2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of talk over on our board that Smith might be on his way to Brisbane....very good friends with CC, so seems plausible.

Bit of talk over on our board that Smith might be on his way to Brisbane....very good friends with CC, so seems plausible.

Would be a very welcome addition.

I'm assuming the Crows would be keen on Walker if Keath was to leave. We could also offer a late first or early second.

Would be a very welcome addition.

I'm assuming the Crows would be keen on Walker if Keath was to leave. We could also offer a late first or early second.

Not out of contract until 2021. Probably would take the GC pick plus a sweetener?

If Collingwood get through week one of finals then their pick gets into the realms of fair compensation.

Listening to the Brisbane Lions Supporters Podcast on the weekend, they made the point we could use one more top of the line midfielder because we're still losing a lot of centre clearances. Who could we make an offer to that would improve us and be willing to come? We've mentioned Zac Williams before, and Parish before he re-signed. Matt Crouch maybe?
Ely Smith.

With the talk on the "non lions discussion" thread re a few players maybe looking at going to the Suns the one mentioned that I would really like to look at for us is Sam Powell-Pepper.

IMO he would be a fantastic get for us, he has destroyed us out of the middle in the past, his disposal is a worry but I am very confident we could maximize his "weapons" ie. big bodied contested center square beast.

Listening to the Brisbane Lions Supporters Podcast on the weekend, they made the point we could use one more top of the line midfielder because we're still losing a lot of centre clearances. Who could we make an offer to that would improve us and be willing to come? We've mentioned Zac Williams before, and Parish before he re-signed. Matt Crouch maybe?
I didn’t watch the whole game but I saw some very nice stuff from Ely Smith on the weekend, hit the ball at pace, exploding away from contests, decent ball use and ran hard to space to get the ball back again!
Not sure without looking at stats, how he went defensively, but looked very clean in and around the contest!

What about Archie, surely he's ready to step up next season which will be his 7th year on our list, if he's not ready now I don't think he ever will be.

If we go down another ruck path, Ceglar would be a fair enough get though, he's OOC this year so he would come relatively cheap.
I'm with you and hope Archie does step up but I've a sneaky suspicion he isn't quite what we are after. He is probably marginally better at a centre bounce tap than Steph but once its on the ground he falls away dramatically. Around the ground he is not near the output Steph has whom you might call at times a big bodied midfielder. To me Archie is a bit more of a Big O roll than Steph. Neither Steph or Archie could be considered forwards although Steph I reckon has improved this year. I think we will chase a ruckman that works hard around the ground, plays long minutes on the ball then rests on the bench - who ever that might be. We could take a project type player, I think Steph could go 2 more years so I'm tipping some one like Big O that is lurking around in the lower leagues around 22 to 26 years old who plays like Grundy/Steph rather that an elite tap ruckman.

I didn’t watch the whole game but I saw some very nice stuff from Ely Smith on the weekend, hit the ball at pace, exploding away from contests, decent ball use and ran hard to space to get the ball back again!
Not sure without looking at stats, how he went defensively, but looked very clean in and around the contest!
Saw the same as you, he is a big unit, tough as nails and can hit the scoreboard. since he was stand in Captain he seems to be much better. I though I was starting seeing why we chose him.

If Buzza can't get a game with the Cat's, not sure he will get one with us.
I think we would get him cheap if not for free. He is a B Brisbane boy and had potential when he left. I'd be ok sitting him on the Rookie list or maybe last spot on the main list and back we can reinvent him at home with his family. Qld kids have always developed later (Drummond, Bushy, Zorko etc)

With the talk on the "non lions discussion" thread re a few players maybe looking at going to the Suns the one mentioned that I would really like to look at for us is Sam Powell-Pepper.

IMO he would be a fantastic get for us, he has destroyed us out of the middle in the past, his disposal is a worry but I am very confident we could maximize his "weapons" ie. big bodied contested center square beast.

Ewwwwww. No thanks

First time in a long time that I disagree with something you have said Jas!
I am not a fan of his at all.
Now, if you had of said Xavier Duursma or Connor Rozee???
Then I would have been right onboard!

Ely Smith.

Ely Smith’s stats from the weekend.....topped the tackle count.
1e8db881c8b4d27ffd999aef91f0e7ff.jpg

He’ll be better than Powell-Pepper.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time in a long time that I disagree with something you have said Jas!
I am not a fan of his at all.
Now, if you had of said Xavier Duursma or Connor Rozee???
Then I would have been right onboard!
All good D, nothing wrong with a respectful disagreement, as I posted his disposal is a worry, but I think Fagan and his coaches have a great mantra of concentrating on weapons and improving them as well as weaknesses eg. Jarryd Lyons.
Average at best footballer and quite possibly an even more average person. Big no :thumbsdown:
Overall you maybe right, but he has a serious weapon in his contested game IMO. I haven't seen anything that would suggest his is an average person, maybe he has made a few mistakes in life like most of us but nothing worth labeling him.

I'd be for his recruitment but wont lose a second of sleep over it if we passed on him.

Yeah Brodie Smith would be a great addition wouldn't he? Would flourish in our system imo and be a real attacking weapon for us.
Would fill Hodge’s role down back as the general/quarterback. 28 early next year so maybe 5yrs out of him. I would say our second rounder currently pick 36.

Na would be the Pies 1st rounder more than likely. Pick 36 is so far off the mark mate... He's a real quality player in his prime.
25/26 is prime - he will be 28. Still worth the Pies pick but after the Cameron experience I reckon the Crows will play hard ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back