Draft Review 2019 - Revisit the 2019 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

THIS ⬆️

Consistently the smartest Swans fan by the length of the Flemington straight.

It’s not hard to understand why you made the trade it’s actually smart.

As much of a winner as can be on night one I guess.

At minimum Weightman seems like a guy fans will love. If he can come in and do a role that would be enough for me. Any better and I’m laughing. After our trade period the draft had less relevance for mine.

Losers: anybody who watched the broadcast. That was woeful.
Have the broadcast on FoxFooty going with the volume down and then have the volume up on your phone to listen to the AFL.com.au coverage, to top it off have the laptop open so you can continue to post on BigFooty? It's Xmas for football fans haha

I love how clubs have already failed because player x fell through. Essendon was getting the best tall forward in the 2006 AFL draft bu Scott Gumbleton never reached any great heights because injury hurt his chances of playing consistent AFL. The thought of putting a line through a player less than 24 hours into his career is seriously worrying.

A recovering ACL and SOS's love affair with skinny inside mids continues. It's just seems too risky at this stage where Carlton are at.

Wouldn't an explosive yet balanced mifdielder (Philp) be worth more than another inside midfielder (Robertson)? especially after selecting an inside midfielder and having an array of one paced inside mids already on the Blues list? The recruitment of Philp will be good decision in years to come imho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Howard finished his 3km time trial yet?

Of course about 1 minute 10 secs behind the leaders which is probably standard for 200cm full backs

Anyway ......

Hill & Howard

Or

ACL Boy Kemp & Mr No Name Explosive Thighs

It's never pretty watching someone reem themselves ...... unless of course it's SOS

No use shaping the draft if it benefits the opposition

Hey SOS here's another idea ...... why don't you sign up and pay an inconsistent half forward flanker who plays for the worst team in the comp 1 million a year to be an inconsistent forward flanker

Losers: anybody who watched the broadcast. That was woeful.
Yep.

capped off by blowing the Sydney Stephens pick by focusing the camera on their screen 90 seconds out from the pick

Carlton almost pulled off the master move, I really like Philp's athletic profile and thik he was underrated coming into the draft, I think there was better available however.

Cripps and Kemp is a damn nice combo in the future though if Kemp can recover and become an AFL mid.

Overall they did pretty nicely.

Young at #7 is arguably as good a pickup as Green at #10.

Next year is very compromised, I'm sure GWS don't care about missing a first and second there. Plus Ash is a very good talent and suits them, can play round 1 next year too, blistering speed something they lack and will allow them to use Williams in the centre a bit more. Ash is better than the bloke they's get in the 30's (after their two firsts would be used for Green)

The Giants don't care about future picks as they know they are going to have top end talent leave at the end of 2020 anyway. Caldwell, hatless, Green, Ash, Hill, O'Halloran will all be fighting to stay in the team. Midfield of Taranto, Coniglio, Ward, Williams, Whitfield, Kelly, De Boer, Greene and I am sure I have missed some. They will decide who they are willing to lose and will get first round picks again.

Is it me or did Sam Flanders look completely underwhelmed to be going to the GC.
Could tell that was such a huge shock for him.
He's absolutely pumped I spoke to him. Was just shocked as he didn't see it coming.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4

Don't know enough about Philp but he is basically free as Kemp at 11 would have been fine for the Blues. Tick there.

Freo huge. Young is a top 2-3 talent to replace Hill. I wonder if the Saints knew that Young would slide here, if they would have kept the pick & tried to force the trade with a 2020 option? Serong will learn quickly and fill that Neale shaped hole and Henry is a clear point of difference in the forward line. All 3 could play round 1 without issue.

Port taking some massive risks.

Robertson sliding due to kicking. A team will be seen to get a bargain for his inside work but we are seeing more and more that turnovers kill teams.

Trent Bianco one to watch from here IMO

Is it me or did Sam Flanders look completely underwhelmed to be going to the GC.
Could tell that was such a huge shock for him.

Probably wasn’t expecting to go to GC

Wouldn't an explosive yet balanced mifdielder (Philp) be worth more than another inside midfielder (Robertson)? especially after selecting an inside midfielder and having an array of one paced inside mids already on the Blues list? The recruitment of Philp will be good decision in years to come imho.

SOS has burnt so many picks on these types of players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Review 2019 - Revisit the 2019 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back