2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys,
Long time lurker- first time poster.
Just thought i'd share that i have on what I consider good authority that there could be a bit of moving on of current players to make room for some targets this off season, there is supposedly around five guys we are targeting.. of which I've been told Hugh Greenwood and Adam Tomlinson are two. Not sure either exactly fill needs, but that's what I've been told.. fingers crossed there's a couple A graders in the mix for those other few🤞
Welcome and thanking you for sharing your insights, please don’t be hesitant to come forward and share again. Personally I do like the notion of those stated as they would add to our ‘list’. Wether or not they are best 22 they would definitely add overall.

Brad Hill doesn't make any sense if any of the reporting is remotely true. He'll be in melbourne or still at Freo next year.
Just like Mitch Clark was going to WA? Or Buddy was going to GWS? Reporting on a players destination is usually guess work this early on. They find out that a player wants out and then attempt to join the dots. In Hill's case they've likely heard rumblings that he wants out and have thought, "Oh, well his partner is from Vic, she must be homesick! That'd be it! He's going back to Melbourne."

In reality he may have 1 foot already in the Lions den with his strong relationships with Fagan, Hodge, Neale, Robinson and Cameron all playing a part in convincing him to move.

My cats mate said when we traded in McCarthy he is a Gun. Although your lucky to get 2 games a seasons from him.
So his promise was always there not the body.

Adams just back playing and McCarthy played all year although do we want to go with a injured guy with potential where we need to drop a kid coming through NEAFL for.

Not sure who we grab there be some talk going on for sure.

My cats mate said when we traded in McCarthy he is a Gun. Although your lucky to get 2 games a seasons from him.
So his promise was always there not the body.

Adams just back playing and McCarthy played all year although do we want to go with a injured guy with potential where we need to drop a kid coming through NEAFL for.

Not sure who we grab there be some talk going on for sure.
My thoughts would be it depends on the ceiling for the injured guy compared to the kid playing NEAFL.

If it's someone like McCarthy who had massive upside and only cost us a couple of small downgrades on our 3rd and 4th round picks then go for it.

We still need to improve the overall quality of the list and low risk/high reward plays like McCarthy make sense every once in a while. That's not to say the same thing done again couldn't go the opposite way.

Just like Mitch Clark was going to WA? Or Buddy was going to GWS? Reporting on a players destination is usually guess work this early on. They find out that a player wants out and then attempt to join the dots. In Hill's case they've likely heard rumblings that he wants out and have thought, "Oh, well his partner is from Vic, she must be homesick! That'd be it! He's going back to Melbourne."

In reality he may have 1 foot already in the Lions den with his strong relationships with Fagan, Hodge, Neale, Robinson and Cameron all playing a part in convincing him to move.

The reporting is that his partner is definitely moving back to Melbourne next year, regardless of whether he can get a trade out of Freo or not:

I think that makes it highly unlikely that a Mitch Clark scenario could happen.

The reporting is that his partner is definitely moving back to Melbourne next year, regardless of whether he can get a trade out of Freo or not:

I think that makes it highly unlikely that a Mitch Clark scenario could happen.

Chicks!

The reporting is that his partner is definitely moving back to Melbourne next year, regardless of whether he can get a trade out of Freo or not
Maybe I'm too new age but I'd be surprised that this wasn't with buy-in from the couple, i.e. saying this makes it a lot more likely that Brad gets what he wants - getting back to Victoria - without aggravating team supporters.

I think the Crows Jacobs will be looking for a club next year. Would be handy ruck insurance but will turn 32 next year
I think he is pretty shot. He can still get a mountain of hitouts but they are pretty low quality and easily sharked by opposition. His mobility I think is starting to be a liability too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I’ve heard, a mid level free agent (not A grade) expressed interest in moving to Brisbane. Reliable source, probably not, just because it’s probably passed through a lot of mouths. It is still something to think about, second year in a row.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've heard that Brad Hill's partner is looking for a career in the Hairdressing/beauty industry, do we know anyone who could help her out with that? :think: :D
The club has a policy to recruit player A n also good mate player B to keep them happy. How about A=Hill.....B=Cyril? Very quiet on the Cyril front for awhile now.

Bonner is pretty poor defensively but quick and a long quick. Fairly prone to a brain fade though.

From that list on afl.com I'd be interested in Bailey Dale, I really like what I've seen of him.
BAILEY DALE (WESTERN BULLDOGS)

Draft picks:
Early third-round pick
Value on open market:$250,000-350,000 per season

Has shown glimpses as a half-forward/wingman but injury has held him back from being elevated into the next bracket.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-07...niglio-martin-and-all-the-other-trade-targets

I am astonished, astounded, flabbergasted even angry at the industry not recognizing Cuts worth two first rounders. It's an AFL conspiracy to keep us from being successful.

View attachment 714909
I had to look twice, I thought it was a post from Dylan12

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back