List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you all think about trading out of this year's first round? Something similar, although doubt it would be as good, as the Hawks trade a few years ago.

I raise it as it seems like the dogs are looking at getting out of the first round next year due to their father-son prospects. Might be a good way of gaining some extra value for little cost.

Given that we have a few talented young players not getting a game, such as Coff and White, and injured players to come back next season, Bytel and King, it seems like to me there might be the space in our development 'pipe-line' to take a year out.

Additionally, with doubts over the coaching position, and hence the game plan, next year I can see an argument to wait and see how the team evolves before making a significant investment into a young player the next coach might not want to use. Personally, I like the 'best available' approach, but think the thought might have merit.

Yeah, na....that's the sort of dumb shit we've been up to for years and are still waiting. If it takes 4 to 5 years for players to start making an impact, that's making it 5 to 6. We won't still be in Victoria if we keep putting off getting around to good drafting. I'm not sure we'd be allowed to have no draft access until the late 50s or what ever we have left any way.

If we are meeting with Coniglio today, I wonder who is all in that meeting?

Lethlean, Gallacher, Geary maybe Hannebery?
Dunno if any ITKers know how this process works.

You'd assume Richo would be there too, if not then it's obvious at that point he won't be head coach next year (TBH he prob knows this by now anyway).
Just interesting, how the club deals with trying to attract top end talent when there is a big question mark over the senior coaches future. Does he form part of these meetings?

I wonder how much sway a guy like Hannebery could have in these meetings. Respected premiership player. If he can help us attract elite talent to the club then he has justified his contract 10 times over.

Doesn't matter.
This is straight out of the player manager handbook.

Go take a meeting with the biggest cheque in town in order to show your current mob they better not short change you.

You know how the vague term 'due diligence' gets thrown around all the time in all sorts of contexts, without anyone really questioning what it actually consists of?

Well this is it- cogs is just doing his 'due diligence' in exploring his free agency rights.

That's code for- I'm not going anywhere, but I'm not getting stiffed.

I, and I'm sure many others on here have done the same in their workplaces.

Go on a job interview monday without being shy about who knows about it....
and incredibly by tuesday, that pay rise or promotion that was previously 'impossible' or 'in 6 months time'- is miraculously on the table.

We're not doing anything wrong or stupid by meeting with him, but we won't walk out any closer to getting him no matter how well it goes.

Doesn't matter.

Go take a meeting with the biggest cheque in town in order to show your current mob they better not short change you.

You know how the vague term 'due diligence' gets thrown around all the time in all sorts of contexts, without anyone really questioning what it actually consists of?

Well this is it- cogs is just doing his 'due diligence' in exploring his free agency rights.

and incredibly by tuesday, that pay rise or promotion that was previously 'impossible' or 'in 6 months time'- is miraculously on the table.

We're not doing anything wrong or stupid by meeting with him, but we won't walk out any closer to getting him no matter how well it goes.

And it's in our interest that if Coniglio doesn't leave, or leaves to another team, that he is well paid and provides pressure on that team's salary cap to allow us to target other players that may have to miss out.

his old man is pretty close with some guys i know and although he is tight lipped about it he has said that GWS and his boy will come to a agreement.. so unless something drastic happens i think he will stay ... logic will say if he doesnt he will choose another club besides us
Good sauce

Doesn't matter.

Maybe that's what we are thinking with with Draper, it's like that old pick-up technique where you talk to the pretty girl's ugly friend first and it makes them chase you instead. Offer up big money for Drapes and pretend we lost interest in Cogs after the interview, offer Draper $$$$$$$, Cogs is so pissed that the one legged rookie is going to get more than him he comes running to us.

Maybe that's what we are thinking with with Draper, it's like that old pick-up technique where you talk to the pretty girl's ugly friend first and it makes them chase you instead. Offer up big money for Drapes and pretend we lost interest in Cogs after the interview, offer Draper $$$$$$$, Cogs is so pissed that the one legged rookie is going to get more than him he comes running to us.
And in your case, cogs turns out to be a lesbian...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realistically you have to draft one. We only have one pick in the first few rounds. Jones will cost a first round IMO, would rather try our luck with a player like Robertson than Jones. We don't need more good players, we need elite. Matt Youngs boy might drift out to 6 or so but he's a half back. Strong, Taheny, Flanders, Rantall etc all good options.

That was meant to be Serong, stupid autocorrect. He looks good Serong.

And which ruckmen?

Draper and Goldstein if you believe the media. We have offered a rookie with an ACL who will be out for 12 months $1.7 million....he's never played a game of AFL and was a recent convert to the sport. It's either one of the great pieces of dumb arsery or genius, he'd want to be some player. I think we were jealous of all the publicity the Dogs got with Boyd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back