List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we got another ready made FF there is no way we can afford to trade Josh Bruce. King will be several years before he should be expected to carry the No 1 forward role. The days of Tony Lockett coming in on day 1 and having an impact simply dont occur anymore.

What ever trading we do, should involve midfielders, midfielders and more bloody midfielders!

Quality mids can always become flankers & pockets at AFL level but rarely does it occur the other way.

How's this for a trade

Out Steven
In Pick 18, Constable

Out pick 18 to giants
In Caldwell

Steven nets us 2 x quality mids

As much as I'd like it I reckon we will struggle to get either pick 18 or Constable for Stuv and certainly not both

Maybe 18 if we stand firm. Then that for Caldwell

Stuv for Caldwell is good work in my book

As much as I'd like it I reckon we will struggle to get either pick 18 or Constable for Stuv and certainly not both

Agree. It’ll be an O’Meara style trade I reckon, he looks like damaged goods and they won’t want to overpay. Probably a second rounder (mid-30s) or a couple of thirds.

How's this for a trade

Out Steven
In Pick 18, Constable

Out pick 18 to giants
In Caldwell

Steven nets us a quality mid and Caldwell who had pretty big wraps in his juniors

I don't think we're going to get pick 18 in a straight swap. Steven is too old and now lacks the exposed form. The Ablett or Hanners deals are probably closer to the mark.

might as well just make it an even 2 million. lets be honest, it'd still be a bargain for the position we are in.

money is not the issue. the lack of A grade to elite talent in the midfield is. hanners goes some way to helping. but he needs a genuine star to help him. Cogs would bring that.

we could easily end up paying a bunch of B grade 500-700k each. one cogs would be worth more than any of them collectively.

I don't think we're going to get pick 18 in a straight swap. Steven is too old and now lacks the exposed form. The Ablett or Hanners deals are probably closer to the mark.
We need to hold firm on pick 18 or a player we really want.
It may seem overs for Geelong but he is our best player, 4 time best and fairest winner. He is worth a lot more to the club than whatever scraps Geelong would prefer to throw over.

It may seem overs for Geelong but he is our best player, 4 time best and fairest winner. He is worth a lot more to the club than whatever scraps Geelong would prefer to throw over.

Not easy to hold firm with a guy suffering issues wanting to go home. Just another bit of bad luck if it actually happens.

If he wants to leave we need to get the best outcome possible for the club

Not easy to hold firm with a guy suffering issues wanting to go home. Just another bit of bad luck if it actually happens.
Collingwood reimbursed Brisbane for Beams very nicely - Beams, pick 41+44 for pick 18, 56 and a future first.
In this type of scenario, where a club is letting one of their best players who is contracted return home due to personal issues, we need to demand the type of deal Brisbane did.
Pick 18 would be fair when compared to this deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood reimbursed Brisbane for Beams very nicely - Beams, pick 41+44 for pick 18, 56 and a future first.
In this type of scenario, where a club is letting one of their best players who is contracted return home due to personal issues, we need to demand the type of deal Brisbane did.
Pick 18 would be fair when compared to this deal.
Beans played last year and either won or came second in the b and f

It seems harsh, and obviously Jack's health and well-being is important, but we cannot let Geelong walk all over us. Especially when in this case returning home is a drive down the highway.
Not harsh at all imo home is 1 hour down the road

Our future backline looks ridiculously weak without Battle.

Hard to get too excited about a Austin, Clav, Marsh backline.
Most probably why they are talking about Fremantles Logue and Tomlinson as a Free Agent
Acres could well find himself back in the west if he doesnt show his worth in the next 8 games , Fremantle have 4 players we are looking at - Tucker , Langdon , Cerra and Logue.

Completely disagree. Jack's given a lot to this club. Don't be a bitch about it. Let's look after him.
So hypothetically Jack does wants to leave and wants to play for Geelong we should let him walk and do the right thing for family reasons like Geelong let Kelly walk last year.
Yes Jack has been great for our club but the club has been pretty good to Jack as well, anyhow I hope if he plays next year its for us

Most probably why they are talking about Fremantles Logue and Tomlinson as a Free Agent
Acres could well find himself back in the west if he doesnt show his worth in the next 8 games , Fremantle have 4 players we are looking at - Tucker , Langdon , Cerra and Logue.
But if he doesn’t show his worth then we get bugger all for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back