Analysis 2020 List, Game Plan and Best 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

My ideal 22. Think it can't be beat

B: Papley, Rampe, Papley
HB: Papley, Papley, Papley
C: Papley, Papley, Papley
HF: Papley, Papley, Papley
F: Papley, Franklin, Papley
R: Papley, Parker, Papley
Int: Kennedy, Papley, Papley, Papley

If you have two Heeney's then one of them will likely have a good game.

My ideal 22. Think it can't be beat

B: Papley, Rampe, Papley
HB: Papley, Papley, Papley
C: Papley, Papley, Papley
HF: Papley, Papley, Papley
F: Papley, Franklin, Papley
R: Papley, Parker, Papley
Int: Kennedy, Papley, Papley, Papley

This would improve us in the ruck compared to last night

scratch match.. Swans v GWS this Today or tomorrow..
Is anyone going?
Can someone please post how fantastic our reserves are

Anyone know why we put all our eggs in the Naismith basket and didnt recruit a single ruckman despite seeing how disastrous it is without Sam?

Even an Archie Smith type was just sitting there for a 1 year cheap contract, and nothing

Anyone know why we put all our eggs in the Naismith basket and didnt recruit a single ruckman despite seeing how disastrous it is without Sam?

Even an Archie Smith type was just sitting there for a 1 year cheap contract, and nothing

Cause our thought process and decision making of the last few years has been awful?

Probably thought that Sinclair was good enough to be a first ruck when Naismith wasn't there.

The list actually does have quite a lot of rucks - Naismith, Sinclair, Amartey, Knoll, McLean - trouble is only two of them are really first rucks.

Given we'll likely lose 2-3 of them for next season I reckon we have to take a crack at a proper ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have 5 ruckmen and drafted 2 in the supplimentry drafts. The club is trying pretty hard to get rucks.....

Probably thought that Sinclair was good enough to be a first ruck when Naismith wasn't there.

The list actually does have quite a lot of rucks - Naismith, Sinclair, Amartey, Knoll, McLean - trouble is only two of them are really first rucks.

Given we'll likely lose 2-3 of them for next season I reckon we have to take a crack at a proper ruck.

And all the rest were taken in the rookie draft.

Not that hard. Are not willing to trade for a good ruck or use a good draft pick to get one.

Because I'm sure you and others who were complaining about our midfield - myself included - would've loved if we used a pick on a ruck instead of Stephens, or Rowbottom the year before.

To be fair of that list, leaving Naismith out, the rest are not rucks.

They are merely tall.

Agree with the we need a crack at a proper ruck statement for sure.

Who knows who we have enquired about.

Swans: “how does he feel about a move to Sydney?”

Manager: “no good, has a few offers in Melbourne where he’d prefer to stay so he will take one of those”

This doesn’t make the media...

Who knows who we have enquired about.

Swans: “how does he feel about a move to Sydney?”

Manager: “no good, has a few offers in Melbourne where he’d prefer to stay so he will take one of those”

This doesn’t make the media...
Preuss moving to Melbourne to spend his career playing in the VFL showed his level of ambition

So Naismith has another year left on his contract, if list sizes are reduced next year do we payout his last year and delist him? Obviously we need the cap space to be able to do it and it always seems harsh to delist someone who has been unlucky with injury but it just doesnt seem likely that Naismith is ever going to be fit for long and is 28 next month.

So Naismith has another year left on his contract, if list sizes are reduced next year do we payout his last year and delist him? Obviously we need the cap space to be able to do it and it always seems harsh to delist someone who has been unlucky with injury but it just doesnt seem likely that Naismith is ever going to be fit for long and is 28 next month.

He will probably be 30 by the time if even he can get on the park :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back