Rd 16 A v Geelong GMHBA Friday July 3 7.50pm
Rd 17 H v Adelaide Sunday July 12 3.20pm
Rd 18 A v Fremantle Saturday July 18 6.10pm
Rd 19 A v Carlton MCG Saturday July 25 1.45pm
Rd 20 H v Port Adelaide Saturday August 1 6.10pm
Rd 21 A v Brisbane Saturday August 8 1.45pm
Rd 22 H v Collingwood Friday August 14 6.10pm
Rd 23 A v Western Bulldogs TBC

Piss off with your thursday night vs the Bombers game already. Nobody cares AFL, let it go 🚽

Also another year without beating Sydney away from home (unless finals). That Kerr tackle in 2007 is folklore.

Actually don't really mind the fixture. Bit of stupidity in some areas but it's not bad.

Richmond's 5 straight games at the MCG is fun. Great initiative. At least it's not all before finals this time.

Last edited:
well we were given an ANZAC day blockbuster against Hawthorn and I was hoping that it was at the MCG because i live in melbourne. I can't believe they will make us go to Tassie. Absolute BS

Fixture is alright. We have pretty hard double-ups with Geelong, Richmond and Pies (we finished 6th yet get 3 double-ups from the top 4 in 2019). Starting the season you'd only pencil in 2-3 away loses upfront (Hawks in Tassie, Geelong, probably Richmond at MCG) but we should beat both Cats and Tigers at home. If we're good enough we should be able to find 16 wins from that.

Some of the home game start times are bizzaire. 3:20pm on a Sunday sucks. We also play at 5:10 on a Saturday against Geelong in rnd 3. Quite a few 6 day breaks as well.

Richmond's draw looks a lot more like that of a reigning premier. They actual have to travel in the last 7 weeks. I raised my eyebrows at them doubling up against a bottom 4 side once again (Carlton).

Depends on whether the 2018 or 2019 Melbourne side turn up to play. They were no slouches in 2018 albeit they flunked it when they came over to play us in the PF but they were fairly decent before that. Don't know why the drop off was so extreme in 2019
I disagree.
Melbourne had to beat us at home to make finals and they didnt beat a top 8 side all year

Fixture is alright. We have pretty hard double-ups with Geelong, Richmond and Pies (we finished 6th yet get 3 double-ups from the top 4 in 2019). Starting the season you'd only pencil in 2-3 away loses upfront (Hawks in Tassie, Geelong, probably Richmond at MCG) but we should beat both Cats and Tigers at home. If we're good enough we should be able to find 16 wins from that.

Some of the home game start times are bizzaire. 3:20pm on a Sunday sucks. We also play at 5:10 on a Saturday against Geelong in rnd 3. Quite a few 6 day breaks as well.

Richmond's draw looks a lot more like that of a reigning premier. They actual have to travel in the last 7 weeks. I raised my eyebrows at them doubling up against a bottom 4 side once again (Carlton).

Some (hopefully) dry decks on those Sunday games! I think the 5:10 start against Geelong in Round 3 is due to Daylight savings, it finishes at midnight that night. Otherwise it would have been the 6:10 start I think.

Piss off with your thursday night vs the Bombers game already. Nobody cares AFL, let it go 🚽

Also another year without beating Sydney away from home (unless finals). That Kerr tackle in 2007 is folklore.

Actually don't really mind the fixture. Bit of stupidity in some areas but it's not bad.

Richmond's 5 straight games at the MCG is fun. Great initiative.

We don't play in Sydney at all in 2020. Although we play well at GIANTS Stadium we've done well to avoid the harbour city even if it means me using more points to watch the boys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i disagree with having a number 6 day breaks. AFL clearly won't listen to our concerns and yet richmond and collingwood hardly have to travel

Probably the least comfortable I've felt about our fixture in a while but fair given the 6-6-6. Only one away game after a six day break is fantastic. No games in NSW is odd and frustrating as an Eagles fan living in that state.

Quite happy with that fixture. Our best easily matches the top 4 double up sides away from home, but you can chalk up that Cats game as a L right now.

Tough little run to finish as I expect those we play will have just as much to play for. But I'd rather play Brisbane in August than March.

BRB booking September flights

Don't like that we play 6 of the other 7 finallists away from home (although we get 3 of them as double ups). The first half of the season looks easier on paper, so hopefully with a proper length preseason we'll hit the ground running. Can't afford to drop any winnable games before the bye.

Friday night against Port will be a highlight for me. We haven't had a Friday night game in Adelaide since we ****ed the Crows 2016 season in Round 23.

We play Port on Good Friday night but according to the 'Round Explained' on the fixture, it's not until the week after that that we "appear on the Friday night stage for the first time in 2020". Are they not expecting us to turn up for the Port game? Subtle dig.

It's an ok fixture IMO, some big games at home against quality opposition/top 4 rivals.
expecting some ridiculous crowd records to be broken next year. reckon our overall home attendance record for the year could be smashed

Not a bad fixture, but could be better. Rather have Hawthorn at the MCG and only play Geelong at Optus. Getting Brisbane so late on their home deck is a nuisance. Shame we didn't get the double up against Adelaide instead of Port. I'm happy we got Gold Coast at Metricon, seems like a wasted home game getting them at Optus. No trip to NSW is a win. Would've liked to have seen another trip to Darwin, I would even be willing to sell a home game to Gold Coast to make that a permanent fixture.

looking at the fixture it is reasonable

first ten games all winnable with port and hawthorn being 50/50s

middle bit of the season looks tough with collingwood geelong and richmond away but then a somewhat cruisey run home.

if were in premiership mode and hungry as **** our losses i think will be launceston the ****en alphabet stadium and at the g against coll and rich.

Fixture looks about as good as we could have hoped for. Our toughest away games we get a return of service at least at home.

The second block of 6 day breaks looks tough but at least we avoid Norf in Tassie for a change.

It's on the boys to get the job done, I don't think we are going to get a much better run at it fixture wise. I'm really pleased to see a better ratio of day games. All the night games in 2019 didn't do us any favours at all with slippery/greasy conditions impeding our skill based game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2020 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back