2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Taylor Walker anyone?

Feel like we would be better off getting games into one of our young forwards. Based on his form I would think he would be holding someone back.

Taylor Walker anyone?
proxy.php

Hard pass.

Feel like we would be better off getting games into one of our young forwards. Based on his form I would think he would be holding someone back.

It may well happen regardless.

He did still manage 43 goals this year in a team that wasn’t particularly great. Leads really well and pressures.

Probably takes McStays spot or we see Big O start challenging for the #1 ruck position.

Brodie Smith is apparently one that Charlie Cameron may have been getting in the ear of too. Noble connection too I suppose.

I’d be all for it personally. Brodie Smith that is. Walker I’m 50/50 on. Tex would seem a strange move though given the time we’re investing in someone like McStay.

It may well happen regardless.

He did still manage 43 goals this year in a team that wasn’t particularly great. Leads really well and pressures.

Probably takes McStays spot or we see Big O start challenging for the #1 ruck position.

Brodie Smith is apparently one that Charlie Cameron may have been getting in the ear of too. Noble connection too I suppose.

I’d be all for it personally. Brodie Smith that is. Walker I’m 50/50 on. Tex would seem a strange move though given the time we’re investing in someone like McStay.

When you say it may well happen regardless what’re you basing this on?

Id do pick 15 and Cutler for Laird. I dont think cuts is in fages future plans and i think hinge has a bit to offer in the future.
The reason I mentioned Hinge is that he's from SA and it'll be a challenge to keep him on the list with this summer's squeeze. Cuts is almost certainly heading back to Victoria, I'd be very surprised if he was on our list next year.

Size 600 b. What.
Yeah that's one hell of a bust size.

Taylor Walker anyone?

As his doppelganger I would endorse this trade.

Honestly don't get the hate that is directed towards the Texan. One of my favourite non-Lions and would be a very short term structural upgrade on the likes of McStay (who I consider a great player for us). Realistically, I'm not sure he would be worth the cost, time or effort given he is 29.

I am told by a source close to Jenkins that all the going-ons at the Crows will be revealed in due course.

As his doppelganger I would endorse this trade.

Honestly don't get the hate that is directed towards the Texan. One of my favourite non-Lions and would be a very short term structural upgrade on the likes of McStay (who I consider a great player for us). Realistically, I'm not sure he would be worth the cost, time or effort given he is 29.

I am told by a source close to Jenkins that all the going-ons at the Crows will be revealed in due course.

Very much in the same boat. Good player but not particularly sure he’d be well suited to us at the moment.

There’s certainly some interesting stuff going on there. It’s a shame, because I’d like to see them doing well. They’ve been probably the only other club to have lost as many players as us over the years but unlike us for a long time, have managed to perform at a really solid level during that period.

The talk of Smith does make me wonder if it’s largely based around the fact him and Cameron are very, very good friends and people are talking about it due to that.

I’ve been against targeting him, but would be a nice addition after a second look.

No concern he missed 2018 with an ACL?

Maybe we’re targeting a different Brodie Smith; Mason Cox v2.0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tex will cost far too much compared to the standard of play he provides. If it was the last move we needed to put us over the top I'd consider it, otherwise I'd rather try for Bruce/Dixon. Not a knock on Tex, I just don't think Adelaide will part with their captain easily.

I agree with this and his media outbursts are to be avoided at all costs. Too many tantrums for my liking.

Watson and Lyon on SEN this morning discussing Daniher to Brisbane getting some legs.
The silly season of trade whispers has well and truly kicked off so I take most of this talk with a grain of salt but isn't it wonderful that we are playing finals and have more important things to ponder than trades and to top it off have definitely become a destination club for trade rumours.

Watson and Lyon on SEN this morning discussing Daniher to Brisbane getting some legs.
Watson generally has pretty good mail in relation to Essendon.
And apparently isn’t real happy with the management of his injuries in the last couple of years so there could be something in it.
We are gaining a pretty good injury management reputation.

Joe Daniher would be an excellent get if we were confident we could get his body right but how much would you have to give up for him?

He's a RFA at the end of 2020 so we'd probably have to give up a player + a first round draft selection if we wanted him this off season. It'll come down to whether the coaches have confidence that the KPF partner answer for Hippy is already on our list or not, he's only a year older than McStay so certainly fits our age profile and is an area of need.

I certainly haven't heard this Daniher talk. If true, it would be a great.
The Laird to Lions talk started in May and we will find out soon if its all BS or true. The fact that his name has now been mentioned tells me that the talk in May was spot on. Don't be surprised if Tom Morris or Damien Barrett break this story soon.
Have also heard that we are very much into Ceglar - whether we like it or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back