List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
COGS is good but $1.65mil is a lot of money. Would rather throw a $800 contracts at guys like Papley or Hopper and 2x $400 to 2 of Brodie, Caldwell, bonar, Constable or someone else I can’t think of.
Then we have to find picks and/or players to trade to get all those guys.

If we were to get to Cogs, we go to the draft with all our picks and a full playing list.

I doubt the rumours of 1.6 are correct anyway.

Dunno about that
He is still our most dynamic player on our list
He’s the only player we have that takes the game on
and can turn games
He could be the difference to a team at the top winning its next premiership
So pick 18 would be gettable.

Sorry but those points dont mean a thing to Geelong or Who ever , all it shows is how crap our list is

He’s a different cat. Gets so disenchanted with everything around him. How we finish the end of the season will determine his stay I suggest. I think Jake will ask to go to a big club for a tilt at a flag. That’s my opinion only btw. Haven’t heard anything to back that up. But him not being signed yet worries me a lot.
TBH we havnt missed him and he is past his best , the blokes back looks Fu cked to me as he cant run , If he wanted to leave and we got something half decent id take it , Jake will not be in our best 22 in another 2 years IMO

TBH we havnt missed him and he is past his best , the blokes back looks Fu cked to me as he cant run , If he wanted to leave and we got something half decent id take it , Jake will not be in our best 22 in another 2 years IMO

I reckon the opposite. Clearly he was always going to be up against it this year, being rushed back from major back surgery, no preseason, and being played in a lockdown role which doesn’t suit him.

If his back is right - big if - then I’d expect him to do a full preseason and have his career best year next year. That would put him in AA contention.

I reckon the opposite. Clearly he was always going to be up against it this year, being rushed back from major back surgery, no preseason, and being played in a lockdown role which doesn’t suit him.

If his back is right - big if - then I’d expect him to do a full preseason and have his career best year next year. That would put him in AA contention.
Im more than willing to have a wager that he doesnt get anywhere near AA , his best is past him IMO , but i guess we will have to wait and see

Got smashed for this last month, so hopefully a few more losses might give people a different perspective...

I'd look at the following for the "right" trade that improves our list overall:

Ross
Jake
Bruce
Blake
Dunstan

Admittedly the loss of players through injury means there won't be as many changes ss their should be.

The above mentioned are purely from a currency perspective.

We will need the picks to use on trading in preferred types. FA ain't gonna do it for us IMO.

If Steven goes for pick 18, if happily on trade it for a gun mid.
I think you look at any trades that can be used to improve your list. We've got a stack of players that we'd be willing to trade but probably only a handful that could get us enough value to bring in some quality. I wouldn't want to lose Marshall, Battle, Gresham, Membrey or Billings. Paton, Hind, Clark, Wilkie, Coff, Parker, Lonie, Steele are all players that I think can kick on & we'd want to keep & are probably worth more to us than other clubs.
I'd add Sinclair to your list, although it would be interesting to see if a different coach at the saints got him to the level he's capable of. Acres is the only one I'd be a bit squeamish about, as I could see him going on to be elite elsewhere but if we got a good deal, take it.

They did for Danger.
No Dangerfield was a free agent. They traded for Dangerfield because it was a better outcome for both clubs than they would have got through AFL free agency compensation rules.

Next year Steven is contracted so they will have to pay overs, the following year Steven is an UFA and then the situation becomes he same as Dangerfield.

The compensation proposed by the AFL would determine whether we would follow the Dangerfield scenario (trade) or let him go to Geelong for nix because the compo is better than any trade we could get.

It is - he's contracted.

On the remote chance that he wants to go to Geelong, we will demand a first rounder (top 10) since he is

A - a contracted player

B - 4 time club best and fairest

C - a quality midfielder

However Geelong won't pay that for someone they can get for free the following year.

He’s contracted till 2021.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have been paying Armitage 650k so in the perspective it is not that bad , but it is a hell of a lot - but we need him badly

Its a travesty that the cap has a minimum that needs to be paid for teams like ours.
Having said that, Armo played his guts out for no reward for much of his career, and if he's playing with a bad back now, he's probably feeling pain every time he plays, so i see it as a reward for past services.
Brown could be on some pretty decent coin as well.
Its better to over pay the old guys than the young ones. We know that we will free the money up soon with the old guys, the young ones will never want a pay cut.

Absolute nuff on a saints facebook page wants us to trade Marshall to GWS for Cogs, and then Steven, Newnes and Long to Adelaide for Ellis-Yoleman & O'Brien...
that almost takes the cake i reckon.

Why you read that crap?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't go near Bonar personally.. he's been super disappointing in the NEAFL this year.

All the new draftees have gone straight past him. Think he's only played one decent game ( had a couple of small injuries ).

I'n starting to back away from Caldwell. I absolutely love the kid, but another soft tissue only 2 weeks back. He looks to be an unlucky kid that will be hampered with them.

I wouldn't go near Bonar personally.. he's been super disappointing in the NEAFL this year.

All the new draftees have gone straight past him. Think he's only played one decent game ( had a couple of small injuries ).

I'n starting to back away from Caldwell. I absolutely love the kid, but another soft tissue only 2 weeks back. He looks to be an unlucky kid that will be hampered with them.
Caldwell is a gun but with his injury history he would have to come at the right trade price, that seems unlikely at this stage.

Bonar is a ripped, buffed alpha specimen so we must get him.

Caldwell is a gun but with his injury history he would have to come at the right trade price, that seems unlikely at this stage.
Love him. But another calf injury on the weekend means his missed the entire season basically with different soft tissues.. Makes it damn hard to mount a case to trade for him.

Sounds like a good time to buy while low. Newnes compo pick will do.

My attempts at the ladder predictor have us consistently finishing 15th with pick 4, and as I'm not looking at the draft as yet, all l see is a sweet pick trade with GWS. Whats your gut feel atm mikka? Use p4 or look to trade it down/out?

I think you look at any trades that can be used to improve your list. We've got a stack of players that we'd be willing to trade but probably only a handful that could get us enough value to bring in some quality. I wouldn't want to lose Marshall, Battle, Gresham, Membrey or Billings. Paton, Hind, Clark, Wilkie, Coff, Parker, Lonie, Steele are all players that I think can kick on & we'd want to keep & are probably worth more to us than other clubs.
I'd add Sinclair to your list, although it would be interesting to see if a different coach at the saints got him to the level he's capable of. Acres is the only one I'd be a bit squeamish about, as I could see him going on to be elite elsewhere but if we got a good deal, take it.
There's opportunity cost in all trades.

You have to weigh up the gain versus the cost.

Someone like Acres may or may not become better at another club. But you look at what your getting in return and what that does to your list.

Like selling a house. You know it will increase on value over time, but selling it now allows you to buying something that you perform better and address your current needs.

Thing is you can't hoard players and stand still from the fear that they will become better at another club.

Because if they don't come good at our club, we're screwed.

My attempts at the ladder predictor have us consistently finishing 15th with pick 4, and as I'm not looking at the draft as yet, all l see is a sweet pick trade with GWS. Whats your gut feel atm mikka? Use p4 or look to trade it down/out?
At this stage I think we'll use pick 4 on a trade. That's just gut feel, but there are a couple on the radar. I'm not great on list management though.. The guys keep it ridiculously close to the chest as you'd assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back