List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Because you have to commit to games almost immediately for 6 top 20 picks.

Now it might seem easy as you are rebuilding.

All it takes is an injury or 2 and their pick 6 might want to leave in 2 years time and having hardly played. Full of talent and worth a fraction.

He isn’t wrong pointing out the difficulties in making that work.

If we have 2 top 10 picks - that will also be tough in the short term to provide adequate AFL level development.

If they can’t manage that then WTF are they doing running an AFL club.

First round picks get 3 year contracts also. And if they’re injured they can hardly expected to have played many games.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Curtis Taylor speaking on trade radio

Sounds like a good egg - delisting from Norf has given him a wake-up call and now desperate for another opportunity

187cm sees himself as a forward. Good leap, could be a Membrey replacement

People spoke about him being offered 2 years from the Saints a month or so ago, any further word? I wouldn't be surprised if we offer him a chance to train in pre-season and potential SSP
These types of players are a dying breed. Not tall. Not small. No pace. Unless you're a contested animal like Rayner, Dusty, Mitchito or Stringer (lol) you either need to be KPP or super fit small applying pressure and providing dynamic ball movement (think Hawk small forwards).

I think the game has past him by.

If they can’t manage that then WTF are they doing running an AFL club.

First round picks get 3 year contracts also. And if they’re injured they can hardly expected to have played many games.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Because I can’t see a club throwing 6 x 18 year old kids taken in a first round in their best 23 every week and

A) not destroy some of them
B) be anything more then the suns or giants in there first year or two.

If 1 or 2 of those picks got shuffled into next years first round and assuming they get pick 1 and maybe pick 2 if Balta leaves.

It gives them so much currency to trade up into the top 5 or target a younger more experienced player at another club

Maybe.

But I really rate Bailey and think we have nothing like him on the list.

Cam Rayner is another name you would have to consider
I'd argue Henry is our version of Bailey

Rayner definitely would be in the conversation but I want a bonafide A-grade mid if we're losing our long-term full forward

How ****ing depressing its the start of the player movement period and its Cam Luke and Adam Cooney on trade radio. If these are the guys discussing the Battle deal I'm gonna cry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This coming from a bloke with 265 father sons that have gone through his club, spare me Bevo!

Regarding the Battle compo, any extra first round pick this year is elite, so we should all be happy already.

I also note that Max King’s height has been updated to 206cm, not sure why it took so long for his correct height to be published.

He must be still growing, no wonder he can't kick, he forgot where his foot was.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back