’s progressing pretty well. We’re not saying he is available, just optimistic."

Just hope that eventuates - as Mick McGuane said - play him out of the goal square -what an enigma that bloke is - when he is on - he can mark like a champion - and is super quick - ideal attributes when playing a team like Rich

Dont want Fort Buzza or Henderson - if Rohan doesnt come up - bring in another runner - and play Henry forward

Who in the Rich forward line apart from their 2 key position players in Reiwoldt and Lynch - are over 6 ft - theve got small quick blokes

So in summary we are rooted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Just like everyone said before the game last week. Maybe it's people's way of coping, I don't know. Richmond are a good side, but not so flash against quick ball movement just like every other team. It doesn't matter who we bring in for Hawkins if we're slow, it matters how quickly we move the ball.

Fort in for the Tomma. Leave everyone else where they were. It worked.
Warming to this idea the most, the rainfall has dropped significantly since this thread was created.

Danger needs to stay in the guts, not sure why people suggest otherwise. Madness.

Next best bet would be Rohan, although I'm mighty suspicious that we're rushing him back as some sort of last dash.

I have a glimmer of hope that the Tigers have the same issue with the bye as us. In last year’s finals, they played Hawks first up and only beat them by 31 points. Hawks then lost to Melbourne who we know got spanked by West Coast in the prelim.

Richmond then came up against Collingwood in their prelim: Richmond had the week off whereas Pies didn’t. Pies then smashed them.

Could it be that the Tigers lose momentum with the post-season bye? Was their win over Brisbane last week as dominant as the score suggests (e.g. Brisbane had more scoring shots than Tigers, then Brisbane ended up losing to GWS)?

So my thoughts are: perhaps the whole 1 game in 4 weeks for the Tigers will be quite unhelpful for them, and work in our favour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back